Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

no one is going to be like ahhh the green party got 5% this year... that's a lot more. guess that means people think the jews start all the world wars and will attack america

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Tatum Girlparts posted:

why do you want a ticket involving a holocaust denier to get heard more

I feel the same way but about a rapist

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Toadvine posted:

Ok you have something to back this up?

I mean people who aren't holocaust deniers don't tend to work with holocaust deniers and go on to be interviewed by people who think the holocaust was a lie without challenging them.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

NumberLast posted:

I feel the same way but about a rapist

Why do rapists deny the Holocaust???

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Condiv posted:

Wizardwarfare could be pretty nasty for our country considering we really don't take security seriously where we should. For example, the entertainment and communications features in modern cars are poorly secured to the point some models of cars can be sabotaged remotely via the internet.

Literally nothing of value would be lost if cars only had radios and Google (or Apple if you're rich) maps in them.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Tatum ya goof, drop it

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I mean I hate to be a stickler but I do think supporting a ticket that involves a guy who, at best, is neutral on the whole 'so the jews start all the world wars and will attack america right' thing because someone thinks that ticket needs and deserves more mainstream attention is mildly threatening!

I understand and agree that it's a lovely stance to take on the holocaust and it affects you on a personal level, however a few things to consider.

I do not like Ajamu Baraka's pseudo-intellectualism to denigrate something that actually happened with such insipid hem-hawing about it. :agreed:

She's virtually polling at 1%

It's C-SPAM on the SA forums, people gonna have opinions, good or bad

You've made this point multiple times, it's just beating the horse and in some cases to me, it looks like you're using it as a springboard to get a few jabs just to taunt over and over.

Meanwhile there's an Orange Fascist to really actually be concerned about.

Just a little rearview perspective here.

You can rail all you want in the Jill Stein thread, don't breach it here when people were talking about Cyber security.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Toadvine posted:

Tatum ya goof, drop it

that would be good advice to heed imo

THE CYBER if you will

Lastgirl has issued a correction as of 21:49 on Sep 27, 2016

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lastgirl posted:

I understand and agree that it's a lovely stance to take on the holocaust and it affects you on a personal level, however a few things to consider.

I do not like Ajamu Baraka's pseudo-intellectualism to denigrate something that actually happened with such insipid hem-hawing about it. :agreed:

She's virtually polling at 1%

It's C-SPAM on the SA forums, people gonna have opinions, good or bad

You've made this point multiple times, it's just beating the horse and in some cases to me, it looks like you're using it as a springboard to get a few jabs just to taunt over and over.

Meanwhile there's an Orange Fascist to really actually be concerned about.

Just a little rearview perspective here.

You can rail all you want in the Jill Stein thread, don't breach it here when people were talking about Cyber security.

fair

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I mean people who aren't holocaust deniers don't tend to work with holocaust deniers and go on to be interviewed by people who think the holocaust was a lie without challenging them.

Ehat does this mean for Dixie Carter and Billy Corgan

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
for the record yes I'm 10000000x more worried about a literal white nationalist being a major party's nominee who had odds of being the leader of my nation than yet another case of 'uber-progressive who will go nowhere turns out to have Some Opinions about Jews'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

exploding mummy posted:

Ehat does this mean for Dixie Carter and Billy Corgan

Dixie Carter has many, many, sins to account for, exploding mummy

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
What won't be fair is how badly we get wrecked if we start a cyber war with another country. This hot take is informed by how lovely our government/corporate overlords' IT setups are, according to goons who apparently know these things.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
It's gonna be 'Nam all over again, but cyber

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

cybernam, if you will

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Toadvine posted:

What won't be fair is how badly we get wrecked if we start a cyber war with another country. This hot take is informed by how lovely our government/corporate overlords' IT setups are, according to goons who apparently know these things.

I agree, which is why I agree with Clinton's stance of treating cyber attacks like any other attack, because that comes with the implication that we need to be ready and secure for them just like we would be for some rear end in a top hat driving a bomber at us or whatever. Her plan, on paper at least, tends to seem to involve beefing up security for that stuff. I like that more than Trump's plan of 'something something CHYNA, something something my ten year old son's ipad'.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Karl Barks posted:

cybernam, if you will

There's a Doctor Who joke in here somewhere that I'm too tired to make.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
It's a really hosed up weird thing and we have zero way of knowing who's right because there's no record to go to, but I do feel safe supporting someone who has a plan vs someone who has a vague list of enemies.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I don't think literally anyone, anyone at all, believes there should be any punishment beyond the actual hackers themselves for the DNC hack, and maybe a stern 'dick move' condemnation type thing.

Obama's policy on responding to cyberattacks describes it as a significant cyber incident that causes "demonstrable harm to the national security interests, foreign relations or economy of the United States, or to the public confidence, civil liberties or public health and safety of the American people."

The administration stopped short of accusing Russia openly, purportedly because they were in the middle of Syria related troubles. So yes, the current administration does consider it actionable, but they aren't taking action because it would make things worse.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Karl Barks posted:

cybernam, if you will

Goons gonna sit on their coding hands to avoid conscription

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Ok, i dropped my last nuyen on some nail razors and a datajack, and ive been stockpiling clips for my ares predator and stimpacks, and my black leather trenchcoat is stocked with cigarettes and pocky when do i get to go to cyberwar

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Dixie Carter has many, many, sins to account for, exploding mummy

well she's millions of dollars on debt and no one has paid for the pay per view taping on sunday so duh

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
We've always been at cyberwar with Russia

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Karl Barks posted:

cybernam, if you will

cd projekt should rename their cyberpunk game to this

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

TIME TO PUNCH DECK

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

zen death robot posted:

With Bernie we would have got to angry old fuckers repeating their stump speeches at each other.
Which would've been a good debate.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Look based on numbers alone you can't all be cyberpunks. Some of you are most likely digibros or techheads.

:aslol:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Friendly warning to all your console jockeys out there that Trump was endorsed by ICE

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Toadvine posted:

Look based on numbers alone you can't all be cyberpunks. Some of you are most likely digibros or techheads.

:aslol:

Im actually a street samurai

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Al! posted:

Im actually a street samurai

Heh, what's your code of honor, bushidough??

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm pretty pumped that the old school bitter af Bernie thread is back baby!

Bip Roberts has issued a correction as of 22:45 on Sep 27, 2016

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Shut up bip this threads good

Lastgirl posted:

Their worldview does not threaten yours.

....if it does there are designated safe spaces in this dumpster fire subforum, namaste :thumbsup:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Toadvine posted:

Shut up bip this threads good

I said it was good dude.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Psh whatever ya web weenie :rolleye:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Peztopiary posted:

Literally nothing of value would be lost if cars only had radios and Google (or Apple if you're rich) maps in them.

Of course, but that's not the state of the world today. Unfortunately some car makers did not take the effort to isolate or secure critical vehicle control systems against the entertainment system, and didn't try to secure their internet enabled entertainment systems so now we have proof of concepts of hackers taking control of braking, acceleration, etc of a car through the internet.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I agree, which is why I agree with Clinton's stance of treating cyber attacks like any other attack, because that comes with the implication that we need to be ready and secure for them just like we would be for some rear end in a top hat driving a bomber at us or whatever. Her plan, on paper at least, tends to seem to involve beefing up security for that stuff. I like that more than Trump's plan of 'something something CHYNA, something something my ten year old son's ipad'.

Beefing up security would only really be possible with new regulations on the software industry. Specifically, we need to have some sort of security auditing process similar to building inspections but for code. Till we start getting some laws holding companies responsible for poo poo security, we're never gonna take computer security seriously enough

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Condiv posted:

Of course, but that's not the state of the world today. Unfortunately some car makers did not take the effort to isolate or secure critical vehicle control systems against the entertainment system, and didn't try to secure their internet enabled entertainment systems so now we have proof of concepts of hackers taking control of braking, acceleration, etc of a car through the internet.

ya that's how the CIA killed Michael Hastings

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
How many bros does Bernie have to click to win the Cyber?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

ThndrShk2k posted:

How many bros does Bernie have to click to win the Cyber?

Just one, but she's not a bro

• Locked thread