Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
View Results

• Locked thread
jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

it was pretty wild how clinton went through a whole speech about "what is donald hiding in his tax returns" and donald didn't bring up her wall street speeches because he was too busy doing rails off his podium lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
The debate broke the Internet. As in so much streaming that my lovely ISP broke 45 minutes in.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Trump explained the Ms. Piggy comment, so it's all good now.

https://twitter.com/alexburnsNYT/status/780726367860195328

RandomPauI has issued a correction as of 13:17 on Sep 27, 2016

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I was pretty drunk for that but I'm pretty sure it was a savage shithousing

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

paranoid randroid posted:

I was pretty drunk for that but I'm pretty sure it was a savage shithousing

I just feel comforted that if I can stay as drunk as I was last night for the next 4-8 years I might make it through it all

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

jarofpiss posted:

it was pretty wild how clinton went through a whole speech about "what is donald hiding in his tax returns" and donald didn't bring up her wall street speeches because he was too busy doing rails off his podium lol

There so many salvos that Trump launched and then completely went off rails 10 seconds into talking. It was bonkers how many missed opportunities. And now his ammunition is all used up because if he brings it up again in the next debate Hillary can call him out on how he's already said that.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

RandomPauI posted:

ffs.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Flambeau posted:

I know Trump got slaughtered last night because my google News feed this morning has barely a peep about it

I read that the candidates traded jabs last night

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

RandomPauI posted:

already an article too:

Trump doubles down: Former Miss Universe 'gained a massive amount of weight'

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/297973-trump-doubles-down-on-former-miss-universe-she-gained-a

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Drunkboxer posted:

I read that the candidates traded jabs last night

They traded Jeb!s last night. Trump had a rare one.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
I'm really surprised there isn't videos everywhere of Trumps "Nothing. I say nothing" response to the question of racial reconciliation. That's so much worse than the 47% comment and he basically shouted it into the mic.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

https://twitter.com/gdebenedetti/status/780720087464546304

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

TheQuietWilds posted:

I'm really surprised there isn't videos everywhere of Trumps "Nothing. I say nothing" response to the question of racial reconciliation. That's so much worse than the 47% comment and he basically shouted it into the mic.

too much other crazy

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

neither candidate can be called a winner, although you amateur drunks are definitely the losers

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

DJ BK posted:

neither candidate can be called a winner, although you amateur drunks are definitely the losers

A hot take.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Atoramos posted:

How the hell did Trump manage to go through a cyber question and talk about his son, but not Hillary's e-mails?
He's so just proud of Barron. He's so smart, believe him, he's turning out great. Of course he got great genes, just the best.

Seriously though, that didn't even occur to me as it happened. He probably felt he had to match Hillary's shoutout to her granddaughter in some way and because being (appearing to be) better than anyone else trumps (pun intended) bringing up such unimportant things like bringing up the emails.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

DJ BK posted:

Clinton overwhelmingly won that debate, and she's infinitely more qualified for the job.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Let's see

B1, Maybe I1, I2, N2, G2, probably O3, but I didn't listen explicitly, N4, Probably O4, but my whole bottom row is a wash. Terrible Bingoing from me

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

drat looks like Trump's hispanic outreach is working!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

The Ninth Layer posted:

TRUMP: I would love to respond. First of all, I got to watch in preparing for this some of your debates against Barack Obama. You treated him with terrible disrespect. And I watched the way you talk now about how lovely everything is and how wonderful you are. It doesn't work that way. You were after him, you were trying to -- you even sent out or your campaign sent out pictures of him in a certain garb, very famous pictures. I don't think you can deny that.

But just last week, your campaign manager said it was true. So when you tried to act holier than thou, it really doesn't work. It really doesn't.

Now, as far as the lawsuit, yes, when I was very young, I went into my father's company, had a real estate company in Brooklyn and Queens, and we, along with many, many other companies throughout the country -- it was a federal lawsuit -- were sued. We settled the suit with zero -- with no admission of guilt. It was very easy to do.

I notice you bring that up a lot. And, you know, I also notice the very nasty commercials that you do on me in so many different ways, which I don't do on you. Maybe I'm trying to save the money.

But, frankly, I look -- I look at that, and I say, isn't that amazing? Because I settled that lawsuit with no admission of guilt, but that was a lawsuit brought against many real estate firms, and it's just one of those things.

I'll go one step further. In Palm Beach, Florida, tough community, a brilliant community, a wealthy community, probably the wealthiest community there is in the world, I opened a club, and really got great credit for it. No discrimination against African- Americans, against Muslims, against anybody. And it's a tremendously successful club. And I'm so glad I did it. And I have been given great credit for what I did. And I'm very, very proud of it. And that's the way I feel. That is the true way I feel.

Holt: Sir, I just asked you whether you'd like to upgrade to large for ten cents more.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Hillarys open was stiff but beyond that she did really well

Next debate they're both bringing "the big guns" :twisted:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
The next debate being a town hall should benefit Trump. He'll profit from an audience that is allowed to be more lively and he can play off.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

frankenfreak posted:

The next debate being a town hall should benefit Trump. He'll profit from an audience that is allowed to be more lively and he can play off.

I always hated the town halls. They always got the absolute worst people to ask the dumbest questions. I'm looking more forward to the 3rd debate instead.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

frankenfreak posted:

Seriously though, that didn't even occur to me as it happened. He probably felt he had to match Hillary's shoutout to her granddaughter in some way and because being (appearing to be) better than anyone else trumps (pun intended) bringing up such unimportant things like bringing up the emails.

To me, last night was Trump's night to discuss the 'Deplorables' comment. I was looking forward to it, because I wanted Clinton to turn it around and ask something like "Are the 51% of your supporters that want a constitutional ban on homosexual marriage not deplorable?".

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

fart blood posted:

I always hated the town halls. They always got the absolute worst people to ask the dumbest questions. I'm looking more forward to the 3rd debate instead.
They produce memorable moments, though. "That one" and "Proceed, Governor" both happened at town hall debates.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Do you even look at millenial polls? She's losing a lot to Gary Johnson (lol) and Jill Stein. Taking Bernie supporters for granted was a giant mistake.

Thanks for calling in. This next tweet is from "baloogan" from the "Something Awful" forums, who writes, "peckerwood"

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Isn't Cooper the mod of the next presidential debate?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Rosie odonnell nobody feels bad for her in fact she deserves it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
tbh I can't actually think of anyone who likes Rosie O'Donnell

then again I can't actually think of any reason Rosie O'Donnell is relevant to anything whatsoever in TYOOL 2016 either so it isn't like it matters

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
anyway Trump's still wrong because there's so many better ways to insult Rosie O'Donnell than calling her fat

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

pathetic little tramp posted:

Let's see

B1, Maybe I1, I2, N2, G2, probably O3, but I didn't listen explicitly, N4, Probably O4, but my whole bottom row is a wash. Terrible Bingoing from me

I just needed the never Trump movement and and Bill's infidelities.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Harold Stassen posted:

Rosie odonnell nobody feels bad for her in fact she deserves it

Trump got a mysterious text around 2am "looks like the worm has turned bitch -r"

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

anyway Trump's still wrong because there's so many better ways to insult Rosie O'Donnell than calling her fat

if the old d&d banner ads are true, she should be mocked for using a happyelf-based hygeine product

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

They traded Jeb!s last night. Trump had a rare one.

i have an extra holo-foil "jeb is visibly disgusted at being touched by poors", willing to trade for a "jeb marches like a saturday morning cartoon" in mint conidition

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

frankenfreak posted:

You forget that the audience will not be all friendly to Trump. He thrives on the crowd eating up his poo poo, if there's enough people that don't he'll get flustered.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Atoramos posted:

I wanted Clinton to turn it around and ask something like "Are the 51% of your supporters that want a constitutional ban on homosexual marriage not deplorable?".

And this is why she's a pro politician and we aren't.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ouhei posted:

You forget that the audience will not be all friendly to Trump. He thrives on the crowd eating up his poo poo, if there's enough people that don't he'll get flustered.

Its not gonna go good for either i bet. Heres what their questions will be like:

Clinton: benghazi emails benghazi? Clinton foundation transcripts.

Trump: why are you such and awful stupid piece of poo poo?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Ouhei posted:

Yeah it's another university campus so the bet is the mix will look like the audience last night.

Al! posted:

Its not gonna go good for either i bet. Heres what their questions will be like:

Clinton: benghazi emails benghazi? Clinton foundation transcripts.

Trump: why are you such and awful stupid piece of poo poo?

Questions will be vetted and then asked via moderator card I think? But if somebody actually stands up to ask about Benghazi the audience will probably strangle him and/or key his car.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

frankenfreak posted:

They produce memorable moments, though. "That one" and "Proceed, Governor" both happened at town hall debates.

Third debate of '08 that wasn't a town hall had a good one:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I was a little surprised that immigration wasn't so much as mentioned til Trump couldn't help shouting 800 PEOPLE WE WERE DEPORTING GOT MADE CITIZENS BY A CLERICAL ERROR AND MAYBE IT WAS ACTUALLY 1800 during a completely unrelated question.

• Locked thread