Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Chill Penguin posted:

Alolan Metapod evolves into Venomoth

As Arceus intended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

My mega charizard y named SUN'S OUT and my Lilligant named GUNS OUT are a real good battle maison doubles team and also my friends.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Okay. It has taken me a while to get the courage to ask this: Why is the gimmick phone called the Holo Caster? Why does the man who wants to kill everything that falls in his vision of lower class give you the holocast-er?

1) Because it's a Hologram Broadcaster.
2) Because he's using it to spy on you.
3) Because he thinks it's really important that you personally hear every stupid thing that comes out of his mouth. Does he just call you or is it a conference call or does he just spend his afternoons calling every holocaster owner in the region to let them know his opinion on ugliness.

Also, beyond being ridiculously villainous, Lysander's plan was just ummm....

Protagonist: Why are you doing this?
Lysandre: I must eliminate the selfish people of this world and create a Utopia for Team Flare and Team Flare alone.
Protagonist: What is the requirement to get into Team Flare again?
Lysandre: 5 Million Poke Dollars.
Protagonist: So everybody in Team Flare is so selfish that they'd pay 5 million poke dollars to rid the world of everybody who isn't them? This is the seed of the new utopia you plan on building?
Lysandre: ..
Protagonist: You know, just shush. I'm going to do you a favor and stop you now. You can thank me when you realize what an idiot you're being. Seriously this is the dumbest plan in the history of Pokemon and no I haven't forgotten about Team Aqua/Magma.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I believe he was trying to reference the Holocaust.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think it's called that because it casts holograms, personally

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Fire Poison Weezing with Levitate would be the cat's pajamas, but they'd probably gently caress it up by getting rid of levitate in favor of, idk, Pressure

white smoke

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Man remember when Team Aqua/Magma lacked the basic color recognition skills of a 3 year old?

At least ORAS changed it to them being able to tell red=Groudon and blue=Kyogre

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

ChrisBTY posted:

1) Because it's a Hologram Broadcaster.
2) Because he's using it to spy on you.
3) Because he thinks it's really important that you personally hear every stupid thing that comes out of his mouth. Does he just call you or is it a conference call or does he just spend his afternoons calling every holocaster owner in the region to let them know his opinion on ugliness.

Also, beyond being ridiculously villainous, Lysander's plan was just ummm....

Protagonist: Why are you doing this?
Lysandre: I must eliminate the selfish people of this world and create a Utopia for Team Flare and Team Flare alone.
Protagonist: What is the requirement to get into Team Flare again?
Lysandre: 5 Million Poke Dollars.
Protagonist: So everybody in Team Flare is so selfish that they'd pay 5 million poke dollars to rid the world of everybody who isn't them? This is the seed of the new utopia you plan on building?
Lysandre: ..
Protagonist: You know, just shush. I'm going to do you a favor and stop you now. You can thank me when you realize what an idiot you're being. Seriously this is the dumbest plan in the history of Pokemon and no I haven't forgotten about Team Aqua/Magma.

I wish somebody had said something like this in-game rather than trying to pretend that the genocidal maniac was a well-intentioned villain. He'd have been so much more tolerable if he'd have just owned up to his evil like his two predecessors.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

If you never got that Darkrai you had to go to Gamestop or wherever to get, you can get it now. Just stick DARKRAI20 in the code section bit on X/Y or ORAS.

And Alolan Geodude and friends should be made of pumice.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

McDragon posted:

If you never got that Darkrai you had to go to Gamestop or wherever to get, you can get it now. Just stick DARKRAI20 in the code section bit on X/Y or ORAS.

i don't know how pumice is different than regular ice but i could see it showing up where alohan sandshrew and ninetales are

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Bakalakadaka posted:

My mega charizard y named SUN'S OUT and my Lilligant named GUNS OUT are a real good battle maison doubles team and also my friends.
It is a god drat CRIME that other people can't see nicknames in online play. I love seeing just how much better/worse other people than me are at nicknames.

McDragon posted:

I wanna black obsidian Onix. :getin: a drat Heavy Ball son.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Zore posted:

I'd also personally exclude pokemon that got Evos in later gens (Lickitung, Tangela, Oddish (Bellossum is basically Johto-form Vileplume), Onix, Hitmonchan/Lee kinda, Rhydon, Magmar), pokemon that got retyped (Wigglytuff, Clefable, Mr. Mime) and ones with Mega-Evos (Beedrill, Pidgeot) an also the fossils.

Meaning this is the list I'd go with.

Ekans / Arbok
Nidoran / Nidorina / Nidoqueen
Nidoran / Nidorino / Nidoking
Venonat / Venomoth
Diglett / Dugtrio
Bellsprout / Weepinbell / Victreebel
Tentacool / Tentacruel
Geodude / Graveler / Golem
Ponyta / Rapidash
Farfetch'd
Doduo / Dodrio
Seel / Dewgong
Grimer / Muk
Krabby / Kingler
Voltorb / Electrode
Koffing / Weezing
Goldeen / Seaking
Jynx

Also I didn't think we'd seen Butterfree yet?

Of these, Koffing/Weezing, Goldeen/Seaking, Grimer/Muk, and ekans/Arbok I would love to see alolan forms. Goldeen/Seaking could be adapted to be faster saltwater pokemon (water/steel) this time around, Grimer/Muk could go lava or sand(Fire or Ground), Ekans/Arbok could become water type variants- Or even more boa constrictor by losing their poison typing (dark/steel)

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Lava Grimer/Muk seem like obvious ones and Electrode becoming rightfully Steel after all these years would be great.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I think the only snakes that could be native to Hawaii are sea snakes. Gaining the Water type is plausible but kind of boring. So maybe Dragon/Poison?

I kind of also want to see a Tentacool that got trapped in a freshwater lake where they became Water/Grass due to developing a symbiotic relationship with algae.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Zuzie posted:

I think the only snakes that could be native to Hawaii are sea snakes. Gaining the Water type is plausible but kind of boring. So maybe Dragon/Poison?

I kind of also want to see a Tentacool that got trapped in a freshwater lake where they became Water/Grass due to developing a symbiotic relationship with algae.

Tentanice, the caring tentacled lakemom/dad who uses their tentacles to pet the heads of up to 80 pokemon at once

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

OneDeadman posted:

Tentanice, the caring tentacled lakemom/dad who uses their tentacles to pet the heads of up to 80 pokemon at once

Or the alolan sun does something to the tentacruels gem and it become poison/psychic or poison/fairy if its moon version.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

oddium posted:

i don't know how pumice is different than regular ice but i could see it showing up where alohan sandshrew and ninetales are

Pumice is a kind of volcanic rock, my friend.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

think they're trying to get at is sandrew/vulpix could've gone rock instead of ice?

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

i used to clean toilets with pumice so i dont want it in my anime monster video game

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Pumice is actually really light (light enough to actually float in water) so an Alolan Geodude that's much lighter (and has a much higher speed) would be amusing to see.

Just imagine Golem as a fast special attacker!

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012
they should just make alolan corsola and be over with. Fire/water.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

i'm not trying to say he belongs there but if i saw a geodude floating in my toilet i would flush the thing down

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

OneDeadman posted:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Pumice is the 1st stage of the new dark/ice puma-based line

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Also, I'm waiting for my Alolan Spinarak, Wooper, Shiftry, Exploud, and Swalot :colbert:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

jarbv posted:

Also, I'm waiting for my Alolan Spinarak, Wooper, Shiftry, Exploud, and Swalot :colbert:

Haven't you heard? Pokemon past the first generation don't exist.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

jarbv posted:

We known that Ya Boy Guzma uses a regular old Ariados

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I want an Alolan Farfetch'd. He's my favorite and I want him to have something.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

oddium posted:

i hope you're on a stage so i can boo you off it

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Nowhere near as cools as Kingking, Mandude, or Mr. Choke.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

alolan milotic is even mORE beautiful

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
So I just got a 3ds and want to play a Pokemon game, the last one I played was red/blue on GB, should I get one of the ones that are already available or should I just wait till sun/moon comes out? got plenty of stuff to play until then if it would be better to wait

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

screaden posted:

So I just got a 3ds and want to play a Pokemon game, the last one I played was red/blue on GB, should I get one of the ones that are already available or should I just wait till sun/moon comes out? got plenty of stuff to play until then if it would be better to wait

Play X/Y while you wait for Sun/Moon.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

do you wanna play now or in november

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

Super No Vacancy posted:

You know what? Now. It came with yo Kai watch which doesn't quite scratch that itch

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

XY is OK, but if you're going to play it, do so before you touch ORAS because is feels half-finished in comparison.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, I'm happy I played through XY because it was good, but ORAS was definitely the higher quality experience.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
ORAS has some quality of life improvements but I wouldn't say it's the higher quality experience. RSE is just an older, worse set of games compared to XY and no amount of remake polish can hide that.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I want an Alolan Farfetch'd. He's my favorite and I want him to have something.

Sneak peak of an Alolan Farfetch'd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Golden Goat posted:

Sneak peak of an Alolan Farfetch'd:

actually an alolan farfetched has evolved to be made of spam