Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Vertical Lime posted:

also kornheiser's first podcast drops in 2 hours

Yeah the website for it is up.

Registered to Thisshowstinks LLC which is just :allears:

edit: There is a promo which completely loving rules, stating that they'll continue to talk about (as we know) "Sports, tv shows, movies, and the local traffic and weather around the DC area and how it affects me"

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Sep 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
The McConaughey "now imagine she's white" sound clip has been amazing.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

they're talking about pooping your pants today hahahaha

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

So, who thinks Stugotz stayed overnight in the studio tonight? I am betting he aid off the wrong security guard to say he was there all night. Wish I was in Miami tonight, I would totally take a trip down there to see.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

swickles posted:

So, who thinks Stugotz stayed overnight in the studio tonight? I am betting he aid off the wrong security guard to say he was there all night. Wish I was in Miami tonight, I would totally take a trip down there to see.

Solution: alcohol. Dude's going to be a loving trainwreck tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/Stugotz790/status/774071969788620800

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Norm making picks is so good.

The best part was when Goodell's voice comes on in the background of the call and they're like, "Norm what are you doing?" and Norm says, "I'm watching the draft."

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

What did pftcommenter do on bomani today?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

No Butt Stuff posted:

What did pftcommenter do on bomani today?

Got a lot of people mad.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
15 seconds of local sports talk analysis:

"You know that Ryan Fitzpatrick is really good, just slinging bombs all over the place. He's got a little Philip Rivers to him, actually you know he may be better."

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

15 seconds of local sports talk analysis:

"You know that Ryan Fitzpatrick is really good, just slinging bombs all over the place. He's got a little Philip Rivers to him, actually you know he may be better."

People in KC think this?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ross Angeles posted:

People in KC think this?

Only severely challenged people think this. Kevin Kietzman is one of those people. I hate listen to him now and then, he's firmly of the belief that Philip Rivers loses games and is the reason the Chargers haven't won a Super Bowl and have been bad recently.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Grittybeard posted:

I hate listen to him now and then, he's firmly of the belief that Philip Rivers loses games and is the reason the Chargers haven't won a Super Bowl and have been bad recently.

:negative:

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

crazycarl posted:

They can be smug as hell, Bernstein more than Boers, but Terry has his moments, for the most part they are entertaining and dont necessary cater to the "extreme homer" or "Chicago Meatball" type fan which other shows would play to...I'm looking at you Mike North

I can't tell if my tastes have changed or if the show's just gotten worse, but I feel like for the last ~3 years at least the show's just become a constant stream of tantrums from Bernstein as he pretends not to understand any argument aside from his own. I think Derrick Rose somehow broke is brain.

I kinda wish they'd give Goff the afternoon slot :(

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I listened to the local hour of LeBatard on the way into work today. The "12 year old Greg Cote being molested by 24 year old Jon Gruden the magician" almost had me in tears.

"Reach into this hat"

good god

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I loved "what's Jon Gruden watching game?".

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Omg my favorite moment in show history that I ever heard live, the Cassidy/Toni debacle.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Two things: you had to hear it live because it probably wont be in the podcast, but the local hour opened with a dance party (its on periscope and twitter ).

Trunp reading Stugotz quotes is amazing.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

swickles posted:

Two things: you had to hear it live because it probably wont be in the podcast, but the local hour opened with a dance party (its on periscope and twitter ).

That's good to hear because the Kaepernick talk (or, more accurately, the response to it) over the past couple of days has been a bummer.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/lebatardshow/status/780157156913975297

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

no way

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Amazing

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Umm, hus daughters made thise picks so he is still only 0-6.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

swickles posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx9xN4X8j8s

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Tony: "You can be the best looking guy in the world, but if you shoot 80 on sunday it doesn't matter"

Cillizza: "You're telling me."

Tony: "Yeah, and I don't have to tell you."

lmao.

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

Terry Bradshaw just said "Penis Sock" about 20 times and told a story about how he shook his junk at Matthew Mcconaughey. Man, Labatard Show is consistently the best.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

lordblytzkrieg posted:

Terry Bradshaw just said "Penis Sock" about 20 times and told a story about how he shook his junk at Matthew Mcconaughey. Man, Labatard Show is consistently the best.

god that was so funny

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

That was great, but I am also digging the new weekly Harbaugh family is crazy segment.

Edit: This is bordering on Lemmy interview level of oddness.

swickles fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 27, 2016

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Stugotz picked the Saints yesterday btw.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

lordblytzkrieg posted:

Failure to Launch?

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

Chilichimp posted:

Failure to Launch?

Yea, he was telling the story of his nude scene he filmed during that movie and it really turned into something crazy. He didn't wanna be completely naked so they offered him 3 varying sizes of penis socks. When they went to film Matthew's lines, Matthew was complaining that the scene wasn't working because Terry was wearing boxers, so during one take (the take they used) he pulled out his junk and started shaking it in front of Matthew.

So, there ya go in case ya missed it.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/JoshInnesRadio/status/782982533520556032

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Okay so he's ruining the only good show on in that time slot, guess I don't get to listen to sports talk on my drive home then. Unless Charlie Palillo ends up somewhere else at the same time (which he should, he's probably the best sports radio host in town).

e: Houston Chronicle article about it

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Safe Word posted:

Okay so he's ruining the only good show on in that time slot, guess I don't get to listen to sports talk on my drive home then. Unless Charlie Palillo ends up somewhere else at the same time (which he should, he's probably the best sports radio host in town).

e: Houston Chronicle article about it

I was going to jokingly ask if Nick Wright was in that time slot and if you didn't love his always subtle takes, then I looked him up and Fox Sports hired him. Because of course Fox Sports hired him.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
A day late but Tony's sheer joy and 180 turn on Ryan is well worth the listen on monday.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

For anyone who missed LeBatard's podcast, Dan 1) trashed Stugotz in a distinctly more personal way than normal, 2) talked about quitting or going on hiatus, 3) claimed to be bored and to have outgrown the show, 4) casually joked about killing himself, and 5) had the rest of the supporting cast genuinely freaking out. That's most of the local and first hour. The remainder is this weird, cold truce and a much more sports-heavy focus than normal. This might be the end.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

It won't be the end. Basically the show is really good when everyone annoys Dan and Stu is the best at that. But the show can be really good in other ways too. I feel like today was basically them developing a "safeword" so they it doesn't stack up on Dan like it did today.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Dan also sort of let something slip that Mike and Mike might be going away for good soon

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Thank God.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

It's still weird to me how anyone can actually hate OR love Mike and Mike. It's just vanilla sports talk. There's literally nothing there to muster up any kind of emotion toward. Unlike Russillo and Kannell which holy poo poo did that show get awful after SVP left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I liked it when Mike ate those donuts that one time