Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Hillary could have had any man she wanted back in the day but she stuck with Bill, warts and all. Unlike Trump who will trade for the latest woman he could fish out of Russia or wherever when he grows bored of his current trophy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Spiffster posted:

This release attacks him on all his most sensitive areas. There is absolutely no way he isn't flipping his poo poo right now and trying to desperately trying to get his phone to refute everything only to dig himself into a much deeper hole. maybe at 3:00 he will wrestle it back for more gold.

I eagerly wait... :suspense:

He's live at a rally, he doesn't even know about this yet.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

here is the more accurate dril tweet for trump:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/772137041467478016

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Epic High Five posted:

like, even the poorest of the poor get hit with a bunch of taxes they can't avoid, like sales tax and taxes on utilities etc etc etc

Trump doesn't have to pay even those

How does he avoid sales tax?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

axeil posted:

oh that's definitely the angle they're taking.

$35.50 to $0.17 am I reading that right? His stock lost 99.5% of its value?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

I mean, the man's an idiot, but even then that's really bad miming of pneumonia.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He's live at a rally, he doesn't even know about this yet.

At the very least his campaign is aware of it, given the "he knows the most like ever you guys" silly comment. Who's the unlucky intern who has to break the news to him? I hope it's Chris Christie.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Man I love it when the 4th estate wakes up and starts actually doing its job.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Crain posted:

I mean, the man's an idiot, but even then that's really bad miming of pneumonia.

He was just doing a standard sick person, he wasn't trying to mock her!

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Subjunctive posted:

How does he avoid sales tax?

I sincerely doubt he personally pays for anything. He eats at his own restaurants, charges any non Trump Enterprises expenses on company cards (because gently caress you it's my money and my company), and has his assistants pay for pocket money stuff (and probably doesn't pay them back).

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
today in a nut shell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJbmB9k2Y88

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Coheed and Camembert posted:

At the very least his campaign is aware of it, given the "he knows the most like ever you guys" silly comment. Who's the unlucky intern who has to break the news to him? I hope it's Chris Christie.

Oh, I think he knows that they have an article, but he believed that they would cave to his lawyers' threats. Because why wouldn't they, it's worked on piano salesmen, why not agruably the largest and most influential paper of record in the US? He always wins, you see.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
https://twitter.com/andylevy/status/782396092788932608

It's just too good. Is this the worst week of Trump's entire life?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

KitConstantine posted:

Oh, I think he knows that they have an article, but he believed that they would cave to his lawyers' threats. Because why wouldn't they, it's worked on piano salesmen, why not agruably the largest and most influential paper of record in the US? He always wins, you see.

Also don't forget that the NYT is just pitiful. Failing really. Just garbage I feel bad for them but that's what happens when you're trash. Just sad. Nothing to worry about though.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

I missed the WaPo link and genuinely thought this was someone writing fiction it's so extreme.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Probably

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Someone managed to get their hands on Trump's tax records? Whomever made it possible is a saint and I hope the NYT's response to Trump's lawyer threatening legal action over releasing the info was "lol bring it buddy."

Hopefully this is legit and not Bush Vietnam Documents 2.0 poo poo.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I hope he demands to inspect every piece of mail that gets sent from Trump Tower now to try and prevent more leaks.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Crain posted:

I am convinced its so he can say "See? I wasn't making fun of that reporter"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

Someone managed to get their hands on Trump's tax records? Whomever made it possible is a saint and I hope the NYT's response to Trump's lawyer threatening legal action over releasing the info was "lol bring it buddy."

There's no way this isn't legit. He said himself that he dodges taxes, and the way he dodges them is the only way that makes sense and the timeline adds up.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

The Khan week was pretty brutal.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Evil Fluffy posted:

You know Trump doesn't have anyone on his staff competent enough to do that.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Evil Fluffy posted:

I too hope they try to sue the paper that took on the US government over the right to publish classified documents and won.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Endorph posted:

There's no way this isn't legit. He said himself that he dodges taxes, and the way he dodges them is the only way that makes sense and the timeline adds up.

Also I'm pretty sure the NYT would be careful about this, for all their faults lately.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Crain posted:

I hope you all appreciate the work that went into this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiYZK23VgcE
Oh I do, believe me.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

You know Trump doesn't have anyone on his staff competent enough to do that.

I'm betting it has to be an outside contractor or something who was stiffed.

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
I guess Trump's taxes is the October surprise we all knew was coming.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Fluffy posted:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/782396615600566272

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

The Khan week was pretty brutal.

This week and the Khan week together show us how Trump reacts to losing something. He just can't accept it so he doubles, triples, quadruples down, over and over again, because he can never let anything go.

You have to imagine Clinton will clown him again in the next debate and hopefully the third one as well, which will give us another two weeks of epic Trump meltdowns which in a perfect world would crater his numbers to post-DNC levels just in time for election day.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Rangpur posted:

Oh I do, believe me.

Ok, no joke: Do you think it works? It was a bit rushed and the deposition only gave me so much to work with (most of it is him just saying "No, no, didn't know. Don, my son handles that).

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

quote:

“Mr. Trump is a highly-skilled businessman who has a fiduciary responsibility to his business, his family and his employees to pay no more tax than legally required,” the statement said.

Aren't employee wages tax deductible? Wouldn't whatever the tax rate is on Trump have no real bearing on how much his employees get?

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

vyelkin posted:

This week and the Khan week together show us how Trump reacts to losing something. He just can't accept it so he doubles, triples, quadruples down, over and over again, because he can never let anything go.

You have to imagine Clinton will clown him again in the next debate and hopefully the third one as well, which will give us another two weeks of epic Trump meltdowns which in a perfect world would crater his numbers to post-DNC levels just in time for election day.

Honestly, I have to wonder if there is actually some democratic conspiracy here. As soon as something's had a couple of days to cool, someone hits him with something else. It's like the part in a monster movie where a dude shoots the monster, then another dude kicks it down some stairs, where a third dude is waiting with an axe.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

If this turns out to be an employee he just didn't pay who is out for revenge/recouped losses, well shucks just color me surprised as all heck

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Shower thought: Trump was up tweeting at 3am and 5am because he's 70 and his prostate might have issuses that require him to have to wake up and pee at those hours.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

There is no way Trump doesn't make "locking up the media" a central part of his rallies for the next week.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Endorph posted:

Honestly, I have to wonder if there is actually some democratic conspiracy here. As soon as something's had a couple of days to cool, someone hits him with something else. It's like the part in a monster movie where a dude shoots the monster, then another dude kicks it down some stairs, where a third dude is waiting with an axe.

I wouldn't be surprised. It's the best possible way to keep his polling numbers down and I bet the Clinton campaign's lined up the bombs so they're ready to keep him melting down until election day.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

They contacted his accountant in the 90s who verified the one form that was signed had Trump's signature and that the submitted info matches the private records he has (that he can't release himself).

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Evil Fluffy posted:

For it to be fake they would have to know Trump's social security number

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

They sat on this for a month? You better believe they vetted the ever living gently caress out of that before releasing it.

• Locked thread