Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Still pulling for marvel to redeem themselves with a cage/snipes Ghost Rider And Blade buddy movie

I want this except make it a full blown Midnight Sons series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Honest Thief posted:

That's all Guillermo del Toro, he wrote Strain way before Blade 2.

The Strain novel was 2009, Blade II was 2002

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

I want this except make it a full blown Midnight Sons series.
I've always wanted this with all the classic monsters: Morbius, Blade, Jack Russell, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, etc.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Halloween Jack posted:

I've always wanted this with all the classic monsters: Morbius, Blade, Jack Russell, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, etc.

Even though it's kind of sectioned off into its own little corner of the MCU, the new season of AoS already has Ghost Rider, Ghosts, and strongly hinted that there are Vampires and Werewolves.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Halloween Jack posted:

I could see them adapting Hannibal King into a sort of Marvel version of John Constantine, as well.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I know DC's late to things, but if they want a Stan Lee like cameo person, Adam West is still there.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They should cameo Stan Lee in justice league, give him some cheesy line like "I don't think I belong here"

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

greatn posted:

They should cameo Stan Lee in justice league, give him some cheesy line like "I don't think I belong here"

That would be pretty funny.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

what was the best stan lee cameo so far b/c the worst is almost definitely the civil war one

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
His winter soldier one is a little too broad.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The best is the one from the Edward Norton hulk film where he gets poisoned by hulk blood and dies.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I liked the one where he gets drunk and actually says 'Excelsior!'.

Wait, was that Ultron? I take it back

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Hose penis Stan.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I rather enjoyed his Avengers cameo.

I'm looking forward to spotting Lloyd Kaufman in Guardians 2, myself.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I liked Stan as Uatu the Watcher.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Blade already got a new sequel
It's called The Neon Demon

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Brother Entropy posted:

what was the best stan lee cameo so far b/c the worst is almost definitely the civil war one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OqMlQYSN30

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

okay yeah i think i can agree with this one

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

My favorite is either when he shows up as Hugh Hefner in Iron Man or when he dies drinking soda infected with Hulk blood in the Incredible Hulk.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I like when he gives an inspiring speech to some losers in Mallrats who just want to know about the Hulk's cock and how it works.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Ahem it's the Thing's dick thank you

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I liked Stan as the strip club DJ in Deadpool.

Stan Lee's a cool guy and I really hope 2016 doesn't take him from us.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Stan Lee's best modern cameo is in the first X-Men movie, because it's just a cameo instead of grinding poo poo to a halt for a minute to fondle Stan Lee's musty nutsack.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
That's quite a visual :stare:

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit

Brother Entropy posted:

The Civil War cameo was great because it gave us "Tony Stank".

The worst was in the Ang Lee Hulk movie, where he's exiting the building while babbling on about improving security. Zero effort on the part of the screenwriter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjMMayhbAFc

Second worst was probably Rise of the Silver Surfer, where he tries to gatecrash a wedding by claiming to be Stan Lee.

Actually, I can't decide which of those two are the worst.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

ruddiger posted:

I liked Stan as the strip club DJ in Deadpool.

Stan Lee's a cool guy and I really hope 2016 doesn't take him from us.

Someone at Marvel anticipates this, thus his filming of his next 4 cameos already.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

The MSJ posted:

Someone at Marvel anticipates this, thus his filming of his next 4 cameos already.

I like to think he's filmed one of him at a table in Valhalla in preparation

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Or smoking hella dank with Mephisto.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I like his Ant-Man cameo because it adds something without making him the focus of the scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYUFx_Ltjn8&t=87s

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

ruddiger posted:

Or smoking hella dank with Mephisto.

I read this as Mysterio and the thought of Stan using his fishbowl as a giant bong cracks me up.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mierenneuker posted:

I like his Ant-Man cameo because it adds something without making him the focus of the scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYUFx_Ltjn8&t=87s

Michael Peņa was so damned good in that film. :allears:

Apparently that character was based on a guy he knows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNbWln5vDZ0

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

The Strain novel was 2009, Blade II was 2002
Well I'll be, I've always had the idea The Strain was way earlier. Can't keep dates straight anymore.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

The MSJ posted:

I think this has more to do with them having already done work on their next four movies. Like, if they were backlogging Stan Lee cameos they'd probably have more than just 4.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Proposition Joe posted:

I think this has more to do with them having already done work on their next four movies. Like, if they were backlogging Stan Lee cameos they'd probably have more than just 4.

They don't really need to backlog anything, I mean look at the CG poo poo they've pulled with Robert Downey in CIvil War or Schwarzenegger in Genisys.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hugh Jackman commissioned these covers from Joe Quesada for Bryan Singer.

In other news, costume sellers say that they are unable to keep up with the demand for Harley Quinn costumes this Halloween. Superheroes in general are the most popular costumes this year.
http://time.com/4510616/most-popular-halloween-costume-superhero-princess/

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Oct 2, 2016

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So, Affleck has confirmed that his Batman movie is titled: The Batman

:v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXyb3dAQGoI

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Was the cartoon of the same name any good, it was the one with primal monster Joker or whatever?

Did they say if this Batflick was going to be after BvS/etc. happened?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
If it's an origin story I'm gonna be pissed.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The actual title is Die Batman Die! but journalists thought it was in German.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

If it's an origin story I'm gonna be pissed.

Nah, it can't be. But I bet it'll have a bunch of flashbacks. I actually hope there's a Batman 2 in 2021 or whatever and THEN is the time we see the Robin stuff from back in the day. I want this 2018 Batman to just be present day Batman stompin' faces and savin' asses.

• Locked thread