Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

THE CHORSE posted:

I fixed your obvious typo, because

im talkin more about how it stretches on things like Vlad's Helmet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Error + Brown/Brown + Vertical Split on Rasmus = Beauty.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Manuel Calavera posted:

Error + Brown/Brown + Vertical Split on Rasmus = Beauty.

I have this, it's pretty good.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

It's apparently been a very long time since I last played; what's a good replacement for Hoxhud, now that it's been out of fashion for.... two years (?!?)? I liked the various little addons to trade in mods and such, but the quality of life stuff is probably most important.

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF

spit on my clit posted:

im talkin more about how it stretches on things like Vlad's Helmet

Those masks loving rule, though... :confused:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Shlomo Palestein posted:

It's apparently been a very long time since I last played; what's a good replacement for Hoxhud, now that it's been out of fashion for.... two years (?!?)? I liked the various little addons to trade in mods and such, but the quality of life stuff is probably most important.

goonmod does the qol functional stuff, pocohud does the ui stuff

both are much easier to work with than hox ever was.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Shlomo Palestein posted:

A lot of good functionality has been brought into the base game because Wilko is cool and good. The two HUD mods which actually work (because Hoxhud still doesn't heh) are Pocohud and Hudlist. Both of them will take some configuration time before you start using them, though it shouldn't be too bad; they're much better than what you're used to :v:

Goonmod is also still worth your time; brighter lasers and hold-to-interact are worth the price of admission alone, much less Gage Coins. At present, you'll need to comment out one line from one of Goonmod's lua files to avoid host crashing until an update gets pushed out. See ClonedPickle's post.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
what i'd really like from goonmod is the option to purchase mods/mask stuff in bulk

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
MS paint.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Jesus are we really still like ten days out from this?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
7 days remain until we even begin to have real website updates, and witness the first content release to occur on a Friday instead of a Thursday?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Plan Z posted:

Jesus are we really still like ten days out from this?

safehouse customization is a BIG DEAL!

I don't blame Overkill for this because the pubbies demanded it so they provided, generally a cool and good thing to do. That said: it is kinda amusing to me that they've been on vacation or otherwise not releasing heist content for an unusually long stretch of time, and now we're getting Safehouse stuff, which will provide...no new heist content (probably?)

in conclusion: Overkill when do I get to heist the loving drill factory that is, in fact, run by the cops???

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Yep, you heard him right. Vlad is serious. We go into the mall, we destroy as much as we can. Enough destruction and the client will rethink his whole stance on protection money. Dirty job but you like getting dirty, right?

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

look at this noob with a steel ball instead of a grenade launcher

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

chairface posted:

look at this noob with a steel ball instead of a grenade launcher

Would buy a Rollerball-themed heist day one.

Or a Phantasm-themed one.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I would day one buy a Phantasm DLC, so long as it included guided, blood-draining spike ball throwables and a homemade quad barrel shotgun with the barrels sawed diagonally to maximize spray. You heist a good cocaine, boooooy :getin:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

$25,000 dollars, keep going

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
There's some new e-mails on the FBI files site - looks like the DHS is getting involved. Dunno if that means we're getting a new special, a new difficulty with DHS enemies instead of FBI, or just some dumb lore, but oh boy foreshadowing.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

ClonedPickle posted:

There's some new e-mails on the FBI files site - looks like the DHS is getting involved. Dunno if that means we're getting a new special, a new difficulty with DHS enemies instead of FBI, or just some dumb lore, but oh boy foreshadowing.

Thanks for the headsup!

Heh, John P Jones is apparently the guy whose password was iheartrainbows44.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 30, 2016

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

ClonedPickle posted:

If DHS is involved I wanna assume it has to do with the loving boatloads of meth we make on a daily basis. HUD can't be too happy with what we keep doing to houses.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

John Dyne posted:

If DHS is involved I wanna assume it has to do with the loving boatloads of meth we make on a daily basis. HUD can't be too happy with what we keep doing to houses.

i would imagine the nukes would probably be a good reason to look into the payday gang

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

DoombatINC posted:

I would day one buy a Phantasm DLC, so long as it included guided, blood-draining spike ball throwables and a homemade quad barrel shotgun with the barrels sawed diagonally to maximize spray. You heist a good cocaine, boooooy :getin:

Too bad Angus Scrimm is dead. Tall Man would be a fun Halloween Contractor, but at least maybe we could get some Goblin style music from the job. Oh well, maybe Brad Dourif could do his Chucky voice?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Afraid of Audio posted:

i would imagine the nukes would probably be a good reason to look into the payday gang

turns out they're really pissed about the silently disappearing money out of ATMs in Four Stores.

who knew?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

Thanks for the headsup!

Heh, John P Jones is apparently the guy whose password was iheartrainbows44.

Well, the dude did play bass and keys in one of the most fantastic bands ever, you can't expect him to be an expert on network security

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Psion posted:

turns out they're really pissed about the silently disappearing money out of ATMs in Four Stores.

who knew?

actually its because twitch illegally parked one time

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Afraid of Audio posted:

As far as I'm aware the DHS doesn't technically look much into terroristic acts.

Next heist will show us the beginnings of the Payday gang, where they fraudulently signed up for WIC cards and used them to buy baby food that they sold for cash. They also buy lobster and steak in front of the Elephant.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Here is my idea for a pure melee build

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

My flamethrower build is almost exactly the same as that, save switching pumping iron for bloodthirst.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

spit on my clit posted:

No.

Drop literally all of that garbage in Relentless. It's not going to do anything productive for you. Drop Hardware Expert, too. Take Die Hard. Use Anarchist instead of Sociopath. Switch to an Anarchist suit build instead of ICTV. You'll have the same amount of armor plus a bit of dodge if you take the right skills. That gets you up into cops' faces a lot faster, and lets you pull out of danger a lot faster.

Something like this, basically.

P.S. Excellent namechange.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Do melee headshots even trigger Bullseye? Also, doesn't Second Wind with Anarchist not work at all?

Here is my bad build for bad laughs. Substitute for Second Wind Ace for Optical Illusions Basic and Forced Friendship for peak terrible.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

spit on my clit posted:

maswastaken posted:

Do melee headshots even trigger Bullseye? Also, doesn't Second Wind with Anarchist not work at all?

Bullseye is only triggered by a headshot with bullet or fire damage. Throwables like the playing cards do count as bullet damage, but you'd never activate it with melee weapons.

Melee "headshots" have no special properties afaik.

Bloodthirst basic is only triggered on non-melee damage.

Second Wind is completely disabled on Anarchist. You can benefit when someone else triggers their Second Wind ace but you yourself should not sink any points into it if you can avoid it.

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!

Dr Cheeto posted:

Patch notes!

*Fixed an issue with the Unseen Strike timer never running out

Unseen Strike maybe actually working is good news. I don't know how often I could keep it active but I'm going to throw together a lovely sniper build and see how it goes.

I'm unsure if Unseen Strike works at all. With Additional PocoHUD trackers on, there's an option to have it display your critical chance. With Low Blow and Unseen Strike Aced, with 3 detection I should have 65% critical chance for several seconds. But the 65% only shows for the first 2-3 seconds of a map, then it never activates again. Only the Low Blow critical percentage stays.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Daryl Surat posted:

I'm unsure if Unseen Strike works at all. With Additional PocoHUD trackers on, there's an option to have it display your critical chance. With Low Blow and Unseen Strike Aced, with 3 detection I should have 65% critical chance for several seconds. But the 65% only shows for the first 2-3 seconds of a map, then it never activates again. Only the Low Blow critical percentage stays.

The way it works now, after 4 seconds of not getting damaged the buff activates for 6 or 18 seconds depending on if you aced it or not. After the buff ends, you need to take damage again to start the 4-second no-damage timer. After that timer successfully runs down then you get the buff again. Taking damage while the buff is active ends the buff prematurely as well as starting the 4-second no-damage timer.

Yes, this is an rear end-backwards way of doing things and I'm sure it was not intended to work this way. In my humble opinion it is not useful in the current state.

edit: ahaha holy poo poo the one saw skin can't be equipped on secondary saws. This is a known issue they can't fix!

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 1, 2016

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

The way it works now, after 4 seconds of not getting damaged the buff activates for 6 or 18 seconds depending on if you aced it or not. After the buff ends, you need to take damage again to start the 4-second no-damage timer. After that timer successfully runs down then you get the buff again. Taking damage while the buff is active ends the buff prematurely as well as starting the 4-second no-damage timer.

Yes, this is an rear end-backwards way of doing things and I'm sure it was not intended to work this way. In my humble opinion it is not useful in the current state.

Holy gently caress, that's so much worse than Unseen Strike used to be. Guess I should spec out of it until they fix it again.

ClonedPickle fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Oct 1, 2016

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

maswastaken posted:

Here is my bad build for bad laughs. Substitute for Second Wind Ace for Optical Illusions Basic and Forced Friendship for peak terrible.

gently caress, you're right. That's unfortunate.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

ClonedPickle posted:

Holy gently caress, that's so much worse than Unseen Strike used to be. Guess I should spec out of it until they fix it again.

Welp I made a post in the bug report forum but apparently this is the intended behavior! What a garbage skill.

The mod recanted and said they'd look into it. Success! Now we just have to wait ten years for the bug queue to empty.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 1, 2016

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

edit: ahaha holy poo poo the one saw skin can't be equipped on secondary saws. This is a known issue they can't fix!

:smug:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

How

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

I dunno, I did it a while ago. There was a while when the saw skin first came out that it couldn't be applied to a secondary saw, then they fixed it. Is it broken again?

e: yes, it is

ClonedPickle fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Welp I made a post in the bug report forum but apparently this is the intended behavior! What a garbage skill.

The mod recanted and said they'd look into it. Success! Now we just have to wait ten years for the bug queue to empty.

You probably won't have to wait that long. Bugfixing isn't done on a queue basis- instead they do sweeps of maps or areas. Skill stuff tends to get priority.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Oct 1, 2016