Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which was more embarrassing?
This poll is closed.
The Debate 32 14.81%
MNF 8 3.70%
Donald's Hair 12 5.56%
Six Pickspatrick 48 22.22%
The Texans 50 23.15%
Whatever's about to happen to the Bills. 37 17.13%
Print the Shirts 29 13.43%
Total: 216 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Metapod posted:

Will you be glad the Bengals lost?
I will accept my fate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

fsif posted:

"You enjoy your little pranks, Rex, we'll enjoy our 4-0 and Super Bowl rings." - a Patriots fan, probably, come Monday morn-

...or come literally minutes later.

Rex Ryan needs to stay in the NFL forever, but I also never want to see him coach again.

Announcer maybe? He's the only person in the world who could convincingly fill in for Boomer.

Shangri-Law School posted:

Jim Schwartz is a bad head coach.

He's a great defensive coordinator!

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Intruder posted:

Being a Texans fan is worse than being a Browns fan, there I said it

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Better or worse than Wade Phillips?

Stupid Dick
May 25, 2004

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I will accept my fate.

It's kind of nice that all that poo poo went down in the playoffs last year. We Bengals fans were starting to swoon a bit much and got a little too arrogant with the whole "having expectations for the team" thing, so the reality check was much needed. We can now comfortably return to being broken husks of human beings and laugh at the team instead of getting upset.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

I keep hearing everyone saying him and McDaniels are prime candidates for HC positions and I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Weren't these guys both really bad head coaches just like 5 years ago?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

fsif posted:

There is no such thing as an out-of-market Cowboys fan.

Canadians? There's bound to be a few.

Stupid Dick
May 25, 2004

Butter Hole posted:

I keep hearing everyone saying him and McDaniels are prime candidates for HC positions and I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Weren't these guys both really bad head coaches just like 5 years ago?

I'm pretty sure the year before he got fired McDaniels went like 5-0 or 6-0 to start the season with the Broncos and they still missed the playoffs. The next year they completely poo poo the bed and he got fired.

Also, convincing ownership to trade a 2nd, 3rd, AND 4th round pick for Tebow was hilarious.

Stupid Dick fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Sep 28, 2016

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

a new study bible! posted:

Did Wade ever curse out his own fans? Did Wade ban his cornerbacks from intercepting the ball in practice? Did Wade run the blandest defense possible when he was the head honcho?

I appreciate what Schwartz did to get the Lions out of the dumpster, but he has a lot of mistakes to fix if he wants to be a good head coach.

Also he looks too much like Dean from Supernatural.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Stupid Dick posted:

It's kind of nice that all that poo poo went down in the playoffs last year. We Bengals fans were starting to swoon a bit much and got a little too arrogant with the whole "having expectations for the team" thing, so the reality check was much needed. We can now comfortably return to being broken husks of human beings and laugh at the team instead of getting upset.

The Bengals rule you bitch!!!

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Stupid Dick posted:

I'm pretty sure the year before he got fired McDaniels went like 5-0 or 6-0 to start the season with the Broncos and they still missed the playoffs. The next year they completely poo poo the bed and he got fired.

Also, convincing ownership to trade a 2nd, 3rd, AND 4th round pick for Tebow was hilarious.

Yeah I remember they were pretty good and made the playoffs and beat the steelers that one year but still...tebow...

Also, bengals, bitch. We'll take care of business tomorrow.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Lamadrid posted:

I missed the horchata derail but for those allergic to nuts you can get spanish horchata made with (I poo poo you not) TIGERNUTS which are more related to tubers than nuts.Also starbucks has an unholy the abomination called horchata latte.

I kind of want my name changed to tigernuts.

I've had horchata beer, it was pretty good. The chai beer is even better.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Got some good meth

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Did Wade ban his cornerbacks from intercepting the ball in practice?

Haha did this really happen

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Vertical Lime posted:

https://twitter.com/506sports/status/781178534568001536

St. Louis gets to watch the two teams that left them

NE/Jets or Baltimore/Oak Bleh.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Dez has a hairline fracture in his leg time for Cole Beasley to get 25 receptions for 200 yards against SF

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Stupid Dick posted:

Good coach, awful GM. Then again he was a 32-year-old child at the time so maybe he has grown and matured since then.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Spoeank posted:

Dez has a hairline fracture in his leg time for Cole Beasley to get 25 receptions for 200 yards against SF

While the offense has shown it can hum without Romo, I'm not so sure it can keep things up without Romo and Dez.

gently caress man it's just not going to happen for Romo

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a new study bible! posted:

I don't think Wade was that bad of a head coach if we're comparing retread hires. He would need a good situation where the players were self motivated to succeed though, since drat he's just a silly old man who can coach a hell of a defense and loves players.

Also probably needs someone other than Jason Garrett as an OC and not to be connected to the Bills in any fashion.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Intruder posted:

I don't know about this instance specifically, but in training camp when players are supposed to be going half speed, coaches will tell them not to intercept the ball so players will actually go at half speed and not screw up what they are actually trying to do.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Intruder posted:

I can't find it now, but it was part of the standard rumor chum following any firing. And it fit perfectly with the way Schwartz's staff treated Stafford as a finished product with no need for improvement.

I did find this, though! :allears:

Coldforge posted:

I'm really nervous now that the Lions are going to steal Jim Tomsula from the Niners. Not only would losing him suck, but the thought of one of the best D-line coaches in the league going to that team scares the crap out of me.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Tomsula was an amazing line coach though tbh, which is why making him head coach was double annoying. Everyone knew he was a one year wonder going in and we were going to sacrifice Jimmy T's coaching for Jed's puppet show

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

I can't find it now, but it was part of the standard rumor chum following any firing. And it fit perfectly with the way Schwartz's staff treated Stafford as a finished product with no need for improvement.

I did find this, though! :allears:

He is/was a really good d-line coach, though. Just the perfect example of the peter principle.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Just let me imagine the Jim Tomsula Lions.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Also he looks too much like Dean from Supernatural.

This is only weakening your argument against him. Dean is who we all wish we could be.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Coldforge posted:

He is/was a really good d-line coach, though. Just the perfect example of the peter principle.
I'll go with ''is'. Eagles d-line has been vicious.

vvv ah

shyduck fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Sep 28, 2016

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Just let me imagine the Jim Tomsula Lions.

Probably about the same as they looked under Schwartz, tbh.

shyduck posted:

I'll go with ''is'. Eagles d-line has been vicious.

Talking Tomsula, not Schwartz.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Garrett is still saying Dez is day to day so maybe he didn't miss much time?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Spoeank posted:

:rip: Dallas season.

How long is he out for?

also I would like to claim honors and accolades as the first person with a Wentz-tar. :colbert:

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Vertical Lime posted:

https://twitter.com/506sports/status/781178534568001536

St. Louis gets to watch the two teams that left them

those DICKS

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
"I cant find the dang Colts channel..."

oh gently caress wait

*sets alarm for 8am*

gently caress

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

I'd rather have some idiot from sports radio (or Bill Simms) take care of the jokes while our head coach is busy preparing the team to go 4-0. But that's just me.

But you guys really need to watch the Rex&Rob "not Hard Knocks" show. The fact that they spent their evenings watching TV and bagging baseball cards is just insane - not as insane as him shouting "MASSIVE SUCCESS" like a TV show character but insane nonetheless.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

fsif posted:

"You enjoy your little pranks, Rex, we'll enjoy our 4-0 and Super Bowl rings." - a Patriots fan, probably, come Monday morn-

...or come literally minutes later.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

GaussianCopula posted:

I'd rather have some idiot from sports radio (or Bill Simms) take care of the jokes while our head coach is busy preparing the team to go 4-0. But that's just me.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

look at him trying to squeeze the air outta that ball

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Febreeze posted:

look at him trying to squeeze the air outta that ball

That's actually his dong. T*m Br*dy is so football he doesn't have foreskin, he has pigskin :smug:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Flacco is working hard to catch up to Rivers.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

weird Asian candy posted:

That's actually his dong. T*m Br*dy is so football he doesn't have foreskin, he has pigskin :smug:

So what you're saying is he calls his deflation techniques a circumcision?

I feel bad for the dorito dink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I also named my penis The Deflator what a coincidence.

• Locked thread