Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

triple sulk posted:

hissgate is a real thing

my iphone 5 would make a noise on the headphones when it was plugged in with a full battery, where was the catchy phrase for that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

C.H.O.M.E posted:

oh you are talking about the 7 and the 6s non plus tiny phones, yeah that's probably just optical image stabilization.

the 6s doesn't have optical image stabilization. 4.7" iphones didn't get that until the 7.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

my iphone 5 would make a noise on the headphones when it was plugged in with a full battery, where was the catchy phrase for that?

rf interference

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

triple sulk posted:

is a real thing

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Just use a lightning to ground loop isolator to 3.5 dongle

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
then hold up your phone dongle abomination to the sky and wait to ground a lighting strike through your body

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

it had a headphone dongle too
this phone owned so hard

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Trashman posted:

this phone owned so hard

hell yeah, it lasted like a week on battery and took awesome photos that you could transfer over bluetooth so no lovely cable needed. the trick was using wotanserver to put the stock firmware on it instead of the verizon/at&t branded one that made it slow as hell. you could also make your own themes for it using xml/png/tar. it lasted until I finally went and got an iphone 4 on release. the only problem with it was the lovely sony version of a 30-pin ipod connector on the bottom was flaky, especially near the end.

pretty good for 2003.

Hugh G. Rectum fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Sep 30, 2016

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

trilljester posted:

Still upset that you can't rate songs in Music.app anymore in iOS 10. timb, fix this poo poo now. *Trump voice* I have lots and lots and lots of smart playlists that rely on star ratings.

Star ratings can be turned on in iTunes for macos Sierra, I guess they didn't follow through on ios.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

THC posted:

samsung producta violently explode with normal use but the real scandal is that the latest iphone makes a noise you can sort of hear if you hold it against your ear in a silent windowless room with the door closed
turns out two wrongs do make a right, after all

double ohm seven
Jul 14, 2016
ordered the stebe edition 64gb. gonna have it on Monday. feels good man.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

hell yeah, it lasted like a week on battery and took awesome photos that you could transfer over bluetooth so no lovely cable needed. the trick was using wotanserver to put the stock firmware on it instead of the verizon/at&t branded one that made it slow as hell. you could also make your own themes for it using xml/png/tar. it lasted until I finally went and got an iphone 4 on release. the only problem with it was the lovely sony version of a 30-pin ipod connector on the bottom was flaky, especially near the end.

pretty good for 2003.

all of this

i still have my 810i for some strange reason, i don't know if it would even work on my carrier today

holy poo poo it's so small, i'd forgotten how tiny this phone was :3:

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

rapeface posted:

then hold up your phone dongle abomination to the sky and wait to ground a lighting strike through your body

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
looks like iphones are blowing up now too :lol:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

blugu64 posted:

link plz

also phone delayed as the shipper in china missed the UPS truck

so it sits in korea now

thats my post

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

blugu64 posted:

it was only a matter of time before tim panicked and copied yet another feature from a competing product

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
sexy

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Stymie posted:

it was only a matter of time before tim panicked and copied yet another feature from a competing product

this is wrong stymie, iphone 7s are blowing up not because they're charging, just that they're blowing up in boxes before consumers may see them because ???

Vintersorg posted:

link plz

also phone delayed as the shipper in china missed the UPS truck

so it sits in korea now

thats my post

oh

oh dear

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
not saying that i believe it but an iphone in the box is easily charged to 80-90%

i think samsungs blow up if fully charged not just when charging?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

every single flight you take now they tell you to turn the note 7 off and that you can't use it at all lol

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

poty posted:

i think samsungs blow up if fully charged not just when charging?

they blow up when the batteries overheat, which is most likely during charging

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

rapid discharge makes them heat too. just look at the device, don't actually use it. maybe turn the screen brightness all the way down.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

lol holy poo poo

e:

:lol:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

yes, lithium batteries can explode if you beat the poo poo out of them. this isn't really news.

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

yes, lithium batteries can explode if you beat the poo poo out of them. this isn't really news.

at some point someone will try to ban lithium batteries from planes and welp it'll be time to stop flying

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DuckConference posted:

at some point someone will try to ban lithium batteries from planes and welp it'll be time to stop flying

yeah it would be difficult to fly when half the plane is non-operative

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

THC posted:

samsung producta violently explode with normal use but the real scandal is that the latest iphone makes a noise you can sort of hear if you hold it against your ear in a silent windowless room with the door closed

i'm going to quote this again, this time just to lol

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Satellit3 posted:

ios is pretty bad

actually, it's great

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

pretty good for 2003.
I think I had some sketchy hacked firmware on mine, and also about 100 pirated java games. boy those were the days.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

yeah there were a bunch of weird versions on wotanserver iirc, the at&t firmware disabled bluetooth file transfer and was incredibly slow. android has continued that proud tradition.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

DuckConference posted:

airbus is probably lobbying icao right now

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

not seeing a lot of windows phones exploding lately.

what i'm saying is, shaggar was right

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Typical

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

looks like they were shipping it wrong

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

blugu64 posted:

looks like they were shipping it wrong

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

GameCube posted:

not seeing a lot of windows phones exploding lately.

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

airbus is probably lobbying icao right now

lol i forgot about the 787, are they still catching fire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

i flew in a 787 first time a couple months ago, it was amazing a+ very smooth quiet ride, beautiful aircraft. then for the second leg of the journey it was an old janky broke down A320 and I thought it was going to fall apart during take-off, the cabin was bumping and twisting and shaking and creaking. it was night and day

thats my 787 story

• Locked thread