Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I know specifics are a Liberal conspiracy but what, exactly, was Hillary signalling to Holt?

*complicated series of hand gestures (IE finger tapping without the "aggressive" and "impatient" actual tapping motion)* "Hey...Holt...tell...him...he's...over...his...time...heh...heh...heh"

quote:

An inspection team, from EACH candidate’s side, should be able to come on stage and inspect the opposing candidate’s podium/lectern, just moments before the debate starts. Each team could include a techie to inspect any electronic gear.
Candidates should also be “wanded” for electronic gear, as they climb on stage.
Yes, it’s gotten that bad, sigh...
22 posted on 9/29/2016, 7:31:24 AM by moovova
"Can you believe the Republican inspector was a Democratic plant who claimed to have found nothing all along?? What we need is a Republican inspector inspector to inspect the inspector."

quote:

And his ex-wife, Jane, just died in a car crash.....hmmmm.
17 posted on 9/29/2016, 6:56:25 AM by Ann Archy (Abortion....... The HUMAN Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)
This is totally unrelated here but didn't Trump threaten to bring Gennifer Flowers to the debate? Unrelated of course. Go back to talking about Clinton murdering the ex-wife of a janitor because he could potentially harm her ambitions.

Duke Igthorn fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

McGlockenshire posted:

Despite voting almost straight Democrat my entire life, I avoided registering as one. This is the first year I've ever registered so I could vote in the primary.

Same. I've voted nothing but Democrat, but I was a registered Republican from my dumb college libertarian phase until I registered Democrat for the primaries this year.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I've been a lifelong Democrat and registered R this year to vote in primary.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Freepers: Blame the poles

Duke Igthorn posted:

This is totally unrelated here but didn't Trump threaten to bring Gennifer Flowers to the debate? Unrelated of course. Go back to talking about Clinton murdering the ex-wife of a janitor because he could potentially harm her ambitions.

Yes. Yes he did. I'm sure he thought this was a great idea that would win him the debate and land the biggest sick burn on Hillary that ever burned. "Your husband slept with other women! Haw haw!" And I'm just as sure that his female campaign manager squashed the poo poo out of the idea. Man I'd love to hear the phone conversations and read the text messages that Conway has gotten on her phone in the last month. :allears:

Also, freep has learned nothing at all about unskewing, it's amazing. The tendency to do it is completely understandable, it's just a very specific manifestation of the universal human drive to engage in denial or self deception over bad news. One almost finds oneself starting to do it almost by reflex when you see discouraging polls about your candidate. But the key is to recognize the tendency and how counterproductive it is and stop doing it.

For your enjoyment, one more time and in preparation for November:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk3iRYqtpJg

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?
FReeper Dale Reed has passed away

:freep: :rip: :freep:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Oh god. I'm actually kind of sad to see that.

Hope the old rage golem is finally at peace.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Son of a bitch I actually "oh no"ed out loud.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

He lied down in the street, I guess.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Oh noooo.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

:smith:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The end of an era

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Honestly, would he had lived after this election? Better to die thinking Trump wins than to die in a world with a female democrat president for a Freeper.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Wonder what will happen to Freep now, without their head strongman who extorted all of them to line his own bank account while saying it's just to keep the server running.

Clunk Tap It
May 1, 2014

quote:

Posted on 9/29/2016, 4:45:27 PM by Jim Robinson

Received a message from his wife that Dale Reed has passed away. Dale was a long-term conservative activist and a FReeper since nearly the beginning of Free Republic. He was one of the founding members of our Southern California Chapter. Dale and his wife and several members from Southern California were present at the 1998 picnic and meeting in Fresno where our activism efforts through chapters were basically born.

Dale was a good man, a patriot and great supporter of FR and our conservative activism efforts and will be greatly missed.

Prayers for his wife and family.

May his soul rest in peace.

God bless.

To: Jim Robinson

I knew him personally. Not at all the gruff person he portrayed but a big old Teddy Bear at heart. God bless his wife and family.

15 posted on 9/29/2016, 4:50:12 PM by Graybeard58 (Bill and Hillary Clinton are the penicillin-resistant syphilis of our political system.)

Thank you for letting us know.

I had noticed that he had not been around for a while.
16 posted on 9/29/2016, 4:50:53 PM by Harmless Teddy Bear (Not a Romantic, not a hero worshiper and stop trying to tug my heartstrings. It tickles!)

I never knew the song Teddy Bears' Picnic was actually about far-right political activism!

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Wow. Did Dale Reed ever weigh in on Trump? Trump seems like the most Dale Reed of candidates. Then again Dale probably had bigger fish to fry than this election if he was getting sick this year.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Cythereal posted:

Wonder what will happen to Freep now, without their head strongman who extorted all of them to line his own bank account while saying it's just to keep the server running.

Hm? Are you thinking of Jim Robinson?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I unironically think we should change the thread title to honor that old greasefire.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Seconded. Dale Reed passed because he was too good for this world in which Donald Trump is the Republican nominee.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

McGlockenshire posted:

I forget exactly when this one was, but it was around the time he laid down something stupid like the temperament comment. That's the "do you believe this poo poo" stare.

quote:

To: Jack Black

FREEZE..?

28 posted on 9/28/2016, 6:26:05 PM by gaijin

"and then everyone knew i won the debate because i left her totally speechless and she had no response" - Donald Trump, probably.

It's like every Freeper argument ever.

Sad to hear about Dale Reed, though. At least you knew he was a hateful gently caress, and he made no bones to hide it.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I think we should make some kind of hateful clip show of the best of Dale Reed. We will miss him!

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

You will be missed, freeper dalereed.

I agree we need a title change. This is a new era of freep.

I guess we'll never know this for sure, but

quote:

I knew him personally. Not at all the gruff person he portrayed but a big old Teddy Bear at heart. God bless his wife and family.

15 posted on 9/29/2016, 2:50:12 PM by Graybeard58 (Bill and Hillary Clinton are the penicillin-resistant syphilis of our political system.)

But on the other hand,

quote:

Dale Reed was a true unhinged crank in the best sense. A grumpy malcontent whose short one-sentence posts cut straight to the point.

RIP Mr. Reed. You will be missed.

28 posted on 9/29/2016, 2:55:36 PM by Drew68

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

WrenP-Complete posted:

I think we should make some kind of hateful clip show of the best of Dale Reed. We will miss him!

Isn't that what is in the OP?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

I legit did not think I'd see this day; I just figured he was going to hang on out of spite until President Trump decided to blow up the planet.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
To honor Dale Reed's memory, I have decided to drink a gallon of whole milk tomorrow, as he did every day of his life. Also, to drink a really tiny beer, as I do not have the size required to make a regular can seem small in my colossal mitts.

Yes I know it was a pack of smokes but my grieving process involves remembering that picture as we initially interpreted it.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Zwabu posted:

Wow. Did Dale Reed ever weigh in on Trump?

quote:

To: ObozoMustGo2012

Trump is the ony one left with any brains or guts.

132 posted on 1/4/2016, 11:49:05 AM by dalereed

He was very, very pro-Trump... unless Trump nominated Rubio or Chris Christie for VP in which case he said he'd withhold his Presidential vote this year.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
/\ Don't forget to trick out your hot rod.

Just...well poo poo this is something.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It's like my very own distant racist uncle has passed.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

I feel that I must go lay down in the street and die now.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

:smith: Goodbye Dale, you're hating on with the angels now.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Dale Reed's final post posted:

In every other country in the world, all participants in anything contraversatly in an accident or illegal is guilty until proved innocent.

When I crashed my airplane in Mexico I was held under house arrest for three weeks and all my passengers for a little over a week.

Shine on you crazy diamond

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
I usually lurk and don't post. But I'm genuinely saddened by this. I saw him as less genuinely terrible then many posters on Free Republic and liked his reminiscing for the good old days of hot rods and loose women. He was still terrible though.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Dale Reed was a miserable old rear end in a top hat but he was an honest miserable old rear end in a top hat and for that he has my respect.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Neo_Crimson posted:

I unironically think we should change the thread title to honor that old greasefire.

My favorite Dalereed post has to be the lightly redacted one of "Guess What Dalereed Hates Today!"

Never trust a man who wears a hat

Which... actually achieves a certain amount of poignancy in the age of Trump.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Night10194 posted:

It's like my very own distant racist uncle has passed.

Exactly how I feel. I...feel strangely disquieted by this news.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Don't feel too bad, as long as the freep thread exists he will always live on in our hearts :unsmith:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Until proven otherwise I will believe that Dale Reed passed in the way he always wanted to, by laying down in the street and dying.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Jay Rust posted:

Hm? Are you thinking of Jim Robinson?

Oh, got one hateful old gently caress confused for another.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Duke Igthorn posted:

I know specifics are a Liberal conspiracy but what, exactly, was Hillary signalling to Holt?

*complicated series of hand gestures (IE finger tapping without the "aggressive" and "impatient" actual tapping motion)* "Hey...Holt...tell...him...he's...over...his...time...heh...heh...heh"

"Can you believe the Republican inspector was a Democratic plant who claimed to have found nothing all along?? What we need is a Republican inspector inspector to inspect the inspector."

Yeah, can't see them finding issues with this. "They sabotaged his side when they were "inspecting" it". No, your candidate is just a human pile of poo poo

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

He's telling that bleeding heart Jesus to stuff it, now. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Mantis42 posted:

He's telling that bleeding heart Jesus to stuff it, now. :unsmith:

You can take these wings and halo and cram them up your rear end!!!