Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Ostentatious posted:

bryan alvarez thought that TJ Perkins' "max health" was a sponsor

jesus christ bryan

the nerve of this 40 year old guy who hasn't played a video game since the nes

AMReese posted:

That, and Vinnie taking time out to point out Roman's smile after getting the US Championship handed to him. Is he gay for Roman? That would explain him being such a mark for him.

uh

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Sep 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Nobody's gay for Roman :smith:

I was saying boooooo-lieve in the shield...

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Someone should have tried to convince Bryan that TJ Perkins' theme was a reference to Mighty Bomb Jack.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.

Cardboard Box posted:

the nerve of this 40 year old guy who hasn't played a video game since the nes

MIGHTY. BOMB. JACK.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I just made a sweet song - what is the email address for songs to get onto B&V~!?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

I just made a sweet song - what is the email address for songs to get onto B&V~!?

just send it to bryan at wrestlingobserver.com with the word "song" in the subject line

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Sempervive/status/780590083426529280

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

No one wants to hear "blah blah blah let the free market decide" over and over.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
big dave HAS NOT kept up with Ashton Kutcher.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Endless Mike posted:

No one wants to hear "blah blah blah let the free market decide" over and over.

I bet some people would have liked to hear a vision of foreign policy that wasn't entirely focused on killing tons of people

nah just kidding, Clinton and Trump are the two most beloved and popular candidates ever and we're blessed to have them

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Danny LaFever posted:

That's something Cole said in the PPV. I remember people in the thread wondering if Cole just invents names for things.

That's been the name of their finish since the beginning.

And Bryan was joking about wanting a package for Hispanic Heritage for himself, but he has a point that it's odd that WWE would pass over a lot of big time Hispanic wrestling stars in favour of a baseball player, no matter how huge. Hell, I don't think they did Jackie Robinson during Black History month, because they focused on wrestlers or people involved with wrestling.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Birthday Cake posted:

MIGHTY. BOMB. JACK.

I tried to get Bryan to watch the GCX on this but he didn't answer.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I bet some people would have liked to hear a vision of foreign policy that wasn't entirely focused on killing tons of people

nah just kidding, Clinton and Trump are the two most beloved and popular candidates ever and we're blessed to have them

It doesn't count if you don't bomb people because you can't find them on a map

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

That's been the name of their finish since the beginning.

And Bryan was joking about wanting a package for Hispanic Heritage for himself, but he has a point that it's odd that WWE would pass over a lot of big time Hispanic wrestling stars in favour of a baseball player, no matter how huge. Hell, I don't think they did Jackie Robinson during Black History month, because they focused on wrestlers or people involved with wrestling.

If a wrestler wasn't in WWE or in their Hall of Fame, they don't exist.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Unless you count the CWC, where most of them were neither

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

big dave HAS NOT kept up with Ashton Kutcher.

Too busy realizing,"Holy crap I'm watching a bunch of homeless people!"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

fyi

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/780891813301268480

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Reddit needs to work on their vetting process before allowing people to do an AMA.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

The jig is up, rovert!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Idk, the kid posted some pretty compelling proof

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

https://twitter.com/GreggoDeCarlo/status/780895685948370944

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s_LZgeqXAc

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Bruce Prichard's podcast has some interesting nuggets here and there if you can sift through the Meltzer whining and WWF-apologist nature of Bruce.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I liked this one myself, though I was disappointed that Manflurry didn't post it first
https://twitter.com/MessiahofMemes/status/780892186388815872

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I want WWE to buy TNA and put all of the Asylum era on the Network so Bryan and Vinny can go through it week by week.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
This deserves so much more attention.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Dario the Wop posted:

This deserves so much more attention.

I saw it this morning, it's way better than I expected

Bryan should probably save it for his funeral or something

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wait so can just anybody do an AMA whenever they feel like it? I assumed they were actually organized by whatever the hell Reddit's organization is :confused:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Wait so can just anybody do an AMA whenever they feel like it? I assumed they were actually organized by whatever the hell Reddit's organization is :confused:

They used to be supes well organized. I know they fired somebody crucial to that a while back (during an AMA, no less), not sure if internet outrage~! got her the job back or not, though.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

They used to be supes well organized. I know they fired somebody crucial to that a while back (during an AMA, no less), not sure if internet outrage~! got her the job back or not, though.

That was Victoria. And no, it didn't. She was supposedly pretty great at organising and transcribing AMAs (Regardless of what you might think of Reddit, the AMA format is great when you have people who are game for it) but they canned her so whatever back office management they had could deal with it themselves. As a result they've largely gone downhill and whoever does the transcribing has been terrible in the past.

Saying that, it should be up to the Mods to take care of that stuff. They literally just had Flair do an AMA. The user is supposed to provide proof that they are who they say they are.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah the mod probably hosed up and didn't verify fully. Victoria didn't get her job back, but the internet rage did give her a real nice job offer from someone else though.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I don't even know why they would want to have an AMA from his son and note Dave himself, anyway. Shouldn't there be some baseline as to who you would actually care enough to listen from?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'd rather listen to insight from L'il Dave than Lance Storm

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I would also assume that this was on Squared Circle like most of the other wrestling AMA's I've seen so all it required was convincing a mod there.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

You would still think the mod would background check. They did just have Ellsworth and Flair AMAs that were verified

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
How hard would the background check even be? "Video call us to confirm that it's you." You'd think we'd have heard earlier on the Observer about Dave's son being called by "weird websites" or something.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
"Do you get a bed or do you sleep on old newsletters?"

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

AMReese posted:

I don't even know why they would want to have an AMA from his son and note Dave himself, anyway. Shouldn't there be some baseline as to who you would actually care enough to listen from?

Anyone can make an AMA on Reddit. Most of the ones on the AMA subreddit are completely mundane stuff.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

just ate some potato soup, ama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008