Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

SocketWrench posted:

Seems to be the standard among the republican aligned. Trump tried passing that bullshit on tonight and Hillary shot him down like a B-17 over Berlin

There has been a fairly big uptick in murders this year actually but we're still trying to figure out exactly what's going on with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

There has been a fairly big uptick in murders this year actually but we're still trying to figure out exactly what's going on with that

I'd noticed that, and I'd be willing to bet that some fraction of it is simply due to higher temperatures. A couple of regional concentrations probably also throw the numbers off - I have the impression that the Chicago area has been murder-happy for the last couple years, for instance.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Is it possible - not likely, but possible - that Graham is talking about absolute numbers, rather than per capita?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

WrenP-Complete posted:

Is it possible - not likely, but possible - that Graham is talking about absolute numbers, rather than per capita?

You say that like it would be better.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Platystemon posted:

You say that like it would be better.

I was wondering about CaptainSarcastic's lying or ignorant question.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

SocketWrench posted:

Seems to be the standard among the republican aligned. Trump tried passing that bullshit on tonight and Hillary shot him down like a B-17 over Berlin

Schweinfurt, more like.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Usually, yes. The tech has improved drastically over time. Black and white grainy stuff could also be night vision. Missile cams are the worst- imagine having to watch through a camera mounted on the tip of a missile just as it hits someone-then immediately swapping back to one of the overlooking drones as it monitors the effects.

You mean every time I'd play 007 Nightfire?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

CaptainSarcastic posted:

"The streets are very dangerous and there's a raging epidemic of violence in our nation." - Franklin Graham

So, is he ignorant of the actual FBI crime statistics showing a steady decline in violent crime since the 1970s and 1980s, or is he just lying? Considering his credentials I am inclined to suspect the latter.

Republicans love to imagine that the world is getting so much worse from some ideal period in their youth that they barely remember.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

theflyingexecutive posted:

You mean every time I'd play 007 Nightfire?

Wow that just brought back a lot of repressed gamecube memories from nowhere

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

e: Eh nevermind this was a dumb post

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Mm, that's a spicy good sovcit filing.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Is "United States of American, and does 1-100" a typo or a sov cit thing I can't even tell

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
I don't know about "United States of American", but I believe it's supposed to refer to people as John Does, as in "and (John) Does (#)1-100"? Based on the mention of "Does" again in the 2nd item.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Oh I thought she had misspelled "dues," like she... wanted the federal government to pay her dues?

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

In-cloud vs un-cloud?

Could one of the goon legal eagles help us when you get a chance please?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Owenership.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

The verb "challenge" seems to change meanings.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The Juwes are the men that will not to be blamed for nothing.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Casimir Radon posted:

The Juwes are the men that will not to be blamed for nothing.

:golfclap:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/maxoregonian/status/780819486186188800

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/maxoregonian/status/780820837670596608

https://twitter.com/maxoregonian/status/780821682810302464

https://twitter.com/maxoregonian/status/780821985882365952

https://twitter.com/maxoregonian/status/780822139364532225

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

https://www.fbiaa.org/leadership

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

"One by 1"? smh

I'm the legal crate.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/ameliaOPB/status/780490036621942784

Her name was Jeanette Finicum

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I think part of their "strategy," or at least Ryan's, is to pretty much treat Finicum's death as some kind of magic trump card. Like they expect it to cancel out all their own well-documented illegal actions.

Prosecutor: *demonstrates culpability of the Tarpriots for multiple felonies*
Ryan Bundy: "But you killed Lavoy Finicum." :smug:
Imaginary jury: Cries of "not guilty!" while slowly applauding.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
10,137 rounds of ammunition found at the refuge, total.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Discendo Vox posted:

A perfectly reasonable amount for personal self defence.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Discendo Vox posted:

Seems legit

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

OAquinas posted:

Seems legit

What would an actual "reasonable" number of rounds be? (not trying to start gun chat!) Is this an order of magnitude or two more than would be expected?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

WrenP-Complete posted:

What would an actual "reasonable" number of rounds be? (not trying to start gun chat!) Is this an order of magnitude or two more than would be expected?

For a peaceful protest occupation? Zero is the ceiling.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

And that's probably not even all the ammunition they had. That's just the ammunition that was left behind.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

SocketWrench posted:

Basically, yes. Though if you were that fucker you likely gained a rep for being a poo poo bag and the bar would empty out whenever you wandered your rear end in

Are people with challenge coins just too stupid/cowardly to ignore those kinds of people or what?

WrenP-Complete posted:

Zero if you're nonviolent as these idiots claim to have been.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

They interviewed one of the SovCits (I forget which one. One of the ones not currently on trial) on that OPB podcast and directly asked him why they were so heavily armed when, if this was a peaceful protest, they could do the exact same thing without guns.

His response was basically that guns convey authority. Which tells you a lot about their mindset.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

OAquinas posted:

Seems legit

Someone who's good at economics please help my family is dying

WrenP-Complete posted:

In Iraq, I was issued 180 rounds, I think that's the standard because it's like 5-6 full magazines. For an estimated 40 people, that's about 250 rounds per person, excessive but not outside the realm of possibility. The difference is that the occupiers had all kinds of different weapons of different calibers, from assault rifles to hunting rifles to pistols, so it would be a logistical nightmare to keep them supplied. I think one guy had a musket (because he was a felon and it's not an illegal firearm for him), one guy had an old timey six shooter.

But to reiterate it's also what they left behind when they poo poo their pants and ran for the hills, who knows how much they took home.

red19fire has issued a correction as of 23:19 on Sep 27, 2016

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

WrenP-Complete posted:

seems to me like the amount of rounds that would be reasonable would depend on what you're doing with them

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Nihilarian posted:

seems to me like the amount of rounds that would be reasonable would depend on what you're doing with them

Sure, I was also imagining constraints like "this many come in a box," or "this many are in the gun anyway, and they brought the guns to look serious, and didn't take the ammunition out of them." But it seems the answer is, "for peaceful protest zero is the right number." What about the claim that they were (verbing) hostile adverse possession?

Edit: Ah, thank you red19fire! For some reason your response didn't load in my browser before I wrote this. :tinfoil:

WrenP-Complete has issued a correction as of 23:22 on Sep 27, 2016

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
10,000 rounds is a pretty fun weekend at the range for a dozen people if you've got full auto weapons. It's a pretty terrible amount to start a revolution with.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

red19fire posted:

But to reiterate it's also what they left behind when they poo poo their pants and ran for the hills, who knows how much they took home.

this is pretty goddamn funny when you think about it

the people most likely to make grim assertions of revolt at the prospect of the government taking their guns left their guns behind when they fled likely because they were afraid of being killed by the government in their exit

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Mirthless posted:

the people most likely to make grim assertions of revolt at the prospect of the government taking their guns left their guns behind when they fled likely because they were afraid of being killed by the government in their exit

Hey, we don't know that. Maybe the ones who left their guns behind were felons who weren't supposed to have guns, and were afraid of being searched during their exit. Totally different fear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Mirthless posted:

This wouldn't have happened if the guns had had guns.