Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

MF_James posted:

Yeah gonna give this a shot soon, thanks for the info!

It's a big difference in shape over the entire-hand-resting g400s, but over the course of a few days my hand relaxed and I got used to it, definitely for the better.

Garfu fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Apr 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Garfu posted:

It was disclosed before captains were picked and I was picked first. Just a bad mix I guess

I was joking but i was also afk during all of that stuff and i had music on so i couldnt really hear anything anyone said all game.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Garfu posted:

Coming from an MX510 which is the exact same shape as the G500s (I have one of those too), I tried the EC1-A, FK1, and ZA11.
I use a g500s on my work laptop when I'm home - it's sitting next to me right now - and I can't imagine going back to that type of mouse for CS or other aim intensive games.

Joining in on mousechat because the mouse thread is great, but people take things besides CSGO into account. I went from MX500 to MX518 to G500s, and am considering getting a new mouse. I was looking at the 900s because I love love love the concept of a wireless mouse that apparently has good enough latency to work competitively, but am interested to hear that you wouldn't go back to that style. Is it the shape/size, the weight, the cord, or some combination that you like better for CS? I have large hands with long spindly fingers, so it might be a difference that wouldn't matter for me.

Ixtlilton posted:

I have a microphone I will send in the mail to a goon free of charge with a promise it will be used. It's kinda loud though, so you might have to mess with the settings or something and figure out how to save them.
Some goon is going to spend the next month wondering why everybody constantly yells at them to shut up when they get on the mic until somebody tells them it's just spewing insanely loud static.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

surc posted:

Joining in on mousechat because the mouse thread is great, but people take things besides CSGO into account. I went from MX500 to MX518 to G500s, and am considering getting a new mouse. I was looking at the 900s because I love love love the concept of a wireless mouse that apparently has good enough latency to work competitively, but am interested to hear that you wouldn't go back to that style. Is it the shape/size, the weight, the cord, or some combination that you like better for CS? I have large hands with long spindly fingers, so it might be a difference that wouldn't matter for me.

I used the same MX510 for 13 years. It lasted through my pro cs and ns2 careers. I have a friend that's a mouse enthusiast that has tried pretty much every mouse on the market, and as another high level fps player, he suggested to try a different type of mouse that offers more control that was made for gaming (int hat it has all of the qualities in my previous longer post). I'd suggest trying the ZA11 as that has a more bulbous palm area kind of like the MX/Gs, but dips down more in front. That's also the largest one they make so it is likely to fit you better.

I just like the shape, weight, and glidey-ness of the FK2, but I don't think that would fit you. Maybe the FK1 would be big enough but idunno.

For reference the ZA11 and FK1 are both 128mm long, the MX/Gs are 127

The one I use (FK2) is 124

PS all of the fluff at the beginning was to demonstrate how you can do a lot with one mouse but still be able to change and perform at a high or even higher level. I definitely think moving away from the MX style has improved my aim

Did I mention I really liked my old MX510?
https://zippy.gfycat.com/DirtyThriftyEmperorpenguin.webm
Interview about my mouse at ESL studios in Cologne

Garfu fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Apr 2, 2017

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I hear you don't really need a mic, radio commands work just as well

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Famethrowa posted:

Also something something minimap.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I miss my G9x. They don't have a replacement product for it anymore... I got logitech to replace my failed G9x, and they sent me a G502.

I've gotten used to it, but i still preferred the G9x.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

I really like my MX510 but it's dying so that's why I asked originally, it's been a good friend, rip mexico quinientos diez

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Thanks, this was pretty much exactly the type of analysis I was hoping for :)

Famethrowa posted:

It's true.

Professional Casual-Player @ CT-Spawn: Cheer!
Professional Casual-Player @ CT-Spawn: Cheer!
Professional Casual-Player @ CT Stairs: Cheer!
Professional Casual-Player @ Bombsite A: Cheer!
Professional Casual-Player @ Palace: Cheer!

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
on cache, the ct side thanks command plays the exact same sound clip every time. people will come to find this obnoxious if you are especially grateful for their advice

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Apogee15 posted:

I miss my G9x. They don't have a replacement product for it anymore... I got logitech to replace my failed G9x, and they sent me a G502.

I've gotten used to it, but i still preferred the G9x.

This, absolutely. It was perfect, I'm sad they just got rid of it but never came up with another good claw grip mouse :negative:

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
I just ordered a ec1a thanks to you idiots. I had a mionix maps I liked and I'm currently using a g502 that's OK, I just wish it was bigger. I'm gonna miss the buttons next to left click, I had some voice volume commands there I used a lot.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

This is the mic I own so if you've heard me talk in goonmans hopefully I don't have a lot of background noise

stump collector
May 28, 2007

I have this and its really good unless i knock it on the floor

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Dazed is a meme machine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRjICaekMdc
cya at b

WhatDo
Nov 22, 2012

Apogee15 posted:

I miss my G9x.

I thought I was the only one. They really need to make a successor to it.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I just saw that they remake Nuke. It looks gorgeous, but how does it play? Does the removal of the vents hurt it at all?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Grapplejack posted:

I just saw that they remake Nuke. It looks gorgeous, but how does it play? Does the removal of the vents hurt it at all?

There is still one vent that follows the original layout by squeaky. I like the change.

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

Just ordered a Zowie mouse, thanks for the motivating posts. (you don't want to know what I've been using up until now)

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Dig just beat Godsent 16-3 on Cobble, probably about to do it again on Mirage :munch:

https://www.twitch.tv/epicenter_en1

They're so bad it's incredible

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
my genius netscroll 120 was reliable as all hell but when its left click died i finally took the plunge and replaced it by a genius netscroll 120 and i've never looked back

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

I LIKE TO SMOKE WEE posted:

Dig just beat Godsent 16-3 on Cobble, probably about to do it again on Mirage :munch:

it is possible that my boy flusha's skills were owned by the fnatic organization and that someone in the new lineup has now taken over that particular .dll

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Bohemian Nights posted:

it is possible that my boy flusha's skills were owned by the fnatic organization and that someone in the new lineup has now taken over that particular .dll

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Dynamically Linked Losers :rip:

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

WhatDo posted:

I thought I was the only one. They really need to make a successor to it.
I love this mouse so much, after a bunch of trial and errors I settled on the logitech g303.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Grapplejack posted:

IT'S A poo poo MAP AND IT SUCKS AND SOUND IS MEANINGLESS

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
the only thing more worthless than using a mic in cs is actually playing with the sound turned on

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Pomp posted:

IT'S A poo poo MAP AND IT SUCKS AND SOUND IS MEANINGLESS

the new Nuke is good and it's easy to tell where people are hth

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS

Faffel posted:

the new Nuke is good and it's easy to tell where people are hth

The truth is somewhere in the middle. Or maybe it was upper? I think it might be upper on site. Okay no two lower for sure they went secret.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I will say it can be a bitch to figure out where the bomb is, but if you aren't stupid and know the map layout you should generally be able to make a pretty accurate call re: players.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Sep 27, 2016

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Shiny new video about the upcoming jumping accuracy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFTbuTspTow

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I LIKE TO SMOKE WEE posted:

-pronax -znajder +olof +dennis

Reatalk: JW seems to be unable to do anything but be a gimmick player. I don't get why fundamental cs is so hard for him.

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Sep 27, 2016

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

:siren:ELEAGUE to host next CS:GO major, January 22nd-29th in Atlanta:siren:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
what will eleague stickers look like

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

nftyw posted:

what will eleague stickers look like
They're shaped like Georgia.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Famethrowa posted:

Reatalk: JW seems to be unable to do anything but be a gimmick player. I don't get why fundamental cs is so hard for him.

Ego + lack of discipline.

Dude gets bored and pulls silly poo poo, and pretty consistently had it work for him and been rewarded for it for years.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

ozmiander you could easily hit front page of reddit

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Speaking of which, https://www.teamliquidpro.com/news/2016/09/27/wizards-warriors-and-magic-a-strategic-partnership

An investment group headed by the owners of the Warriors/Wizards/other sports teams just bought out Team Liquid.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

canoshiz posted:

Speaking of which, https://www.teamliquidpro.com/news/2016/09/27/wizards-warriors-and-magic-a-strategic-partnership

An investment group headed by the owners of the Warriors/Wizards/other sports teams just bought out Team Liquid.

Who choked harder, Liquid or Golden State?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

A good summary of my CS:GO experience:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fzYZA9cM4o

:negative:

(and the worst part is I bet it's legit and I just got owned by right eye advantage)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Macnult posted:

Who choked harder, Liquid or Golden State?

Hard to say. GSW just got Kevin Durant though, while Liquid lost s1mple :negative: