Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who owns the first meltdown?
Oberst
flickmaker
Santheb
Oberst
Dubs
someone unexpected
View Results

• Locked thread
Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Jesus christ change to the dark theme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

Oh poo poo. Missed the advance. Steelers when is good? I'll have some time later tonight if you're around.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Oberst posted:

Jesus christ change to the dark theme

lol, too lazy to change it every day.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

Oberst posted:

Are any of the remaining games going to happen? We could advance already

Saints @ chiefs (sim)
Bills @ Dolphins ????
Pats @ Steelers ????

Still simming vs Saints. (set me a W ;) )

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

davecrazy posted:

Giants 51 - Rams 0

gg. Those crossing routes really don't work when somebody is manually controlling the LB underneath.

Sellout blitzes are bad against stretch runs. You have all your lbs crashing mid while the HB is bouncing outside. Spread the lbs and either control the S or the LB and keep contain and let the backside lbs make the play.

Good game. I suck.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

flickmaker posted:

Oh poo poo. Missed the advance. Steelers when is good? I'll have some time later tonight if you're around.

If it's allowed I can do Sunday. Out of pocket all day today, I have no problem simming if you're also unavailable.

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

BrownThunder posted:

If it's allowed I can do Sunday. Out of pocket all day today, I have no problem simming if you're also unavailable.

I could swing like 5 central Sunday. But if we are holding up the league, I am also cool with a sim game.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

gently caress you guys. I'm giving you until Sunday. I'm advancing by 8 pm

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Oberst posted:

gently caress you guys. I'm giving you until Sunday. I'm advancing by 8 pm

gently caress that ill advance it tonight and sim it

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fair enough. Overruled. I'll advance in a minute

Oberst
May 24, 2010

ADVANCE IS TUESDAY

:siren: WEEK 8, 2016 :siren:

:nexus: TRADE DEADLINE :nexus:

:911: AMERICA'S GET cucked im gay ted cruz cucking cuckservative :911:

davidbonham @ TragedyOfCommons :siren:
TheNardPuppy @ papes38
hopterque @ anactualbabyy
Hizawkie (MIA) @ jaytaggart
Flickmaker @ Pdubb2k :siren:
BDiddY1995 @ CZDoofus :siren:
ShortThug @ notescobar
Dubious @ Da_Goob :siren:

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

Oberst posted:

Flickmaker @ Pdubb2k :siren:

When is good for you? Tomorrow night or pretty much all of Monday are open for me.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
goob, when do you want the bizness

Macaroni Surprise
Nov 13, 2012
Hopterque I'll be back tomorrow night or can play early or late Monday whatever you want

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
gently caress bye weeks.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Macaroni Surprise posted:

Hopterque I'll be back tomorrow night or can play early or late Monday whatever you want

Early is probably the best bet, what times work for you.

Macaroni Surprise
Nov 13, 2012
I don't work until 6pm est so I'll just friend you and keep an eye open Monday morning

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
What it do papes

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

I don't work until 6pm est so I'll just friend you and keep an eye open Monday morning

Ok, I'm euro time so I'll be around.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

human being Guy posted:

What it do papes

I can play later tonight. Probably around 9-11 central time.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Oberst posted:

ADVANCE IS TUESDAY

:siren: WEEK 8, 2016 :siren:

:nexus: TRADE DEADLINE :nexus:

:911: AMERICA'S GET cucked im gay ted cruz cucking cuckservative :911:

ShortThug @ notescobar

I'm ready to get sacked

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

Papes posted:

I can play later tonight. Probably around 9-11 central time.

If im up still that works.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

human being Guy posted:

If im up still that works.

I'm home now actually, so anytime tonight will work for me.

Chocolate
Jun 27, 2011
today works well for me @DavidBonham

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!

AfterFather posted:

I'm ready to get sacked

Tonight? 10 pm EST work?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Hello friend what's the plan today.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Dralun
May 22, 2012
Hizawkie, free tonight after the debate, and tomorrow after 6pst.

In the event he's mia, any way I can play the cpu version of his team instead of the auto grant win?

Macaroni Surprise
Nov 13, 2012

hopterque posted:

Hello friend what's the plan today.

good game. Your run game probably would have hosed me up if I didn't drop so many points early on.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah I mean if any of the passes you threw straight at my corners had been picked, or if you hadn't gone for it on your 4th downs, or if you hadn't chewed clock starting at the end of the 2nd quarter and then seemingly the entire rest of the game.

I'm melting down, although to be clear I don't think I would have won the game either way and question why any of that poo poo was necessary. Like going for it on 4th the first drive, sure, ok, set the tone, it was close, got you an early TD, that's fair, but all the other poo poo?

hosed up.

I'm mad, sound the meltdown alarm, etc. gently caress.

Also i swear to god 3 of your passes hit Sherman right in the chest and he dropped all of them, that and the drat double fumble had me melting down the hardest.

GG.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
If they woulden't go for it on 4th down in the NFL THEN DONT loving DO IT IN OUR LEAUGE.

I can play MUT pubby h2h if I want to play against cheese poo poo all day long.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
The first one was totally fine and led to him scoring 7 instead of 3 (4th and 3 on like the 20 yard line or something, 1st drive of the game. Basically a good gamble.) but the one in the 4th quarter had me foaming at the mouth.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

davecrazy posted:

If they woulden't go for it on 4th down in the NFL THEN DONT loving DO IT IN OUR LEAUGE.

That's really dumb considering nearly every nfl coach is way too conservative on 4th downs.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Anyway meltdown aside it was a solid asskicking and I would have lost other way.

You fucker.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Please stop using chew clock tempo before the 4th is my opinion. Wind the time down manually

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Papes posted:

That's really dumb considering nearly every nfl coach is way too conservative on 4th downs.

Pretend you're belichick not john fox

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

PDubb2k you around at all tonight or tomorrow?

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
All coaches should go for it every fourth down imo

Macaroni Surprise
Nov 13, 2012

hopterque posted:

Yeah I mean if any of the passes you threw straight at my corners had been picked, or if you hadn't gone for it on your 4th downs, or if you hadn't chewed clock starting at the end of the 2nd quarter and then seemingly the entire rest of the game.

I'm melting down, although to be clear I don't think I would have won the game either way and question why any of that poo poo was necessary. Like going for it on 4th the first drive, sure, ok, set the tone, it was close, got you an early TD, that's fair, but all the other poo poo?

hosed up.

I'm mad, sound the meltdown alarm, etc. gently caress.

Also i swear to god 3 of your passes hit Sherman right in the chest and he dropped all of them, that and the drat double fumble had me melting down the hardest.

GG.

Yea you had at least 2 pick sixes that were just dropped. And Wilson not being able to hold onto the ball didn't help things.

But I totally felt both 4th down attempts were fair. The first was what a 4th and 3 and in that weird range where you can punt or FG, and I cant hit a FG for poo poo. I didn't see myself getting 3. The second was a 4th and inches around the... 50 or so when I'm trying to run down the clock. Cost/benefit wise it just made way more sense to attempt to convert to keep running the clock instead of punting it 30 yards.

The more hosed up thing I did was call too many screens, and I do feel bad about that.

edit: I wont chew clock before 4th quarter anymore, and I'm sorry for that.

edit2: jesus christ that double fumble was insane what the gently caress.

Macaroni Surprise fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Sep 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dralun
May 22, 2012

davecrazy posted:

In the NFL, the kickers don't have to deal with lag on the third button press.

• Locked thread