Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
View Results

• Locked thread
passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
frank luntz still has job
https://twitter.com/FrankLuntz/status/780589729544667136

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lastgirl posted:

I literally

am trying to process what the gently caress happened and I can't because im like 3 beers in and a half bottle of whiskey

I thought you passed out lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this was like a fever dream

its all I could even want

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Trump Twitter is gonna be insaaaaaaaaaaane tonight

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Grey Fox posted:

what the gently caress Brokaw, black on black crime?

just heard this one, hoo boy

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

I literally

am trying to process what the gently caress happened and I can't because im like 3 beers in and a half bottle of whiskey

it ain't any easier sober, trust me

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Atoramos posted:

Drudge poll at 15:1 Trump won

oh word a drudge poll ???

oh word a drudge poll??

bitch I dont care to hear from pathetic corncob men

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

The Saurus posted:

What an utterly facile, meaningless debate.

Almost no actual policy proposals put forth on what shape America is going to take under their leadership.

Just some back and forth bickering about tax returns and email management and other nonsense. Even when policy was mentioned it was so brief and simplistic that there was basically no way to garner any information about what was going to result from it.

No questions about income inequality, massive government subsidies to corporations, the fact both candidates have taken massive donations from special interests groups or the fact that American foreign policy is constantly creating extremism and worsening the situation around the globe?

We're all doomed.

do you read your own posts

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

GamingHyena posted:

ABC calls the first 45 minutes the most substantive Donald Trump we've ever seen. Which I guess is either pandering or an extremely backhanded complement.

It's true insofar that he had energy for 45 minutes, then after that he just stood around like an exhausted old man

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
"It's a horserace! Keep watching our coverage and commercials for more details!"

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Trump's twitter is going to be great tonight.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Homer J. Fong posted:

David Brooks on PBS saying Donald Trump won the first half hour of the debate

Yeah wtf. They were talking about how she called him Donald. Jfc

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

rudatron posted:

pressed the wrong button!

if I lose, it'll be because of illegals

I have no clue what he's talking about, and I chug Politico harder than I chug beer.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Lastgirl posted:

I literally

:hf:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
shockingly, bloomberg doesn't like trump's performance

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Matthews: a shutout, embarrassing for Trump

indeed

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

These pundits trying really, really hard to cite Trump's pugilistic nature as a positive

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

"It would be incorrect to say that everyone else saw what we saw."

wrap it up, journalism is still dead

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

lamentable dustman posted:

I don't think he ever mentioned the wall
Yeah, he didn't. I had it all prepped for the bingo call and got cockblocked, so i didn't bother editing the image.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
The most fascinating facet about this debate is that for all his "coming up with zingers over cheeseburgers" debate prep, Trump didn't have anything beyond "superpredators" the tired old "emails", "you founded ISIS" etc. :sad:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

token msnbc republican

HILLDOG HAD STAMINA

TRUMP RAN OUT OF GAS

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

I feel like I need to take a loving shower

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
the pizza blunted the beer

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

The Saurus posted:

Almost no actual policy proposals put forth on what shape America is going to take under their leadership.

Just some back and forth bickering about tax returns and email management and other nonsense. Even when policy was mentioned it was so brief and simplistic that there was basically no way to garner any information about what was going to result from it.

No questions about income inequality, massive government subsidies to corporations, the fact both candidates have taken massive donations from special interests groups or the fact that American foreign policy is constantly creating extremism and worsening the situation around the globe?

We're all doomed.

lmao there were plenty of policy proposals on one side of the table

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Hillary won.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Trump got off to a pretty good start...then he ran into trouble on two issues. Birther, and tax says Hume, no quote on Fox News.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
one of the most shocking things was his team deleted his global warming tweet mid debate

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Shageletic posted:

what was what it

David Brookes said that Trump was winning the first half hour, and some other gal said no one won. Absolute bullshit.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Who has a good place for post debate analysis?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

turtle_07
Jun 13, 2003

Hear, hear!
NBC is so bad. I cannot imagine what Fox is doing now.

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.
Guy on PBS: Trump was doing well first half hour.

Were they watching the same debate?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Shageletic posted:

what was what it

one analyst said clinton failed to provide a vision for the country

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

The Saurus posted:

No questions about income inequality, massive government subsidies to corporations, the fact both candidates have taken massive donations from special interests groups or that American foreign policy is constantly creating extremism and worsening the situation around the globe?

There wasn't even a mention of supreme court nominations ffs

We're all doomed

have you never watched a presidential debate before or what

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Yo ZDR, who wins the The Cyber sweepstakes

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Chuck Todd: "Clinton was over-prepared". LOL.

The media DESPERATELY want to spin this as a tie and they have nothing.

yeah that made me double take too, what a bunch of nonsense

"this person prepared for the job interview for literally the most important job in the world" is not a legitimate criticism

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

The Saurus posted:

No questions about income inequality, massive government subsidies to corporations, the fact both candidates have taken massive donations from special interests groups or that American foreign policy is constantly creating extremism and worsening the situation around the globe?

There wasn't even a mention of supreme court nominations ffs

We're all doomed

you know you can visit their sites for policy, right?

nobody can tell their policy in 2 minutes, nobody

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
that wsd fun nice meltdown djt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

CNN: Trump did well in first 20 but from that point on, she won. He bit every bait thrown at him.

• Locked thread