Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

vyelkin posted:

They don't want to pay for fixing Flint, so they left it out of the bill. Now they think that because Democrats are the ones refusing to agree to a bill that could pass the House and Senate, it's the Democrats who appear unreasonable and will be blamed for the shutdown. Whether this is true or not, who knows.

Seems like this is the official explanation to get the party to follow along again since racism has been working so well for this this year, but I still think it's just Ted Cruz's latest petty stunt to sabotage both parties so he looks better either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

ImpAtom posted:

Well, you're clearly not very good at reading so I imagine you get confused a lot. It's okay.

I must not be, since I still haven't seen this list of good pollsters.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

You know how "Generic R/D" always polls better than the actual candidate from either side? I think Tim Kaine might actually be "Generic D"

Like if you made a Politician in some Madden White House '16 game, Tim Kaine is the result if you left all the sliders at neutral.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and i think the flint thing is one of the few issues that's pretty bipartisan.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

At least with the Hillary v Trump thing I've been able to turn my fears away with Hillary seeming generally ahead but I can't do the same with an imminent shutdown and furlough

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Endorph posted:

You would think that, but Republicans are pretty opposed to helping poor and black people.

:ninja: edit: also they are pretty opposed to passing bills of any kind.

edit^2: or governing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

You know how "Generic R/D" always polls better than the actual candidate from either side? I think Tim Kaine might actually be "Generic D"

Like if you made a Politician in some Madden White House '16 game, Tim Kaine is the result if you left all the sliders at neutral.

I refuse to believe a generic D would have those harmonica skills.

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

I've always likened him to the political equivalent of a glass of milk, but this is more accurate, I think.

Ciaphas posted:

At least with the Hillary v Trump thing I've been able to turn my fears away with Hillary seeming generally ahead but I can't do the same with an imminent shutdown and furlough

Best of luck to you if things go south :smith:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

It clearly isn't since Republicans are willing to shut down the government rather than put it in the bill.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

vyelkin posted:

It clearly isn't since Republicans are willing to shut down the government rather than put it in the bill.
Republicans seem to want to kill black people but are going about it in the most piss-ant, penny-ante way possible. So they are both murderers AND cowards.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

DICKS FOR DINNER posted:

Best of luck to you if things go south :smith:

Thanks :unsmith: I'm sure I'm not the only one in here at risk of Bad Times if things don't get resolved, though

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

ImpAtom posted:

I refuse to believe a generic D would have those harmonica skills.

Harmonica is probably the most generic democrat instrument out there. I'd say after guitar, but that guitar probably implies more about a personality

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

SSNeoman posted:

Sorry to interrupt the circular firing squad but I think Hillary is a cool person when she doesn't have to be a stonewoman politician. Does anyone know if Hillary drinks beer?

Cuz I'd have a beer with Hillary :beerpal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok2g6M4wTeg

The best part is, I'm pretty sure this was created as a negative ad.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

Harmonica is probably the most generic democrat instrument out there. I'd say after guitar, but that guitar probably implies more about a personality

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Doctor Butts posted:

They're going to blame it on the Democrats.

Look deeply and I think you will find that it's really the Democrats who are the bad ones by blocking funding for the Louisiana floods.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Here's Fahrentold's article - tl;dr he redirects money owed to him to the foundation instead.

quote:

Donald Trump’s charitable foundation has received approximately $2.3 million from companies that owed money to Trump or one of his businesses but were instructed to pay Trump’s tax-exempt foundation instead, according to people familiar with the transactions.

In cases where he diverted his own income to his foundation, tax experts said, Trump would still likely be required to pay taxes on the income. Trump has refused to release his personal tax returns. His campaign said he paid income tax on one of the donations, but did not respond to questions about the others.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
why can't somebody at the IRS just leak his returns already

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

theflyingorc posted:

People like having jobs....And like not being in jail.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

theflyingorc posted:

The Republicans would probably use this as casus belli to just destroy the IRS.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Dexo posted:

sure but I want somebody to do something personally stupid that benefits everyone else

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

Lord Hydronium posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok2g6M4wTeg

The best part is, I'm pretty sure this was created as a negative ad.
I'm more inclined to vote for someone now that I know that they can be the female equivalent of Boris Yeltsin.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

theflyingorc posted:

sure but I want somebody to do something personally stupid that benefits everyone else

Maybe you should breaking into the IRS and steal them.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
All the polls coming out today have confirmed that pollsters at this point are drunken bastards pressing random poo poo in their excel sheets because the polling is so bipolar today it's just sad. :wtc:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

theflyingorc posted:

None of them can afford a flash drive with a large enough capacity :(

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

freckle posted:

Maybe you should breaking into the IRS and steal them.

Break into the IRS? That's impossible!

........Unless

*assembles crack squad of professionals*

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Dexo posted:

It should be illegal

to not release them when running for prez

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Spiffster posted:

All the polls coming out today have confirmed that pollsters at this point are drunken bastards pressing random poo poo in their excel sheets because the polling is so bipolar today it's just sad. :wtc:

It certainly couldn't represent a high degree of uncertainty in the electorate during the lead up to the debates.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

Thanks :unsmith: I'm sure I'm not the only one in here at risk of Bad Times if things don't get resolved, though

Were you there during the last shutdown? What did people do to cope with that?

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

My hot take: Trump is the kind of guy who wouldn't remember Homer Simpson's name.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

theflyingorc posted:

Break into the IRS? That's impossible!

........Unless

*assembles crack squad of professionals*

Just call Scientology up, sure they can tell you how to do that properly.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

canepazzo posted:

Here's Fahrentold's article - tl;dr he redirects money owed to him to the foundation instead.

I said it in C-SPam, but I think its still a reasonable thing to say, given how facts don't loving matter this year.

This is sleezy as poo poo and likely illegal, but could easily have good optics to low info voters. "Oh, he declined to be paid himself, and instead told them to just donate the money to charity instead. What an angel"

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Just saw the sponsored Trump filter on Snapchat.:lol:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
I really wish the "Trump uses his foundation as a slush fund" stuff would have gotten traction before the same was said, but lies, about Clinton.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Mandator posted:

My hot take: Trump is the kind of guy who wouldn't remember Homer Simpson's name.

agreed, he probably is suffering from the early stages of dementia

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Mandator posted:

I think Monty Burns would be a more qualified and humane POTUS than Trump.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
That Fahrenthold thing is up

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...83336&tid=ss_tw

TL;DR the Trump Foundation is a tax-dodging slush fund - he has people who own him money give money to the Foundation, and then uses it for his personal benefit.

Illegal as gently caress, and it won't matter.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Deified Data posted:

What's everyone doing tonight to keep their minds off the debates?

Taking colonoscopy prep laxatives and watching debates.

Will my poo poo turn clear before Trump's poo poo is clear? Only time will tell!

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Yvonmukluk posted:

I think Monty Burns would be a more qualified and humane POTUS than Trump.

Only a moron wouldn't cast his vote for Monty Burns!

Also relevant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLSy8Tl2bjs

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

This is awful. Full stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

This is awful. Full stop.

Agreed. It's impossible not to sound like a precious whining nerd, but Good Childhood Show becoming Bad Show makes me a little :smith:

• Locked thread