Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

This has been confirmed to me by third-party sources. Apparently Chris deliberately didn't respond, but instead invited Kotaku UK over for an interview AFTER GamesCom. Which means he deliberately didn't want the story out before the show. They raised $4 million. I have no reason to believe that they would have raised that much money if these articles were already out in the wild.

But as much as it pains me to say this, I don't see how any publication could turn down the chance to interview mush-mouth himself. Especially for such as hot story that he clearly didn't get the context of.

Well this definitely isn't helping them much before CitizenCON.

EDIT: Sexy cat

D1E fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Sep 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

EightAce posted:

Called it !
I said I was ill in my July blog....

Yessssssss

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TheLightPurges posted:

You have a unique opportunity here to show real fans everywhere that not all of you are braindead, fanatical, dimwits. And this is how you choose to utilize that opportunity? Weak insults a 5 year old could shrug off?

Oh wow, another mensa troll. You're a step up from Lazrin since you've left autocorrect capital letters on, but I really hope you got more material

I mean, "utilize" our "opportunity"? Come on dude, you're going nowhere with that, we're a bunch of happy idiots laughing at a failed space game, no aspirations beyond whatsoever.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TheLightPurges posted:

Do I really have to explain how the concept of time works to goons? Well maybe as they think everything should be delivered yesterday. But I sadly don't have the patience.

Haha wow there's like no chance you're an hour older than eighteen. Wheelchair, is this you?

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Haha wow there's like no chance you're an hour older than eighteen. Wheelchair, is this you?

Buddy buddy it was all a cruel hoax

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Yeah man it's forums poster kikkelviho or however you spell Finnish words. He let the curtain slip, too good to be true.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Citizen Con in 2 weeks.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Charles Get-Out posted:

Yeah man it's forums poster kikkelviho or however you spell Finnish words. He let the curtain slip, too good to be true.

I mean, I think he was just having fun.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Maw posted:

Buddy buddy it was all a cruel hoax

:negative:

Star Citizen hasn't helped a lot with anchoring me in reality, I begin to see fun where there is none

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

This, but the letters have been changed to "D. S M A R T."

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Lladre posted:

The poo poo posters in this thread who have this sunk cost fallacy of making GBS threads more posts is pretty hilarious considering they don't even see themselves as poo poo posters.
Much like Star Citizen's in general.

:justpost:

I see myself as a poo poo poster.

Good morning thread!

also Action Bronson is pretty ill

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS9oiiAGc0U

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

This, but the letters have been changed to "D. S M A R T."

Quickly, someone, do the effort

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
So how is the RSI Concern subforum? It actually seems like discussion could be had there in an honest fashion. Is it a normal subforum? Are the threads populated?

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Is that like timeshares, but for non-existant ships?

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

D1E posted:

Well this definitely isn't helping them much before CitizenCON.

EDIT: Sexy cat

Nah, ShitizenCon is for the True Faithful. This will just provide them a rallying call to lemming behind and throw money at CIG.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Charles Get-Out posted:

Some of us don't have plat :smith: can't even read the secret platinum-only messages

If you'd saved 1/4 nickel each day since you registered you'd have that plat in your hand

Richie Stardust
Mar 30, 2016

MilesK posted:

Give him a break, Derek posts from the past and loses all context by reading the thread backwards and forwards at the same time like a lunatic Merlin. These things will happen.

Got you covered, Goon buddy. We know what you meant.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Oh wow, another mensa troll. You're a step up from Lazrin since you've left autocorrect capital letters on, but I really hope you got more material

I mean, "utilize" our "opportunity"? Come on dude, you're going nowhere with that, we're a bunch of happy idiots laughing at a failed space game, no aspirations beyond whatsoever.

Well for someone to be the smartest person in the room there must be someone who is the lowest. I, and the others I'm collaborating with, think we can reach several people here in a constructive dialogue. Several people have expressed interest in playing the game when it released and I know goons have donated over 500,000 dollars to Chris's vision over the years.

Saying people are here solely to mock and strike down those taller than them is demonstrably not the case.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

TheLightPurges posted:

Well for someone to be the smartest person in the room there must be someone who is the lowest. I, and the others I'm collaborating with, think we can reach several people here in a constructive dialogue. Several people have expressed interest in playing the game when it released and I know goons have donated over 500,000 dollars to Chris's vision over the years.

Saying people are here solely to mock and strike down those taller than them is demonstrably not the case.

You blew your load too early, the joke is dead

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
Heh, the new http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/09/26/the-24-year-feud-that-has-dogged-star-citizen links to Jobbo's youtube video.
I hope the comment section stays peaceful.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

If you'd saved 1/4 nickel each day since you registered you'd have that plat in your hand

I'm really bad with budgets. If someone gave me $125 million to make a space game, I could not do it.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Madcosby posted:

So how is the RSI Concern subforum? It actually seems like discussion could be had there in an honest fashion. Is it a normal subforum? Are the threads populated?

From what I can gather it's where toxic dinks are sent to be berated by the faithful.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Propagandist posted:

You blew your load too early, the joke is dead
just because your boyfriend says that to your comically small penis doesn't mean its appropriate to just throw that out there willy nilly. Try harder to shut me down.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

From what I can gather it's where toxic dinks are sent to be berated by the faithful.

don't kink shame tia

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

TheLightPurges posted:

just because your boyfriend says that to your comically small penis doesn't mean its appropriate to just throw that out there willy nilly. Try harder to shut me down.

C- at best man, sorry for your loss :gizz:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

TheLightPurges posted:

your comically small penis
What are those comics you're reading?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

TheLightPurges posted:

Quite the contrary. We all (except MelKOR) want you to stay and post.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Can't believe I missed the sixth visitation of the Satan Page to this thread, but I'm looking forward to 6666.

Paramemetic fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Sep 26, 2016

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Quite the contrary. We all (except MelKOR) want you to stay and post.

Agreed - please stick around TheLightPurges! We lost our last retard too soon.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Charles Get-Out posted:

I'm really bad with budgets. If someone gave me $125 million to make a space game, I could not do it.

Eeeeeeexcellent.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

D1E posted:

Agreed - please stick around TheLightPurges! We lost our last retard too soon.

He's still here.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SelenicMartian posted:

What are those comics you're reading?

Why do you think Jon lives alone and unloved, with only Garfield to keep him company?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Star Citizen has now reached the tipping point where it's far more likely that someone defending it is trolling rather than serious.

We've come a long way Citizens, congratulations.

TheLightPurges, if you wish to be taken seriously I'm afraid I'm going to have to insist on you listing the ships in your fleet and answering a few other trick questions designed to separate a low effort troll from someone who truly is deluded and mentally ill like Lazrin.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Why do you think Jon lives alone and unloved, with only Garfield to keep him company?

Garfield isnt real - Jon went insane and talks to nobody.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Lladre posted:

He's still here.

I didn't want to call you out...

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

AP posted:

Star Citizen has now reached the tipping point where it's far more likely that someone defending it is trolling rather than serious.

We've come a long way Citizens, congratulations.

TheLightPurges, if you wish to be taken seriously I'm afraid I'm going to have to insist on you listing the ships in your fleet and answering a few other trick questions designed to separate a low effort troll from someone who truly is deluded and mentally ill like Lazrin Lethality.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Can you guys post some unflattering photos of Chris's face for me? I have some already but I need a good profile view, a nice smirk from head-on, a confused gaze, and a 3/4 view of him kind of looking downwards. Also, this is a long shot but if there's a picture of Chris doing this :ssh: that would save me some work. I'm too lazy to look through their Youtube and I'm hoping the guys who make the .gifs of AtV and stuff have some already saved.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Propagandist posted:

Garfield isnt real - Jon went insane and talks to nobody.

My original point stands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achamp
Oct 19, 2005
The two hhhwhat.... The two yutes your honor

TheLightPurges posted:

If you really want to know the problem with this project, "Chris's vision" is a really good place to start. The guy had a vision around the turn of this decade to retry his half-finished freelancer idea. He can't get money from any established source since he has a reputation at this point, turns to crowd funding instead.

Spends time making a fancy video for kickstarter, and raises a poo poo load of money. Fast forward almost 5 years later and look at the buggy poo poo-house cryengine mod you have to play. At this point the whole project is a complete train wreck. 124 million dollars of backer money unaccounted for (won't release any sort of accounting for a AAA game promising open-development with backer money), no deadlines, not even self-imposed deadlines for a supposedly AAA rated game.

The best part of everything is that the Star Citizen "community" has been taken on such a ride they've reached some sort of Stockholm syndrome-esque place with regard to the project. All criticism must be responded to. All critics must be deposed. How dare a comedy web forum speak badly about Chris! How dare you point out how Chris hired his wife to be the second in command while hiding it for as long as possible! How dare people point out that Chris has missed every deadline he ever tried to set for his own game development! Forget about the Morrow Tour!

• Locked thread