Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Seriously round face can eat poo poo. It's a devalued relic of time.

:ducksiren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators

Taima posted:

But ultimately these people have no concept of a tech item also being a fashion accessory. So they fail to see the true value. The only reason I even have an Apple Watch was a friend of mine sold me his because he literally has no concept of what it is to dress nice, take pride in your appearance, etc. so to him, the watch is a useless item. To me, it's become an indispensable part of my wardrobe and I have like 8 different bands that I coordinate with my clothes. So my internal calculus of the Watch's value is very different than his.

Sounds like you need a Speedy.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Biodome posted:

Who wants a round face? The square face is perfect for what the watch is used for.
It's a common complaint I see in reviews, if there is one about the design.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
I would actually argue that square/rectangle is an antiquated view we hold onto for comps/tech type stuff.

Gimmie that clamshell phone from it follows.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I picked up a stainless S2 today (with the brown classic buckle - not my first choice, but it's all they had in stainless), and the screen has a slightly visible ridge around it that my aluminum S0 doesn't. It doesn't show up in official photos, but some press shots of the Edition edition show a similar thing:

You can definitely feel it running your fingernail down the curve but not the fingertip. Is this on the aluminum S2's or is it something to do with the sapphire screen?

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
Nope. My aluminum S2 screen is seamless.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
My stainless S2 has a fingernailable ridge.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...
I heard about that ridge, anyone have any close ups? I've got an SS S0 and I'm thinking about an SBSS S2 but the one picture I saw of that ridge made it look kind of... not good.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

rage-saq posted:

I heard about that ridge, anyone have any close ups? I've got an SS S0 and I'm thinking about an SBSS S2 but the one picture I saw of that ridge made it look kind of... not good.

I didn't know it existed until now.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Interesting. Must be something to do with the sapphire then.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

It's a nonissue it's not noticeable at all.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

rage-saq posted:

E: #RIDGEGATE

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Sep 26, 2016

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
Stupid question but, I think I understand that the S2 is the latest watch, but what are the S0 and S1? How would I figure out if the watch I have (a 42mm Sport) is S0 or S1?

Also - is anyone else experiencing weirdness with albums? I changed the photo album to sync on the app on my iPhone, but it doesn't change the watch face album that is being displayed in the 'photo album' watchface. But it does change the photos available to pick for a single photo watch face.

Kailtor
Jun 7, 2005

fucking kailtor

Ask me about my lifetime subscription

:ughh: :ughh:

porktree posted:

Stupid question but, I think I understand that the S2 is the latest watch, but what are the S0 and S1? How would I figure out if the watch I have (a 42mm Sport) is S0 or S1?

Also - is anyone else experiencing weirdness with albums? I changed the photo album to sync on the app on my iPhone, but it doesn't change the watch face album that is being displayed in the 'photo album' watchface. But it does change the photos available to pick for a single photo watch face.

S0: original watch
S1: new watch, new processor
S2: new watch, new processor, waterproof to 50m, gps

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

porktree posted:

"Series 0" is an unofficial name for the original watch.

Series 1 is the official name for the lower-tier watch just released last month. Basically the original but updated with a faster processor. A Series 1 will be marked as such on the back of the watch.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

eddiewalker posted:

"Series 0" is an unofficial name for the original watch.

Series 1 is the official name for the lower-tier watch just released last month. Basically the original but updated with a faster processor. A Series 1 will be marked as such on the back of the watch.

Ok, thanks -this makes sense.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kailtor posted:

S0: original watch
S1: new watch, new processor
S2: new watch, new processor, waterproof to 50m, gps

S2 also has a brighter screen.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The S2 (and I imagine S1) is noticeably waaaay faster than the S0. drat

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Apple Watch MacBook Pro Retina unlock status update: just did it, feels good.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

One thing I don't like with WatchOS3 is that its not as easy to dismiss the notifications when they pop up. You have to scroll a bit for the dismiss button to pop up.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

MarcusSA posted:

One thing I don't like with WatchOS3 is that its not as easy to dismiss the notifications when they pop up. You have to scroll a bit for the dismiss button to pop up.

Force touch and clear all appears

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bum the Sad posted:

Force touch and clear all appears

Does it clear all of them off the phone as well? I assume so.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Seems that Apple opened the spigot on the supply chain a little. BestBuy orders reported shipping, my watch ordered from Apple on the 22nd has shipped. Looks like the scarcity is slowly going.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

...I'm not sure I ever noticed there was a dismiss button. I think I've always just swiped down.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
So one thing I've noticed since 3.0 came out is my activity monitoring has gone insane. With 2.0 on days I don't exercise, the rings would usually fill up pretty equally. Since 3.0, I've noticed some days that my calorie monitor or workout monitor will randomly jump up super fast at certain points of the day. I sit at a desk roughly 8 hours a day, but I've definitely seen the rings fill up pretty quickly when I've been stationary. Did they change the way activity monitor works?

The only thing I can think of is I actually have a bit of an anxiety disorder and my heart rate can get pretty high when I'm busy. Does it only base exercise on HR or does it include movement as well?

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

robodex posted:

So one thing I've noticed since 3.0 came out is my activity monitoring has gone insane. With 2.0 on days I don't exercise, the rings would usually fill up pretty equally. Since 3.0, I've noticed some days that my calorie monitor or workout monitor will randomly jump up super fast at certain points of the day. I sit at a desk roughly 8 hours a day, but I've definitely seen the rings fill up pretty quickly when I've been stationary. Did they change the way activity monitor works?

The only thing I can think of is I actually have a bit of an anxiety disorder and my heart rate can get pretty high when I'm busy. Does it only base exercise on HR or does it include movement as well?

I think it's a combination. I have atrial fibrillation and it contributes to me looking like I'm exercising sometimes when I'm pretty stationary. That said, the calorie meter doesn't seem to full during those episodes. I don't go into it often, but when I have this is what I've noticed.

Endless Mike posted:

The S2 (and I imagine S1) is noticeably waaaay faster than the S0. drat

This. So glad I took the S0 back last weekend and got an S1.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Also battery life seems way better. Currently at 63% when my S0 would be around 25% in the same period of time!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
You guys are really making me think about upgrading.

I was going to learn to swim too...

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Just sold my pebbles for black stainless hope I did ok

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I think it'd be fairly easy for me to get $150 for my S0, so I think I may splurge on an S2 once I get $250 in expendable funds.

Maybe.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

LODGE NORTH posted:

I think it'd be fairly easy for me to get $150 for my S0, so I think I may splurge on an S2 once I get $250 in expendable funds.

Maybe.

It would be worth it for the processor alone.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

LODGE NORTH posted:

Maybe.

I just bought an s0 for $150 and I think I got a really good deal so... yeah you'd probably be able to get that.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I got my s1 for 150$ thanks epp :]

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

rear end Catchcum posted:

Just sold my pebbles for black stainless hope I did ok
I think I prefer the Pebble's UI as a whole to the Apple Watch, and of course sleeping tracking is way more feasible on the Pebble. After a week on the Watch I'm already giving up on sleep tracking when just plopping just watch on its charging every night is easier than having to remember to charge in the morning/afternoon. I'll miss the silent alarm though.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I got my s1 for 150$ thanks epp :]

I want an S1 for $150... What's pep?

Edit: pep. No, epp. I know what pep pep is autocorrect it's dad

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

enojy posted:

I want an S1 for $150... What's pep?

Edit: pep. No, epp. I know what pep pep is autocorrect it's dad

Employee purchase plan maybe? I work for another tech company and we have one with apple, but it's nowhere near that level of discount on the s1.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
Yeah my company's EPP was worth a whopping $8 toward an S2.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Is activity sharing not working for anyone else? My partner can share with a work colleague but with me the invitation just stays pending with the spiny circle forever.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

We rolled out ApplePay here so work will expense mine. Go me, I guess.

I still went with the cheap one, go figure. Should have gone for ceramic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Should have at least gotten stainless.

• Locked thread