Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i actually kind of like the pacing for the episode so far. i'd been wondering if they would be able to stretch highway star out to a full 2 episodes, but it looks like that won't be necessary now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, I'm really happy with how they paced these two parts out.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Highway A-Go Go, baby

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Josuke Higashikata posted:

you can just get fixed sub files like 15 minutes after crunchy launch
im not An Crook

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Cant wait for BtD to gently caress that OP right up

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Moltrey posted:

im not An Crook

Not what a little birdie told me...

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Mixing the last half or so of I Am An Alien with an episode and a half of Highway Star is pretty good.

That said, they loving blue balled me here, I need Rohan's insanity and finger chopping.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

rohan getting his poo poo messed up will be a good lead-in for highway star, where josuke and rohan's intense dislike for each other is highlighted yet again

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

El Burbo posted:

Cant wait for BtD to gently caress that OP right up
the bit where Killer Queen grabs Hayato's face HAS to be the point where Bites the Dust will activate right? Like it just HAS to

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Moltrey posted:

the bit where Killer Queen grabs Hayato's face HAS to be the point where Bites the Dust will activate right? Like it just HAS to

gently caress. If they do it there and restart the OP then it becomes 1 minute and 40 seconds or so, much more normal than its minute and ten second runtime.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

they've already shown they're more than willing to add stuff to the OPs and they're easier to edit than CG stuff, so i'm really banking heavily on SOMETHING being changed when it gets closer to the end

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'm just going to lay back and let the voice of love take me higher over here

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Mixing the last half or so of I Am An Alien with an episode and a half of Highway Go Go is pretty good.

That said, they loving blue balled me here, I need Rohan's insanity and finger chopping.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Let's talk about the real crop circle of the episode folks:

One the outer ring we have, clockwise: Echoes, Heaven's Door, Star Platinum?, The Hand, Hermit Purple? and Crazy Diamond.

The inner circle's harder tho: Pearl Jam, ???, EWF, Harvest?, Highway Star, Surface, The Lock, ???, Atom Heart Father? and Achtung Baby.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The two question marks are Bad Company (it's a head of one of the soldiers) and Stray Cat

e: the stray cat one might be yukako since she's has a rose motif on her uniform, but since Stray Cat is Literally A Plant i'd say that

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

FYI, the color version of SBR is all done today and you can nab all the volumes JJCA did off Mega.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
https://twitter.com/NARUSMA/status/781886676654133248

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
The first half of the new OP was made to be rewinded.
The rewind will start on Hayato and end on kira pressing the bomb switch.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

grancheater posted:

Let's talk about the real crop circle of the episode folks:

One the outer ring we have, clockwise: Echoes, Heaven's Door, Star Platinum?, The Hand, Hermit Purple? and Crazy Diamond.

The inner circle's harder tho: Pearl Jam, ???, EWF, Harvest?, Highway Star, Surface, The Lock, ???, Atom Heart Father? and Achtung Baby.

I think that's Cinderella not atom heart father, it's what its eyes look like

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

i actually kind of like the pacing for the episode so far. i'd been wondering if they would be able to stretch highway star out to a full 2 episodes, but it looks like that won't be necessary now.

It wouldn't have been that hard, at 8 chapters. The issue was how fast they have to rush through I Am an Alien to make it fit.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Yeah, and even if you managed to cram I Am an Alien into a chapter, you'd have a severe pacing shift going from cramming 7 chapters in an episode to 4 chapters/ep, and if there's one arc that shouldn't feel slow-paced it's the one about going fast.

El Burbo posted:

I think that's Cinderella not atom heart father, it's what its eyes look like

Ah right, then the rose is Yukako and the inner circle is Jojo's Extended Pal Crew (+ Keicho).

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Guessing the final cour will go something like this:

28. Highway Star (1) (includes end of I Am an Alien)
29. Highway Star (2)
30. The Cat Likes Yoshikage Kira
31. The Man on the Tower (1) (includes end of The Cat Likes Yoshikage Kira)
32. The Man on the Tower (2) (includes start of Engima Boy)
33. Enigma Boy
34. My Dad Is Not My Dad (includes start of Cheap Trick)
35. Cheap Trick
36. Another One Bites the Dust (1)
37. Another One Bites the Dust (2) (includes start of The Invincible Crazy D)
38. The Invincible Crazy D
39. Goodbye, Morioh Town (includes end of The Invincible Crazy D)

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Holy poo poo i just noticed that Toyohiro is in the op :allears:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Enigma is gonna be a two parter

LordLeckie
Nov 14, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

gently caress. If they do it there and restart the OP then it becomes 1 minute and 40 seconds or so, much more normal than its minute and ten second runtime.

If i had to guess they'll fast foward back to the opening and end on kiras close up, if you look where they do the title splash the logo looks like its shaking a lot as if it was being rewound already, that plus the breakdown constant reverts etc its near guaranteed.

Pensive
Oct 31, 2012
Daisan no Bakudan! BITE ZA DUSTO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3J08D1h1nY

Saxum
Sep 26, 2016

I feel like this shot with Kawajiri's missing face and hair is also referencing Kira's ultimate demise by the True Hero of Part 4 with the thick lines over the head.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/UltimaDragon_/status/782002175555895296

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am happy for Toonami JoJo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm happy that they seem to have cleared Roundabout for broadcast. Sometimes that's an issue.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I never had any doubt with that, I feel like if you've got the right to the anime you've got the rights to air Roundabout too since it's such a thing with the show.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

I do like how this implies that Rohan chopping off his finger and letting his house burn down because he lost at dice takes place like the same day as highway star

a rough afternoon for Rohan Kishibe

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Silver2195 posted:

The Invincible Crazy D

:barf:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

don't dick name shame

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Yinlock posted:

I do like how this implies that Rohan chopping off his finger and letting his house burn down because he lost at dice takes place like the same day as highway star

a rough afternoon for Rohan Kishibe

i assume they're gonna note there being a little bit of time passing between the two events, but it's still going to be funny to have rohan's house get torched and then not long after having him get involved with josuke AGAIN in an actual life and death situation

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yinlock posted:

don't dick name shame

if you think the final fight is called anything other than crazy diamond is unbreakable get duh gently caress outta here

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

invincible crazy diamond is unbreakable

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Oof. Yikes.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I was on the "everybody is entitled to their own opinions" until the very last thing and I'm just sort of rolling in the aisles laughing at that one.

Good riddance dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i told you all of this in confidence