Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Gobolatula posted:

Thank you! Yeah I didn't mean to make such a big deal about my biological dad's stuff but I guess I needed to just tweet the heck out of my stress.

I'm sure he'll be fine. He's been dealing with addiction for most of his life and he has his ups and downs. My wish is for him to keep it together for good for the sake of himself and his family.

Anyway enough about that! Here's a message from me to my wonderful fans:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jRcxgFxEOY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I wanna watch Tubsy kick some rear end!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Gobolatula posted:

Yeah, but odds are I'm gonna take a little break afterwards. Catch up on video games and do some dumb "grown-up" stuff.

If you went on to make a cartoon for Cartoon Network what would it be about?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
That there's a way from Hell to Heaven implies that it's meant to be used at some point, otherwise Hell would have been created without one. Same for the ability for deeper levels of hell having a way up through to upper hell. Can the denizens of hell be officially allowed to move on up?

Are there more Hellbeasts here, or are they usually further down? wait, The hellbeast said it was stuck on earth after removing the anchors it hand in hell. But hell is a spiritual place rather than physical because earth has been destroyed and yet hell is still here. Is...Gob, are hellbeasts MAGIC?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Slime posted:

That there's a way from Hell to Heaven implies that it's meant to be used at some point, otherwise Hell would have been created without one.

It's also possible that it's there solely as another form of torment.

Lower levels get the fire and the pitchforks, the top level gets the ennui of knowing they weren't invited to party with god.

JohnnyOso
Oct 9, 2007

a more refined age

Renaissance Robot posted:

It's also possible that it's there solely as another form of torment.

Lower levels get the fire and the pitchforks, the top level gets the ennui of knowing they weren't invited to party with god.

I'm not certain they are in Hell, per se.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

In my head, hellbeasts can pass through their own personal opening that's similar to The Stairway to Heaven, except it connects Hell to the land of the living. They go there to grab kids and eat them and bring their souls to Hell. When they pass through their little portal or whatever, their "feet" have to be holding onto the ground in Hell. If even one of their feet go through the portal into the living realm, they can never return to Hell.

Our hellbeast aka The Hellbeast got a major tummy ache after eating Tubsy, most likely due to the fact that Tubsy ate a shitload of wasps at juvie.

I haven't run any of this by Josef my writing helper-outer, so this stuff *may* change, though I don't know whether or not it'll ever be brought up in the comic.

Gobolatula fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Sep 26, 2016

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

I apologize for double-posting. As soon as I figure out how to delete posts, this one will be gone.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Gobolatula posted:

In my head, hellbeasts can pass through their own personal opening that's similar to The Stairway to Heaven, except it connects Hell to the land of the living. They go there to grab kids and eat them and bring their souls to hell. When they pass through their little portal or whatever, their "feet" have to be holding onto the ground in Hell. If even one of their feet go through the portal into the living realm, they can never return to Hell.

Our hellbeast aka The Hellbeast got a major tummy ache after eating Tubsy, most likely due to the fact that Tubsy ate a shitload of wasps at juvie.

I haven't run any of this by Josef my writing helper-outer, so this stuff *may* change, though I don't know whether or not it'll ever be brought up in the comic.

Gobolatula posted:

I apologize for double-posting. As soon as I figure out how to delete posts, this one will be gone.

lol

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Gahhh... I'm such an idiot. What happened was I wanted to edit my post because I didn't capitalize the "H" in one of the times I typed "Hell," but instead of editing the post I clicked "quote" and I was just editing the quote and pushed "submit." Then I changed that post to my "sorry I'm an idiot" message. Then I got off the toilet and went back to work.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Gobolatula posted:

Gahhh... I'm such an idiot. What happened was I wanted to edit my post because I didn't capitalize the "H" in one of the times I typed "Hell," but instead of editing the post I clicked "quote" and I was just editing the quote and pushed "submit." Then I changed that post to my "sorry I'm an idiot" message. Then I got off the toilet and went back to work.

toilet-posting owns

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Gobolatula posted:

In my head, hellbeasts can pass through their own personal opening that's similar to The Stairway to Heaven, except it connects Hell to the land of the living. They go there to grab kids and eat them and bring their souls to Hell. When they pass through their little portal or whatever, their "feet" have to be holding onto the ground in Hell. If even one of their feet go through the portal into the living realm, they can never return to Hell.

Okay here's something kind of dumb I've always wondered: What happened to the Hellbeast after it died? Like, when humans or wolves or whatever die in 'It Hurts' their souls go to either Heaven or Hell. Since the Hellbeast can't go back to Hell does that mean his soul went to Heaven? Or was the Hellbeast soulless and thus simply ceased to exist after being killed?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Gobolatula posted:

You are the best

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Okay here's something kind of dumb I've always wondered: What happened to the Hellbeast after it died? Like, when humans or wolves or whatever die in 'It Hurts' their souls go to either Heaven or Hell. Since the Hellbeast can't go back to Hell does that mean his soul went to Heaven? Or was the Hellbeast soulless and thus simply ceased to exist after being killed?

To me, The Hellbeast was a living monster with a soul (like Trisssh) only he was born in Hell. Where does a hellbeast's soul go when it dies? Hmm. . . I'd guess Hell, haha. Maybe The Hellbeast wasn't counting on dying.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Gobolatula posted:

you were posting while sitting on your own comic? woah

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Gobolatula posted:

To me, The Hellbeast was a living monster with a soul (like Trisssh) only he was born in Hell. Where does a hellbeast's soul go when it dies? Hmm. . . I'd guess Hell, haha. Maybe The Hellbeast wasn't counting on dying.

Obviously it goes to double hell, an entirely different place. Its like hell but theres more of it.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

it went to a version of hell that is exactly the same in every aspect, except everyone calls it "heck"

the heckbeast

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I hope the hell beast did end up back in hell but is constantly getting dunked on by tubsy and poop in really juvenile ways.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

The hell beasts balls flew back to Hell, Pacman-ghost style.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Maybe the Hellbeast lived a righteous and noble life for a hellbeast and went to heaven. gently caress if I know, but that'd be cool.

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

"Heavenbeast" sounds pretty cool.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I hope the Hellbeast gets stored in that one dude's cock

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Interesting...

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=435-see-ya-later

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

God sounds like a piece of poo poo

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I really like Allisons "I'm not saying anything" expression.

Regy Rusty posted:

God sounds like a piece of poo poo

Goddamnit :p

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Maybe it's not God being a dick. Maybe God was like 'hey, Metatron, I need to go get a spaceship, you stay here and decide who goes to Heaven or Hell' and Metatron let it go to their head(s).

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Those are some weird sins. I'm starting to think the devil is somehow the lesser of two evils here; at least he's cool with girls going out in sunlight and guy touching their dicks.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Not allowed to touch your dick to pee? Suddenly circumcision makes sense.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
good that we established the abrahamic god as the antagonist of this

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Renaissance Robot posted:

Not allowed to touch your dick to pee? Suddenly circumcision makes sense.

"In the army, they taught us to wash our hands!"

"Not us" said the naval man, "In the Navy they taught us how not to go to hell."

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

did he forget that there are multiple layers of hell between strips and that his dad is probably further down?

(I know the answer is "yes")

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

did he forget that there are multiple layers of hell between strips and that his dad is probably further down?

(I know the answer is "yes")

I don't think that it's a case of "Couldn't make it"

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Does this mean all dogs go to hell? :(

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

scarycave posted:

Does this mean all dogs go to hell? :(

Oh my fuckin' God, I just got that. I just got the Poop joke. Goddamnit, Gob.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

drat, so putting pencils in your dick wasn't so innocent and wholesome after all. Well unless you manage to do it without touching the dick. It doesn't say anything about other people's dicks though, these are questions theology has to answer.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I hope God gets stored inside Marlon's dick.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I could make it work:

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=436-home-sweet-home

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
The last two panels look really, really familiar to me but I can't quite place the art style.

e: maybe the second one looks kind of like a ONE face? I could see Gob liking Mob Psycho 100, that show was great.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
The first thing I thought of was Junji Ito.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

I'm getting sort of a Stu Pickles vibe.

• Locked thread