Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

xzzy posted:

Make them drive a Cavalier, doesn't really matter what year because every single edition was a miserable car. Though the third gen was by far the worst.

They were cheap though, and had an American name, so people bought them in hordes.

They have those in Australia already.

InitialDave posted:

Even better, it's Australian dollars.

Not the American dollar value equivalent to AU$1500 (it's about US$1150), but actual Australian kangaroo money notes. Part of the challenge is finding a car lot sketchy enough to accept them (saying they're Canadian is allowed).

Roadkill made the post, so I'm pretty sure they mean American dollars.

The obvious answer is gonna be Mustang, but I like the idea of a Fox body - for added hilarity, make it a 4 cylinder.

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Sep 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

A fish bowl AMC pacer with the straight 6 would be fun, if only for the Wayne's world references.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Cakefool posted:

Force them to drive it? PT Cruiser.

i mean why even discuss it past this point

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Roadkill made the post, so I'm pretty sure they mean American dollars.
Do they not have humour where you come from or something?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I have an XJ I'll gladly sell them just to see it die a death it deserves on the show. I don't care if they give me loving canadian pesos or ZBW or AUD or what.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

kastein posted:

I have an XJ I'll gladly sell them just to see it die a death it deserves on the show. I don't care if they give me loving canadian pesos or ZBW or AUD or what.

Please let them come to your place, and can you act like that dude in the Buick episode?

"I guess I could sell you that XJ, if I wanted to"

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

You Am I posted:

Please let them come to your place, and can you act like that dude in the Buick episode?

"I guess I could sell you that XJ, if I wanted to"

Put the XJ in the bed of the 5 ton. Make them get it out.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

iwentdoodie posted:

Put the XJ in the bed of the 5 ton. Make them get it out.

Let's just cut the bed of the 5-ton, then we can flange it and Dzus it back on.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Crustashio posted:

i mean why even discuss it past this point

Are PT Cruisers priced that low?

Neon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Godholio posted:

Are PT Cruisers priced that low?

Neon.

You can get a "running" PT for like $600.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

scuz posted:

Fox body Mustang or AMC Eagle?

Clapped out trans am.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

InitialDave posted:

Do they not have humour where you come from or something?

I thought you were stating it as if it were fact.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

From the latest Roadkill Extra episode on MTOD, about Hot Rod Drag Week. It's a Chevelle SS 396 that was dragged out of a field and bought for $800, and then "slightly" modified.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It also trashed its rear end or something driving to the event.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BKuRai4h_D_/?taken-by=finnegan999&hl=en

Did this already get posted?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
What in the universe could that possibly do?

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
An earlier picture was posted with #boostcaboose and I think that's the car that used leaf blowers for forced induction so I'm hoping for an engine on a trailer making boost for the engine in the car.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
5 leafblowers didn't cut it, let's dedicate a whole 8-cylinder engine to just plain ol' BLOWIN'.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
I bet they route a big rear end hose from the outlet of that turbo over the top of the car into the intake.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

KozmoNaut posted:

From the latest Roadkill Extra episode on MTOD, about Hot Rod Drag Week. It's a Chevelle SS 396 that was dragged out of a field and bought for $800, and then "slightly" modified.

how the hell do you tune something like this?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Preoptopus posted:

how the hell do you tune something like this?
"Has it blown up yet?"
"No."
"Ok, wind the bleed valve open a bit more"

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

I'm disappointed by the lack of aux injectors spraying directly into the compressor inlets.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

HandlingByJebus posted:

I'm disappointed by the lack of aux injectors spraying directly into the compressor inlets.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
I'm more blown away that they found a fuckin' big block '69 Chevelle SS for $800. How the hell does that happen? Did they figure out how to time travel back to the 90s?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

There are more Chevelle SSes out there than ever rolled off the line.

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus
The engine is a full built unit they shiped from Australia for drag week. They ran the stock engine last year and was one of the slowest runners. Unsure on the drivetrain though.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

HandlingByJebus posted:

I'm disappointed by the lack of Nux injectors spraying directly into the compressor inlets.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I hope this counts as awesome. I tried mounting a camera for a POV shot thinking it'd be A) The wrong angle or B) Too unstable, but it turned out suprisingly well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOqDhRtqxOs

(Crosspost from dash cam and miatas)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It's, uh, a little presumptuous to post your own dashcam videos of a sunday drive in a thread full of pictures of engines blowing themselves apart with nitrous and turbines that take fifteen seconds to spool, don't you think? I mean it's fine and all but to me it's kind of a :geno:

There's not even any tire squeal. Pretty sure I could ride that faster on my motorcycle, and it has like 1/10 the contact patch.

Don't cross the double yellow.

Sadly this is just a thing. I have lots of helmet cam videos that were a total blast to film, but watching them afterwards they're kind of boring. Need the actual sensation for it to be interesting.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Sep 28, 2016

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat
I know that the Flyin' Miata LS3 ND has been discussed but this is the first video I have seen of it in action, doing an acceleration test https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hl9_PEFsfis

It looks, um... Fast

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Sagebrush posted:

Sadly this is just a thing. I have lots of helmet cam videos that were a total blast to film, but watching them afterwards they're kind of boring. Need the actual sensation for it to be interesting.

Lesson learned. it felt fast at the time.

the lesson is: buy more expensive tires, add horsepower, and drive fast enough to potentially die, and return to the thread in triumph!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Lesson learned. it felt fast at the time.

the lesson is: buy more expensive tires, add horsepower, and drive fast enough to potentially die, and return to the thread in triumph!

this will actually make it worse, don't do this

post trackday vids

Notax
May 14, 2014

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Wrong thread if only because that photo has been post-processed so much it looks like a lovely render.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

VikingSkull posted:

this will actually make it worse, don't do this

post trackday vids

k.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wTzG00CbrA

(I'm very happy at the end because I broke my own lap record by a significant margin)

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Love the Z4m thanks for posting.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

kastein posted:

Gonna say, I'd sell 'em my XJ for $1500 AUS, but they'd need to put half that into it to make it hoonable at least.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

HandlingByJebus posted:

k.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wTzG00CbrA

(I'm very happy at the end because I broke my own lap record by a significant margin)

man, that in the sun, uphill between 9 and 10 looks fun as hell

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Mcqueen posted:

This is the life I want for my e39 wagon when the engine finally grenades....perfect.

Don't worry, the poo poo plastics and rubber will disintegrate first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEi6BsV8Bpw
Witnessed