Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

GameCube posted:

gluten free and paleo are practically the same thing and paleo will make you buff as hell. my parents did paleo and now its really creepy how buff they are

Smythe posted:

Thinking about the buff mom and dad and our friend werthog (slouching, miserable, world-weary and his nongender bae sitting at the dinner table and I'm laughing. Werthog is the best poster in YOSPOS

Smythe posted:

Werthog so house poor he sits on a nearly completely disintegrated side-of-the-road couch in an otherwise empty room a block away from Tori. He stares dejectedly at the floor as his wife angrily fills an adult coloring book and his buff dad, shirtless and glistening with a fine sheen of saccharine sweat installs an in-window a/c unit.

Smythe posted:

Werthog wife screaming incoherently for no reason and weeping while he blankly stares into space as mom and dad do epic curls and overhead presses in the beautiful sun drenched foyer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Tetracube posted:

it's already exactly the same :suicide:

At least we have memories of the good old days...

http://www.trilulilu.ro/video-cum-sa/excuthmeladypt2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bdd74kLxgGo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlEc7SztdQg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAcZH8QnG84

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Meanwhile in QCS http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3791588

TenementFunster posted:

My many friends here on the Something Awful forums have informed me that long time absentee moderator Lincoln`s Wax has finally recognized that he is unable to control the illegality and barely-concealed racism that infects Something Awful subforum "The Firing Range" (TFR). TFR has been an example of how not to run a forum dealing with a deadly serious topic such as privately-owned firearms, not to mention the attendant toxic culture of paranoia and white supremacy that surrounds firearm "culture."

Indeed, TFR has allowed unsafe, irresponsible gun ownership to go unchallenged for over a decade. It would be futile to expect firearm owners to police themselves, as nearly all are riven by the aforementioned racial hatred, fanatical rejection of all personal responsibility in the name of the greater good, and the general antisocial mindset that is seen elsewhere on the Something Awful Forums. TFR serves as a sad reminder that an armed society is neither a polite nor a competent one.

These failures of moderation have manifested not only in the normalization of dangerous behavior bordering on sociopathy, but a literal trail of dead. TFR has gleefully and without basic inquiry given advice to spree killers such as William Freund and numerous members of the community who have used their guns to take their own lives. Worse still, Lincoln`s Wax frequently went out of his way to silence any voices of reason that stand up to this poisonous mix of antisocial behavior and fetishism for dangerous weapons. U.S. society finally appearing to open its eyes to the fundamentally danger nature of guns in the hands of reclusive and maladjusted private hands. Thus, continued negligence in the moderation of TFR will eventually expose The Something Awful Forums to civil or even criminal suit. The patients can no longer run the asylum.

With this in mind, I hope the current Something Awful Forums moderation team takes this opportunity to clean up after Lincoln`s Wax's sad tenure. On balance, Lincoln`s Wax behavior makes him the most infamous moderator in the history of The Something Awful Forums. After all, at least Aatrek didn't kill any kids.

Black Baby Goku posted:

gently caress you

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

quote:

After all, at least Aatrek didn't kill any kids

Holy moley

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
That moment when you want to say a lovely thing but afraid it would be poo poo on so you puke up a bunch of words in an attempt to justify it and create false context

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tetracube posted:

it's already exactly the same :suicide:
Did you expect an instant transformation the first day it came back?

If you want GBS to be better, go post in GBS, Dr. Self-Fulfilling-Prophecy.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

There's only one way to make GBS better.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
We can only take it out back behind the shed so many times before we run out of shotgun shells though

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

The Lone Badger posted:

There's only one way to make GBS better.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

FactsAreUseless posted:

He's not interested in things like facts, he just wants to proclaim how great and correct he is because he Doesn't Like GBS.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
GBS is actually pretty good. There are fun and creative threads, and just funny nonsense. I wouldn't say anything has changed, but it's just my perception. And this was my hot take.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

He's not interested in things like facts
Why should he be? They are, I'm told, useless.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Paladinus posted:

GBS is actually pretty good. There are fun and creative threads, and just funny nonsense. I wouldn't say anything has changed, but it's just my perception. And this was my hot take.
it's better than PYF but it has a problem in that it's where terminally unfunny ppl go to audition to be funny

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

it's better than PYF but it has a problem in that it's where terminally unfunny ppl go to audition to be funny

Isn't that the case with everyone on S.A.?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Samovar posted:

It is not. Please don't be disrespectful to SA.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone know where the quote is that was a gif from Batman vs Superman about the look on Bruce's face being a man who's just seen a god? The expression on his face cracks me up and I can't find it.

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

Samovar posted:

Nah, in D&D they're terminally earnest.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Everyone has to start somewhere.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh well played mister admin however i am on to you

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 22:56 on Sep 28, 2016

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Of course GBS hasn't changed, the forums closed but the posters that posted there remained, so why would it change.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

GBS

GBS never changes.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Hopefully a clearer ruleset and more consistent moderation will allow GBS to flourish as a comedy forum rather than an unfunny circlejerk for badposters and bigotry.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I just don't feel it's worth it to commit a vast and unpleasant amount of time and effort in the cesspool of GBS in order to personally improve it by a negligible amount :shrug:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Some causes are worth fighting for.

Send in the clowns captain.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Tetracube posted:

I just don't feel it's worth it to commit a vast and unpleasant amount of time and effort in the cesspool of GBS in order to personally improve it by a negligible amount :shrug:

that's not the attitude of a Posting Hero, friend

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Snooze Cruise posted:

Some causes are worth fighting for.

Send in the clowns captain.

No thanks, there are enough people posting Crusty.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

I vow to never be funny.

You can quote me on this.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The trick is to never have been funny in the first place. SA is smooth sailing if you've got that down.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

This hurts me.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Tetracube posted:

Is this a metaphor for voting?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I reckon neo GBS is a honeypot and anyone who posts there will be banned. It's what I'd do.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tetracube posted:

"A vast and unpleasant amount of time and effort in the cesspool of GBS in order to personally improve it by a negligible amount" is what I'm doing. All I'm asking from you, and every other non-GBS poster on the forums, is that you go make some posts there, or post a thread or something. GBS shouldn't be a byword for bad posting, but refusing to post there to improve it because "GBS is bad" is just circular logic.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dabir posted:

I reckon neo GBS is a honeypot and anyone who posts there will be banned. It's what I'd do.
Yeah, but here's the thing: that would be a really loving stupid thing to do, so it isn't.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

if you had waited to roll out GBS 3.0 on Saturday I'd actually have time to sit down and make some photoshops >: (

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Didn't this used to be a thread for quotes, anyway

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Crocoswine posted:

if you had waited to roll out GBS 3.0 on Saturday I'd actually have time to sit down and make some photoshops >: (
Then do it this weekend. We deliberately launched during a work day so things would be more manageable in the initial rush.

There's no requirement that every new poster and all the new content show up in the first two days.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Bert Roberge posted:

I vow to never be funny.

You can quote me on this.

I vow to goof off and eat candy.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I like you FactsAreUseless. You are a good admin.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

"A vast and unpleasant amount of time and effort in the cesspool of GBS in order to personally improve it by a negligible amount" is what I'm doing. All I'm asking from you, and every other non-GBS poster on the forums, is that you go make some posts there, or post a thread or something. GBS shouldn't be a byword for bad posting, but refusing to post there to improve it because "GBS is bad" is just circular logic.
'if you don't like poo poo forum you should go post in poo poo forum you don't like' is a pretty hard sell dude, especially when you frame it like some kind of goon civic duty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Saint Drogo posted:

'if you don't like poo poo forum you should go post in poo poo forum you don't like' is a pretty hard sell dude, especially when you frame it like some kind of goon civic duty.
Sure, but that was the point of the reboot. What I'm saying is that we're making GBS better. I want people to come help do that. Just new rules and more mod attention isn't enough to do that. Come post in GBS because it's the place on the forums everyone should come together to make jokes and post photoshops and opinions about TV shows and pictures of the county fair.