Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which was more embarrassing?
This poll is closed.
The Debate 32 14.81%
MNF 8 3.70%
Donald's Hair 12 5.56%
Six Pickspatrick 48 22.22%
The Texans 50 23.15%
Whatever's about to happen to the Bills. 37 17.13%
Print the Shirts 29 13.43%
Total: 216 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Or Bon Jovi...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Hot Diggity! posted:

Pats shirt should have been Converge

No Heroes?

I could see it.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

CyberPingu posted:

Or Bon Jovi...

Bon Jovi rules

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
a) the Trampled By Turtles shirt is loving awesome
b) god damnit can we just move past the Dropkick Murphies already gaaaawd. Like just slap a Charles Ives print on there or something, gently caress.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

a) the Trampled By Turtles shirt is loving awesome
b) god damnit can we just move past the Dropkick Murphies already gaaaawd. Like just slap a Charles Ives print on there or something, gently caress.

"trampled by turtles" is not a good phrase for a football team. A good band, but a bad phrase

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

blue squares posted:

"trampled by turtles" is not a good phrase for a football team. A good band, but a bad phrase

Well the Vikings DID give up five 100-yard games to a 270 pound green guy over the past 3 years soooo

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

New England beat reporters and Rex Ryan: an exchange of professionals.

quote:

Q: Rex, another thing you say a lot is that you refer to yourself as an above-average coach, but you look at Bill Belichick's winning percentage against everybody else and against you, and it's higher against you. Can those two things make sense to you that you're an above-average coach but the record doesn't really say that?

A: Yeah, well, I don't know. I guess that's the way it is. You guys would know better than me.

Q: Rex, your thoughts on Tyrod Taylor? I think earlier in the week, Matt Patricia was explaining how complex your run game is, and I'm wondering if you're impressed with the way Tyrod Taylor has handled that and how effective it's been.

A: Above-average quarterback. Go ahead, you guys can — just fill in the blanks, whatever you want to say. Above-average quarterback.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Of all the cool rear end rappers they could have picked they went with loving LeCrae for the Falcons?

Hell yeah nothing says Falcons 4 Lyle quite like a Christian rapper

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
OutKast was sitting right there

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Yeah I don't know how you pass up Outkast for Atlanta. That poo poo is embarrassing.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Of all the cool rear end rappers they could have picked they went with loving LeCrae for the Falcons?

Hell yeah nothing says Falcons 4 Lyle quite like a Christian rapper

*looks at Matt Ryan*

Yeah, I guess it works.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Boston could have done the Pixies but of course they'd look past one of the most influential bands of the last 40 years to embrace faux Irish pride

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Maybe Outkast didnt want to be associated with a franchise that has been slowly fading away like Marty McFly since Vick left

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/bburkeESPN/status/781500265769951232

Chances to make the playoffs along with the impact of this week's game.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Field Mousepad posted:

Yeah I don't know how you pass up Outkast for Atlanta. That poo poo is embarrassing.

Same for Ludacris. Shameful.

I liked NO's pick but it woulda been funny to have MasterP, Juvenile or Mystikal or even just No Limit Records or something on it also.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I don't see Pixies and some of the other suggestions working out a deal with the NFL

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Athanatos posted:

Maybe Outkast didnt want to be associated with a franchise that has been slowly fading away like Marty McFly since Vick left

This isn't at all accurate. The 5 years after Vick left were the most successful stretch in franchise history.

Props on the Back to the Future reference, though. :respek:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Does anyone know where I can find weekly offense team stats?

Like this

but weekly.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

CyberPingu posted:

Or Bon Jovi...

Bon Jovi should have been the Bills just to piss the entire fanbase off again.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Cavauro posted:

I don't see Pixies and some of the other suggestions working out a deal with the NFL

You think Rage Against the Machine wouldn't want to be associated with the Rams? :ohdear:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

CyberPingu posted:

Or Bon Jovi...

Bon Jovi is more of a Jersey guy.

I mean, he had that whole album and everything.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

NC-17 posted:

Bon Jovi is more of a Jersey guy.

I mean, he had that whole album and everything.

Dont the Pats use one of his songs as a TD anthem, and he constantly appears at Pats games?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Matt Ryan's current stat line is loving nuts.

119 passer rating on the season.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

We are flying too close to the sun, Chili.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

CyberPingu posted:

Dont the Pats use one of his songs as a TD anthem, and he constantly appears at Pats games?

Correct, "This is our house" is the Patriots TD anthem.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

weird Asian candy posted:

We are flying too close to the sun, Chili.

Which of you two was all upset that someone called Matt Ryan good in the QB thread?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Grittybeard posted:

Which of you two was all upset that someone called Matt Ryan good in the QB thread?

Not I...but now I need to go find it lol

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

ice cold horchata posted:

https://twitter.com/bburkeESPN/status/781500265769951232

I looked at this list about 3 times trying to find the eagles. Then I realized I am a moron.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

Your upcoming schedule is... unfriendly.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chichevache posted:

Your upcoming schedule is... unfriendly.

NFC Player of the Month don't currrr :colbert:

(Don't) Wake me up when September ends :(

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ice cold horchata posted:

I wouldn't have guessed the Vikings would be sitting so pretty here. I can understand why, they already have one win over Green Bay and the rest of the division is...shall we politely say questionable. Still possibly being in the 90% range after Sunday makes my brain balk at something.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Grittybeard posted:

I wouldn't have guessed the Vikings would be sitting so pretty here. I can understand why, they already have one win over Green Bay and the rest of the division is...shall we politely say questionable. Still possibly being in the 90% range after Sunday makes my brain balk at something.

the bears being that low is hilarious

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Well, like all statistics it becomes complete garbage that no one cares about if their chances were 90% this week and down to 20% by week 15. It's still hard to get excited about these things.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

Browns at .4% not even 1/4 through the season :stare:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Matt Ryan is good in the same way plain white bread is good.

mastershakeman posted:

I'd be shocked if the Bears somehow got 3 wins this season. Hell, they'll lose to the Jags

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I just realized that this is the week TNF isn't on CBS or Twitter Thanks a loving Lot NFL

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I just realized that this is the week TNF isn't on CBS or Twitter Thanks a loving Lot NFL

Doesn't it still have to be on CBS in local markets though?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

huh. Well, I guess I'll just watch it online then. I hate the stupid NFL network only games. No one wants your lovely network.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Athanatos posted:

Matt Ryan is good in the same way plain white bread is good.

Yes, congrats on coming up with that joke from 2012 all on your own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Only on NFL Network! Remember NFL network? We are still here guys! Thursday Night games! HUGE GAMES! Guys? We got real football tonight...you probably get our channel...buried somewhere in your cable package. Guys?

weird Asian candy posted:

Yes, congrats on coming up with that joke from 2012 all on your own

It wasnt a joke

• Locked thread