Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

symbolic posted:

Meanwhile, Fnatic just beat NaVi 16-3.

That's gonna happen when your top player goes 23-8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Elman posted:

I'm getting increasingly sick of Mirage cause at my rank (MG1) nobody knows how to smoke anything.

A with 1 smoke is a gamble, mid with 1 smoke is suicide and B is just a mad dash through molotovs and SCARs :negative:

A lot of other good advice was posted but don't be afraid to pressure cat from mid or connector/window from underpass. If you have a scout/AWP just go and try to pick whichever site you have a spawn for. Don't feel like you have to challenge mid every round. It gets predictable and usually splits the sites 2/2 which isn't always super useful as opposed to killing jungle/triple on A or van on B. Don't get me wrong, picks mid are amazing if your team can work it. But getting an entry onto a site is usually easier at this rank and is way more useful.

For CT just make sure you have a guy going cat calling apts or playing dark/palace and calling A. If no one is: do it yourself.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i find it really hard not to get owned from connector when pushing cat. even if i smoke it without it falling down on the stairs

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

That's probably because you're not playing at Dumpster Ranks like me.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Actually at dumpster ranks if you can get a halfway coordinated mid take on cache/mirage you've pretty much won. It's especially easy on cache, just have 3 guys out mid and 2 guys working whatever site you've chosen (or setting up for default). 60% of the time, it works every time (until they put three out mid and that's when you just take site)

The higher the rank, the better they get at holding middle though so it's only gonna carry you so far.

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Sep 25, 2016

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

dex_sda posted:

Actually at dumpster ranks if you can get a halfway coordinated mid take on cache/mirage you've pretty much won. It's especially easy on cache, just have 3 guys out mid and 2 guys working whatever site you've chosen (or setting up for default). 60% of the time, it works every time (until they put three out mid and that's when you just take site)

That's the kicker, and why you should never play Mirage without at least a 3 stack. Most dumpster rank players idea of taking mid is sitting throne with an AWP and waiting for cat to kill them.

Then blaming you for suggesting a mid hit and reverting to getting picked off ramp :downsgun:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

https://clips.twitch.tv/proleaguecsgo/SuperDogTTours

Skadoodle is back. :getin:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i wish markeloff would become a good awper again so my cobble package by him could skyrocket in price

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ArfJason posted:

i wish markeloff would become a good awper again so my cobble package by him could skyrocket in price
Your hopes may or may not be completely in vain.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ArfJason posted:

its insane how much poo poo i get for doing this one, and its hard to bust out rapid fire portuguese to explain "it allows you to check one angle at a time"

anyone past silver who doesn't immediately understand this is never going to get it anyway

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

#feelingit

Pomp posted:

anyone past silver who doesn't immediately understand this is never going to get it anyway

Eh. I had a guy chastise me a week ago for not running near cat on Mirage's B site to listen for footsteps. I thought he was full of poo poo until I realized it's REALLY useful to know if there are 3+ barreling down on you or just one guy looking to pick you off of van. I should say though that I've solo queued for ~98% of my games and I'm not used to reliable calls EVER pre-prime.

Now if the other dude on B is playing van I err to cat to either help against a mid play or listen for T's in apts. People change and adapt. It just likely doesn't happen quickly enough to benefit you.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

So I need to replace my mouse in all likelihood, so what's hot on the mouse streets right now? I like the ones that are like normal mice and not the ones that look like robot terminator mice from the year 2525 (where man is no longer alive and woman couldn't survive)

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

I'm still really happy with my Rival 300. It comes in Fade/Hyperbeast editions if you wanna ball out :3:

I'm just now noticing that I can take the name plate out of the base and 3d print my own nametag, that's pretty cool too I think I'm gonna head over to shapeways and get one printed soon. The CSGO skin mice have a "CSGO" tag

I use it with the QCK XXL mousepad

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Deathadder

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Zowie FK is the bomb

also I've rewatched the TSM-C9 game and TSM's decision making legit made me angry. Force buy every round, except when down 14-9. Force buys without utility while a dude sits on 6000$. Semphis not buying an awp with 5000$ in the bank and then force buying an awp next round while everyone else has pistols. It was the most shambolic CS I've ever seen, and I've watched my own demos before.

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Sep 26, 2016

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I second the Steelseries line, i'm using a Rival 300 Fade Edition on a Razer Goliathus. I use a Sensei RAW at work too.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Might wanna head over to the shsc thread for mouse buying here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3222963

Or Reddit.com/r/mousereview

These days I'd wager to say most of the top of the line mice have great sensors, so it's just grip comfort

brian
Sep 11, 2001

Thanks boys, the Rival 300 looks charmingly like my old intellimouse so it's already winning for me

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
Using a Rival 700 here, feels great, less filling. came from a Logitech G700, and also a Mionix Castor.

The Rival 700 is pretty awesome and has that OLED thing and some force feedback stuff to tell you when rounds start in game if you're tabbed out.

Also, you can spend 15 more bucks and get a different sensor other than optical, you can snag a laser sensor that swaps out with 4 simple screws.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

brian posted:

Thanks boys, the Rival 300 looks charmingly like my old intellimouse so it's already winning for me

Sweet

Make sure you try it at the shop first, it's all about that comfort mate

brian
Sep 11, 2001

dex_sda posted:

Sweet

Make sure you try it at the shop first, it's all about that comfort mate

Shops are web 1.0 and i'm web 5000.0 so I just bought it and i'm sure i'll adapt fine it looks very similar in shape to my current logitech thing!

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Thanks to talljoe and surc (?) for those good games last night. Was my roommates like, 6th, game so he was worried he was going to be yelled at for being bad. Considering he is Silver 3, he held his own against gn4 and mg1 players surprisingly well.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Zowie FK-1 SUPREMACY! This world is not meant to have all these other inferior, mongrel mice watering down our PC Master Race!

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Zowie mice are a pretty awesome, no bullshit product.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I really wish I got a zowie instead of a deathadder because i kind of hate mine

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Zowie FK-1 SUPREMACY! This world is not meant to have all these other inferior, mongrel mice watering down our PC Master Race!

Why would he take advice from someone who doesn't play csgo???

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Bohemian Nights posted:

The gently caress is wrong with you

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

mcvey posted:

The gently caress is wrong with you

It just feels so drat light and the mouse buttons can be pressed down from way too far back on the mouse!!!!

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
I got an FK2 after too many years of an MX510 and it's pretty great.

I went through 3 other Zowies in about a week before I settled on the FK2 though. They are all different sizes, but there's definitely one that fits right for everyone :smuggo:

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Bohemian Nights posted:

It will die eventually, I've had 3 of them from various generations just stop working.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Ozmiander posted:

Why would he take advice from someone who doesn't play csgo???

Because even when I don't play I'm still better than you?

You're move, chump. :smug:

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Because even when I don't play I'm still better than you?

You're move, chump. :smug:

Go back to your RATT albums, nerd.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
Started at the absolute lowest end of Silver 1, have now made it to Silver Elite Master. My climb has been slowed a little by adjusting from 2k DPI/1.1 to 400DPI/3.1 - I love the smoothness of the second settings, but something still feels slow and uncomfortable. (I have only ever used my wrist to play shooters due to a lifetime of cramped desks and tiny mousepads - I have a decent space now, but old habits). Has anyone else made that kind of sens adjustment and learned to play better with it? I'm still usually the top or 2nd top fragger, but I just feel awkward playing with it.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
The Philadelphia 76ers just bought the Dignitas organization lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

canoshiz posted:

I know nothing about basketball, are the 76ers good?

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

canoshiz posted:

haha good thing there's no draft to intentionally tank seasons.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

No.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

symbolic posted:

I know nothing about basketball, are the 76ers good?

From my casual following of the NBA, they're basically the worst team in the league

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

canoshiz posted:

From my casual following of the NBA, they're basically the worst team in the league

Just when I thought Danish CS couldn't disappoint me even more. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Sport orgs picking up esport ones has been a trend lately. I wonder how long until we see an esport team named after a manchester united or a broncos