Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal

..btt posted:

I picked this up as soon as it was available, but just as a warning to others, I'm going to say skip this one. Near the beginning they remove the ability to rewind decisions, meaning if you run into one of the game's frequent instant deaths you'll have to essentially replay chapter 4 to that point. Worse, the game has bugged out for me - I am unable to take any action, and since I cannot rewind I can't use that to fix it. Kinda sad as the first 3 chapters were great.

While they do remove the rewind feature, they actually give you something in place of that, which imo is better tied into the story rather than just being a game mechanic. You won't have to worry about losing your progress.

MAJOR SPOILER REGARDING THAT: You can finally use the ZED spell, which is rewinding/resurrecting without losing any items you've gained, plus you get checkpoints as you get closer to the Archmage.

What bug are you encountering?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.
Anything decent out there that's like Master of Orion? I know iOS has Starbase Orion, but that doesn't seem to have an Android version.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

Zarlog posted:

What bug are you encountering?

I am unable to do that thing you spoilered.

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal

..btt posted:

I am unable to do that thing you spoilered.

There's a small window between the removal of rewinding and the spoiler thing, but you should still be able to rewind back to that final point. There's also one scenario where you won't get the spoiler thing at all: If Yb'ran is your god and you tell Throben that you don't want the gift/curse/ZED, but again that means you should still be able to rewind back to the gate

But it sounds like you're really stuck. I'd say it's worth trying the old uninstall/reinstall at least once since you liked the first three. It's a great ending to the series, and has more replay value than the others imo. And just in case that doesn't work, I have two cloud save codes that you could try in case your save file is somehow corrupt. POHAFU and BUHAKA

..btt
Mar 26, 2008
I submitted a bug report and the devs say it's a known issue with some devices. I just have to wait for a fix. Thanks for the offer though.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Looty Dungeon, from the creators of Crossy Road, is out today.

Mufasa Nigel
Jul 8, 2005

I tried out that legendary:GOH and was getting into it until the inevitable stamina please pay to play some more poo poo. Is there a game with similar mechanics that I can just buy and play? Not too bothered about the multiplayer parts, just the building a good team, leveling them up and all that.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
On a related note... I drew the short straw and got custody of the Legendary:GOH guild. We've gone from a guild of 20-some to more like six actives, which is a GLOWING TESTAMENT to how well-designed this game is! But if you want in, post in the thread and I'll do the housekeeping.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Minesweeper: Collector scratches an itch I didn't know I had still.

delfin posted:

On a related note... I drew the short straw and got custody of the Legendary:GOH guild. We've gone from a guild of 20-some to more like six actives, which is a GLOWING TESTAMENT to how well-designed this game is! But if you want in, post in the thread and I'll do the housekeeping.

I honestly thought it was solid but then they went away from limited entry events with interesting monsters to poopsock events, which I find very tedious.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

these would make good additions to the F2P section of the op

warhammer 40k: freeblade
you're in a WH40K titan. you get to tap the screen to shoot at mans with different weapons as the titan moves through the level on its own. theres multiplayer too which i havent tried yet, looks ok on youtube tho. good graphics and warhammer art style

hungry shark world
typical 2d point stacking game but exceptionally fun. sharks with jetpacks taking down helicopters, eating mans and fish and whales and poo poo. gold and premium currency are easy to farm when you unlock the bigger sharks. no multiplayer

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Nurel posted:

you're in a WH40K titan. you get to tap the screen to shoot at mans with different weapons as the titan moves through the level on its own. theres multiplayer too which i havent tried yet, looks ok on youtube tho. good graphics and warhammer art style

HEAVILY P2W. Almost every mission is exactly the same. The graphics are nice, but the game isn't really fun.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

agreed - I just wanted to post it because WH40,000

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Rapner posted:

Minesweeper: Collector scratches an itch I didn't know I had still.

Thanks for this; I don't know what it is, but Minesweeper, the logic behind it, JUST finally clicked with me. I was thinking about it all wrong before. I mean, I've known the rules since forever but I'm finally looking at the surrounding 9 squares of any given number and deducing that way.

Well, I guess I was doing that before, but it feels different now (not just because of this version, probably because I finally sat down and played a good 30 minutes of minesweeper). I'm having a lot more "Of course!" moments because I now visualize the surrounding 9, check to see how many are marked or free, amd go from there. Before, I feel like I was thinking about it almost in the wrong way, which wasn't helping.

Another FANTASTIC deduction puzzler is Sherlock. It's the official mobile version of an old DOS game, but the actual puzzles are still great. Highly recommended, it might scratch a brand new itch. There's a free version, but if you enjoy it at all, definitely upgrade to 'ultimate'.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kaser.sherlockfree

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Minesweeper is still a lovely puzzle game because of 50/50 situations.
edit: The app claims that there's no luck involved, how'd he get around the 50/50 situations?

But on the topic of puzzle games, are there any worthwhile Kawashima/brain training equivalents?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Rapner posted:

I honestly thought it was solid but then they went away from limited entry events with interesting monsters to poopsock events, which I find very tedious.

It's actually been going back and forth with them mixing up event types. Every other week has been the first type (the fight huge monsters/rally friends/limited keys), while the other weeks have been mutating. The last one had a new wrinkle where you earned Guild keys as well as Solo keys and could send them to guildmates to rack up a separate trophy counter.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Oenis posted:

edit: The app claims that there's no luck involved, how'd he get around the 50/50 situations?

By not having boards that mimic the smaller pieces. With a layout like that its very easy to set up rules to eliminate the 50/50 chance spawns.

My main problem with Minesweeper, even though I love playing it as a time waster, has always been getting shafted in the opening moves. I lose the majority of my games to not getting a decent start instead of the 50/50 situations.

I haven't played any difficult levels yet so I don't know how or if this game handles that, but so far I'm loving what's there and have already gone no-ads with the last of my current bunch of survey bucks.

Edit: I may be missing something here, but it looks like they haven't completely ruled out guessing, apparently. :(

Onean fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Sep 28, 2016

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Onean posted:

By not having boards that mimic the smaller pieces. With a layout like that its very easy to set up rules to eliminate the 50/50 chance spawns.

My main problem with Minesweeper, even though I love playing it as a time waster, has always been getting shafted in the opening moves. I lose the majority of my games to not getting a decent start instead of the 50/50 situations.

I haven't played any difficult levels yet so I don't know how or if this game handles that, but so far I'm loving what's there and have already gone no-ads with the last of my current bunch of survey bucks.

Edit: I may be missing something here, but it looks like they haven't completely ruled out guessing, apparently. :(

I think it's because on boards where that happens, it gives you a shield so that if you get the guess wrong you're not finished.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Onean posted:

I haven't played that one but can't you safely click on the bricks around the boxes with no numbers at the bottom? That should open up some more to help you figure out more with that 2 on the left. Or go further with the bottom right empty ones. Either way you are not forced to guess at that point.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

They just need to port Hexcells to mobile. Vastly superior to Minesweeper and never has guessing.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Kiranamos posted:

They just need to port Hexcells to mobile. Vastly superior to Minesweeper and never has guessing.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eppa_apps.sixcells&hl=en

:shrug:

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Oenis posted:

But on the topic of puzzle games, are there any worthwhile Kawashima/brain training equivalents?

You can clear a board by flagging all the mines even if you haven't cleared all the un-mined tiles. When you hit a 50/50 you just try flagging each tile and you win when you guess correctly, no risk.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Nurel posted:

I got a new tablet to play this, and sure, it looks pretty, but it's as mentioned, P2W as hell with random loot boxes, and when you clear chapter 2... It introduces a lovely energy-esque mechanic. Your health starts each level at a % until time passes, you watch a ad, or you pay.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Banner Saga 2 is out on the Play Store. Warning: it comes with a 3GB external download which the Play Store doesn't mention, and for anyone curious about the lone IAP its to unlock a bonus survival mode.

(sorry Aguamoose but it doesn't appear that you can import your BS1 save in this version unfortunately my mistake, it looks like you can import a save)

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Sep 29, 2016

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

delfin posted:

I'm just starting LGOH and would like in the guild. Do I search for it, and if so what's the name? Or do you add me, in which case please add 'Butts lol'

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Syrinxx posted:

I'm just starting LGOH and would like in the guild. Do I search for it, and if so what's the name? Or do you add me, in which case please add 'Butts lol'

Summonthing Awful, and I just sent out a guild invite.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

mrkillboy posted:

Banner Saga 2 is out on the Play Store. Warning: it comes with a 3GB external download which the Play Store doesn't mention, and for anyone curious about the lone IAP its to unlock a bonus survival mode.

(sorry Aguamoose but it doesn't appear that you can import your BS1 save in this version unfortunately)

it was given away for free on xbox, iirc

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
Get the loving Pog game. It's awesome. You can play pogs. Also you can hold your slammers in different ways.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
So I was mistaken, you can import saves into Banner Saga 2. I'm not sure if you need the original game still installed or its via the cloud however.

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

So I was mistaken, you can import saves into Banner Saga 2. I'm not sure if you need the original game still installed or its via the cloud however.

I trusted you and you failed us. You broke my heart, mrkillboy, you broke my heart.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."

mrkillboy posted:

(sorry Aguamoose but it doesn't appear that you can import your BS1 save in this version unfortunately my mistake, it looks like you can import a save)

Thanks, just spent an hour moving apps to my SD to make space for the download!

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
There's a new Micro Machines game out for anyone nostalgic for those tiny cars and their much loved 16-bit games from the 90s.

Also out is a new card game/puzzler/city builder called Concrete Jungle that also looks pretty interesting.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

mrkillboy posted:

Also out is a new card game/puzzler/city builder called Concrete Jungle that also looks pretty interesting.

After looking at the screen shots, I was ready to cry foul and call this a rip off of Megacity, but it's the follow-up to Megacity so that's cool.

It's not a gatcha style card game and there aren't any microtransactions. I haven't played this one, but if it's like the original, it's sort of a mix between Carcassone and Pipe Dream. On that note, it's a city builder in the same way that Pipe Dream is a plumbing simulator. You're basically just arranging your cards/tiles in the best way to get the highest score, and those tiles happen to have city stuff on them. It's a ton of fun, though.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
War of Crown entered closed beta today. You need to have pre-regged which I forgot I did, so sadly no link to download.

The game is essentially a mix between Summoners War and Final Fantasy Tactics/Disgaea - SW evolving/enhancing/etc, with FFT/Disgaea gameplay. It's even got its own version of Devilmon in the form of a dark fat cat whose name I forget.

The auto feature is really good and I haven't lost a normal stage with it yet, but I can see bosses needing to be manually fought until you can overgear it. Units are interesting in design, and the fanservice isn't nearly as bad as I figured it'd be. All units follow a three active / one passive skill format, and the abilities some units get are really interesting (though the pirate lady i got is basically a olden Gangplank rip off; passive 10% atk boost, cannon barrage, an attack that can poison and just an attack lmao)

When it enters open beta I'll add a link / new post but for now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Vm6xZ9K40

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Looks cool but GAMEVIL gatcha rates are the worst.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Legend of the Skyfish is a new Zelda-inspired adventure game that looks quite good and has gotten some quite decent reviews on iOS.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
I'm pulling my hair out trying to get Banner saga 2 to load my cloud save from the first one. If anyone has figured it out I'd be grateful!

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
Concrete Jungle is pretty solid, but I haven't been able to move the screen around since the first tutorial. Dragging my finger around just lets me select a place to build at. I can't see panels that are hidden under the UI, and I can't zoom in or out. Am I missing something?

Edit: Hmm... It's working now. Weird.

Lord_Pigeonbane fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 29, 2016

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

boy are my arms tired posted:

War of Crown entered closed beta today. You need to have pre-regged which I forgot I did, so sadly no link to download.

The game is essentially a mix between Summoners War and Final Fantasy Tactics/Disgaea - SW evolving/enhancing/etc, with FFT/Disgaea gameplay. It's even got its own version of Devilmon in the form of a dark fat cat whose name I forget.

The auto feature is really good and I haven't lost a normal stage with it yet, but I can see bosses needing to be manually fought until you can overgear it. Units are interesting in design, and the fanservice isn't nearly as bad as I figured it'd be. All units follow a three active / one passive skill format, and the abilities some units get are really interesting (though the pirate lady i got is basically a olden Gangplank rip off; passive 10% atk boost, cannon barrage, an attack that can poison and just an attack lmao)

When it enters open beta I'll add a link / new post but for now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Vm6xZ9K40

Got in, and been playing a bit. The drop rates for the poo poo I need to evolve one of my dudes to 5 stars is drat awful, must have spent 200stam plus, and still need 4 more potions things.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Roid666 posted:

Got in, and been playing a bit. The drop rates for the poo poo I need to evolve one of my dudes to 5 stars is drat awful, must have spent 200stam plus, and still need 4 more potions things.

yeah im running into this as well. thank god for autobattle, if it didn't exist i'd hate this

as it stands its a fun timewaster, but idk how im gonna slot it between summoners war and mobius final fantasy, both of which do what this game tries to do but better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

The Aguamoose posted:

I'm pulling my hair out trying to get Banner saga 2 to load my cloud save from the first one. If anyone has figured it out I'd be grateful!

At least one guy on Banner Saga's Twitter account has the same issue so I suspect it might be broken at the moment (for some folks at least).

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Sep 30, 2016