Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

What's this?

A wild Evolve Z4M airbox has hatched.

:unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I have the biggest girl-boner for the Fiero, turbos, and LS engines.
:shlick:

(It's a dream project car for me, not going to lie)

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Pop up headlights, mid engined, pop up headlights, turbo, pop up headlights, LS engine, and pop up headlights? Basically perfection.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Guys I'm pretty sure that's a Lamborghini.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

HandlingByJebus posted:

What's this?

A wild Evolve Z4M airbox has hatched.

:unsmigghh:

loving A. Videos are required.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

SuperDucky posted:

loving A. Videos are required.

They will exist. I'm waiting on the Schrick high-duration cams first, though.

:getin:

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Galler posted:

Pop up headlights, mid engined, pop up headlights, turbo, pop up headlights, 3SGE engine, and pop up headlights? Basically perfection.

sw supremacy

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

HandlingByJebus posted:

They will exist. I'm waiting on the Schrick high-duration cams first, though.

:getin:

Man, that's going to be loving awesome :)

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Mid engined, Ford GT V8 Ford Five Hundred

:stonk:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Finger Prince posted:

Guys I'm pretty sure that's a Lamborghini.

I'd say it isn't on fire, but it is a fiero.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Top Hats Monthly posted:

christ this poo poo is loving ugly

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Top Hats Monthly posted:

lol at the stripes

lol at the wannabe mustang fog lights (placed in the air intake)

lol at the "aero" kit

lol at everything.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Oh, it's made by community college students.

I'd feel bad but nah, it's still ugly as hell.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Don't forget the jpeg artifacts and random vignetting.

Basically: wrong thread.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Sorry but a dumpy fwd sedan converted into a mid engine rwd V8 monster is loving awesome. Yeah they made a few poor design choices aesthetically, who loving cares. Everyone saying "wrong thread" because of some paint stripes needs to gently caress off out of AI.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Since when did aesthetics trump functionality in AI?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Terrible Robot posted:

Sorry but a dumpy fwd sedan converted into a mid engine rwd V8 monster is loving awesome. Yeah they made a few poor design choices aesthetically, who loving cares. Everyone saying "wrong thread" because of some paint stripes needs to gently caress off out of AI.

Seriously.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

And gently caress, a community college project car that (apparently) runs and drives is a miracle unto itself. My old school had a rail dragster that was perpetually taking up one of the racks, engineless; last I heard they were sticking a junk Ford 4.6 in there for display only.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

We've just been spoiled by a lot of epic shop builds lately. The bar has been raised.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

xzzy posted:

We've just been spoiled by a lot of epic shop builds lately. The bar has been raised.

That doesn't mean we should beat people with the bar when their awesome stuff doesn't have same level of polish.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
make a new thread with lower standards for cool poo poo :colbert:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

BraveUlysses posted:

make a new thread with lower standards for cool poo poo :colbert:

Go gently caress yourself.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
It's not a "dumpy FWD sedan" converted into anything. It's a Ford GT with a really lovely bodykit.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Terrible Robot posted:

Someone needs to post that mid-engine Metro now that competes in LeMons.

Also the first car to win all three classes and the IoE.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Terrible Robot posted:

Go gently caress yourself.

:allears:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Q_res posted:

It's not a "dumpy FWD sedan" converted into anything. It's a Ford GT with a really lovely bodykit.

no, it's a ford five hundred with a ford GT engine

how long has it been since you looked at a ford GT

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Holy poo poo y'all I apologize

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

For the record we used to have two threads and it became a huge shitshow with people constantly posting the same thing to both threads or arguments about which thread exactly a car belonged in and it cluttered up the first page. We consolidated them both into this thread as a catch-all for all things automotive and awesome.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Stfu and post cars.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Post awesome AI car poo poo: go gently caress yourself.

Here's a 70s as gently caress datsun with a supercharged 383 stroker.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

https://www.facebook.com/setramotorsport/videos/1228296490527167/

Door flying off at 280kph (174 mph)

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Terrible Robot posted:

For the record we used to have two threads and it became a huge shitshow with people constantly posting the same thing to both threads or arguments about which thread exactly a car belonged in and it cluttered up the first page. We consolidated them both into this thread as a catch-all for all things automotive and awesome.

Nah, what happened is people bitched so it got split into two different threads, more arguing happened, the other thread died, and everyone forgot about it. Here we are again.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

I miss the cell phone pics thread. A lot of my pics don't really qualify as awesome, just kinda neat, rare, or odd. There are some strange things vehicles around the Bay Area still being used as daily drivers.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Love the "well gently caress it, guess I keep driving" reaction. Even though the pit lane is just up and around the corner so maybe that was the thinking.

Or do you have to do a full lap of the GP track to get to the pit entry?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

xzzy posted:

Love the "well gently caress it, guess I keep driving" reaction. Even though the pit lane is just up and around the corner so maybe that was the thinking.

Or do you have to do a full lap of the GP track to get to the pit entry?

Pretty sure it was at DN so you have to drive round either to the gp circuit back straight or pull off about a third of the way up that straight where he'd passed. Depending on which layout they're running. I want to see video from the Porsche haha.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Takes some balls to drive 174mph in a car with a door that's visibly and audibly about to fall off, I guess.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ether Frenzy posted:

Takes some balls to drive 174mph in a car with a door that's visibly and audibly about to fall off, I guess.

Pretty sure that was TVR's tag line on the brochure.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Bape Culture posted:

Stfu and post cars.

Loogit that snail :staredog:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Alaois posted:

no, it's a ford five hundred with a ford GT engine

how long has it been since you looked at a ford GT

No, I remember reading the article when that car was built, The chassis and everything underneath the body panels is 100% Ford GT. Everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Loogit that snail :staredog:

That's also a 2JZ and not an S54