Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Wikkheiser posted:

Yeah. Also stoked for this. Has anyone heard anything from it yet?

Well, they're gonna premiere some of the tracks on the 23rd and 24rd in Dresden. I guess it's safe to assume we'll be hearing some snippets or the like from the album soon after. It's not that long until it's out anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
The Fredrik Kroona solo albums are surprisingly nice EBM pop (even though he objects to the description "EBM", oh my goodness it totally is). The vocals are all clear, which is a surprise if you've ever heard his Cookie Monster hideous screeching with Cynical Existence.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Not sure if anyone here is in Germany much, but do any of you know if there are any good industrial club nights in Berlin that might be on between 13th and 18th October?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Not sure if anyone here is in Germany much, but do any of you know if there are any good industrial club nights in Berlin that might be on between 13th and 18th October?

You've got some spectacularly bad luck since what seemed to be THE industrial club in Berlin, K17, just closed in May. There are new owners but it's apparently a metal club now?

I did a quick search and here's the only industrial club I could find during that time period:

Monday October 17 - Der Møntagsduncker at Dunckerclub (Prenzlauer Berg). Gothic Post-Punk Death Wave Minimal Industrial EBM

A couple of reviews online said that it should be really nice.

Oh and here's their website: http://www.dunckerclub.de/start.html

Ms. Happiness
Aug 26, 2009

https://youtu.be/Z7kO_aPhZLQ

Just came across this delightful video of a kid interviewing Ogre from Skinny Puppy. Thought I'd share.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Did some more industrial reviews. Aesthetische, Mari Kattman, Cyanotic, Syntec. Mari Kattman is quite the find.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

https://youtu.be/4cdarXx-cdI

Previews of the new Project Pitchfork album

It's gonna kick rear end :woop: :woop: :hellyeah:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The title track and Volcano being back to back is pretty :getin:

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Phew can spend the $80 or whatever in good faith.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I think the title track is probably about Spilles's mom who died last year :(

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

THE FUTURE IS HERE AND EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE DESTROYED

Failed Nihilist
Apr 10, 2015

Makes me wanna go re-watch Death Machine.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Today's nice bit of music: District 13 from Germany. "I'm Moving On", Dark Memories EP, See You Again - more subtle EBM. I wasn't sure about the voice (too strong in the mix), but it works very well on "I'm Moving On" and provoked me to try Dark Memories a second time, at which point I got it a lot better. There's also the first "demo album",, which most reminds me of Wolfsheim. A more considered industrial pop.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Gettin honked on Cynar and waiting for ClockDVA to start. Good times on Broadway.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
God, this opener's doing a free form set with sequencer and drum machine. It's incoherent.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
So on the one hand I'm really excited that Kraftwerk are playing a date next year that's basically fifteen minutes up the road from where I live, but on the other hand a] it'll sell out really quickly once tickets go on sale and b] any of the seats that are central in the venue with the best view are eighty loving pounds, sixty quid for being nearer the back or fifty for restricted view.

Unfortunately I really like Kraftwerk! :smith:

Danger - Octopus! fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Sep 26, 2016

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

So on the one hand I'm really excited that Kraftwerk are playing a date next year that's basically fifteen minutes up the road from where I live, but on the other hand a] it'll sell out really quickly once tickets go on sale and b] any of the seats that are central in the venue with the best view are eighty loving pounds, sixty quid for being nearer the back or fifty for restricted view.

Unfortunately I really like Kraftwerk! :smith:

I flew to Norway to see Kraftwerk. Get the fucken tickets man

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

I flew to Norway to see Kraftwerk. Get the fucken tickets man

OKAY SHUT UP I'LL TRY ALRIGHT

On a related note , my girlfriend and I are coming to Sweden in December for a city break in Malmö that JUST SO HAPPENS to coincide with this event because the line-up is awesome http://electrixmas.org/2016/.

Also because we'd quite like to visit Sweden and this is all the excuse we needed.

Anyone else going?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

In Strict Confidence is coming to Finland in February :getin:

It's the vintage 1996-2004 set though which is a bit of a shame, but I think they do those with a smaller crew?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

It's the vintage 1996-2004 set though which is a bit of a shame, but I think they do those with a smaller crew?
I like that dude's husky voice.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

OKAY SHUT UP I'LL TRY ALRIGHT

On a related note , my girlfriend and I are coming to Sweden in December for a city break in Malmö that JUST SO HAPPENS to coincide with this event because the line-up is awesome http://electrixmas.org/2016/.

Also because we'd quite like to visit Sweden and this is all the excuse we needed.

Anyone else going?

Man I'd love to go some year and this year would have a great lineup, but I just bought tickets to see Project Pitchfork's 25-year anniversary tour in Hannover and Hamburg on, you guessed it, December 9 and 10

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable

Genuinely jealous. I know that period of ISC so well, I'd love to see that show.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Pig in Denver tonight! :woop:

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Zauberschloss fuckin rules

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
When the hell are we getting a Radioaktivists album?

Failed Nihilist
Apr 10, 2015
So what really got me into industrial was aggrotech like Combichrist, Grendel, Suicide Commando, etc. Any recommendations based on that? It can split into other subgenres.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Failed Nihilist posted:

So what really got me into industrial was aggrotech like Combichrist, Grendel, Suicide Commando, etc. Any recommendations based on that? It can split into other subgenres.

Give 3Teeth a go if you haven't already as they rule, maybe Atari Teenage Riot's "Delete Yourself" or "60 Second Wipeout" albums, the latter are different but aggressive as gently caress

Failed Nihilist
Apr 10, 2015

NonzeroCircle posted:

Give 3Teeth a go if you haven't already as they rule, maybe Atari Teenage Riot's "Delete Yourself" or "60 Second Wipeout" albums, the latter are different but aggressive as gently caress

Matter of fact, I just picked up 3teeth's self-title. It's killer.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Failed Nihilist posted:

Encephalon.

'Psychogenesis' is one of the best hard industrial albums I've heard in years. Ludicrous sci-fi premise. Huge choruses. Really well-crafted songs that are definitely in the aggrotech spirit but they develop it in interesting ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=het6Us6gzfw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knxYv90H1ts

mennoknight posted:

Zauberschloss fuckin rules
:hellyeah:

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Sep 29, 2016

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Failed Nihilist posted:

13Pandora13 posted:

Agonoize, Shiv-R, Psyclon Nine, older Angelspit, Distractor, Dioxyde, Hocico, Exemia, Tactical Sekt, Velvet Acid Christ, older DeathBoy, Amduscia, some Limnus, some Dacaboya

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
This may be old news but the new Assemblage 23 is up on Spotify and it's quite solid. December is really good.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I just listened to it today and was pleased. It sounds very...light? Like kind of poppy even. But I really like it, it feels like a new Assemblage 23 abum more than just another Assemblage 23 album. If you catch my drift.

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

Man, Kraftwerk tickets for their UK tour sold out in 5 minutes. Haven't seen them since 2009 in Manchester, which was one of their first 3D gigs and they only had it for about 3 songs, so should be good.

Seriously though why are 4 old german men on laptops selling out tours this fast 13 years since their last album. They must be loaded.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
I, against all the odds, managed to get one for Manchester on Ticketmaster after despairing over that gigsandtours site utterly collapsing. I'm pretty daaaamn excited!

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Managed to get two good seats to see Kraftwerk in Edinburgh at 10.07, but it was sold out like a minute later. They went so fast! (unlike Ralf Hutter on a bike these days I bet)

Loved the Manchester concert in 2009, so already excited for next June!

Godmachine
Sep 5, 2004

I am beyond God.
I am Human.
Anyone seen PIG on their current tour? I'm seeing them tonight in San Francisco and wanted to see if they still hold up.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Godmachine posted:

Anyone seen PIG on their current tour? I'm seeing them tonight in San Francisco and wanted to see if they still hold up.
I thought they were fantastic. I was worried going in, because I had watched some YouTube videos of a PIG tour that took place around 10 years ago and Watts looked like poo poo. But not this time. This sums up the current tour:

https://twitter.com/idie_youdie/status/779890992983912448

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Godmachine posted:

It was way better than I had dared to hope.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Godmachine posted:

They were incredible in Denver! Tiny venue but a good crowd with lots of energy. Hearing Watts, En Esch and Schulz blast through JJJ was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Wait a minute here. You all are telling me Watts is touring as Pig with En Esch and Schulz and Juke Joint Jezebel is on the set list?

Fuuck and I missed it. Never even heard of the Crowbar in Tampa

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Oct 3, 2016