Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Runaktla posted:

Toddlers and infants pay no tax... loving tax scamming freeloaders... ugh.

They come to this country, they don't pay taxes, they don't even speak English. Scum.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I wonder what I did.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Night10194 posted:

Say, what made the Trump camp decide it was time to address the Birther poo poo a couple weeks ago instead of avoiding it?

Because he honestly thought that he'd get wide-spread respect for "resolving" the Birther issue.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

What could top any of this? Has the election peaked?

Personally, I'm holding out for the Trump campaign to release a video of Hillary giving birth and talking about how weak she is for showing pain. That's the only way I think he could offend women more, so I guess it's likely.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
As I have said before, I think Scott Adams is wildly insecure about being famous for a comic and desperately wants to be seen as an intellectual

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Because he honestly thought that he'd get wide-spread respect for "resolving" the Birther issue.

Also defusing the issue before the debate.

That, uh. Didn't really work out for him. The only way to genuinely kill it as an effective attack on him would've been to give an apology. It would require the candidate to not be Donald Trump. They keep trying these derpy stratagems that require a different candidate.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

RZA Encryption posted:

Personally, I'm holding out for the Trump campaign to release a video of Hillary giving birth and talking about how weak she is for showing pain. That's the only way I think he could offend women more, so I guess it's likely.

At the next debate Trump tries to prove he's super manly by trying to straight up punch Hillary. But she deftly dodges, and he flops to the floor like a tipped cow.

3:20 am next morning: "i won the fight but the cameras were broken!"

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

As I have said before, I think Scott Adams is wildly insecure about being famous for a comic and desperately wants to be seen as an intellectual

A comic that's largely about an ignoramus "leading" in an incompetent way by completely disregarding expertise.

It's hilariously ironic that he's endorsing the pointy-haired boss for President.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

fishmech posted:

At the next debate Trump tries to prove he's super manly by trying to straight up punch Hillary. But she deftly dodges, and he flops to the floor like a tipped cow.

The shoulder shimmy was just a warmup for next time.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

OddObserver posted:

A comic that's largely about an ignoramus "leading" in an incompetent way by completely disregarding expertise.

It's hilariously ironic that he's endorsing the pointy-haired boss for President.

I've kind of started feeling sorry for the boss because Dilbert is such an rear end in a top hat.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

OddObserver posted:

Dilbert comics are the anthem of white male mediocrity

Its a fantasy about being so much smarter and righter than everyone especially your boss but no one respects how smart and right you are

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

As I have said before, I think Scott Adams is wildly insecure about being famous for a comic and desperately wants to be seen as an intellectual a successful hypnotist

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

RZA Encryption posted:

I would be surprised if it's peaked. We don't know what else Hillary's been sitting on to gut him with in October.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

GalacticAcid posted:

sorry about your tiny dick, hulk :smith:

He's a garbage person, he still deserves his privacy. Or else I assume your fine that Melissa Benoist and her husband had their private photos stolen and released by some hackers.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Who the gently caress encouraged him to keep using the "kill shot" thing? Did someone seriously say to him "Yes Scott, the use of the phrase 'kill shot' is clever and in no way annoying when used in every goddamn sentence"? Or is he so busy huffing his own farts that he thinks it's a genius linguistic calling card?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

disjoe posted:

Who the gently caress encouraged him to keep using the "kill shot" thing? Did someone seriously say to him "Yes Scott, the use of the phrase 'kill shot' is clever and in no way annoying when used in every goddamn sentence"? Or is he so busy huffing his own farts that he thinks it's a genius linguistic calling card?

He's such a "master persuader" that he believes he must add a calling card to his rhetoric after he makes an especially "brilliant" point so that lesser minds can notice it.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Cythereal posted:

I would be surprised if it's peaked. We don't know what else Hillary's been sitting on to gut him with in October.

Remember when everyone was bitching two weeks ago about why doesn't Hillary unload the oppo research binder, maybe she doesn't have anything?

Yeah. This is what unloading the binder looks like. The binder full of women Trump has disrespected and put down.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

RZA Encryption posted:

Personally, I'm holding out for the Donnie campaign to release a video of Hillary giving birth and talking about how weak she is for showing pain. That's the only way I think he could offend women more, so I guess it's likely.

fishmech posted:

No, he connects and breaks his hand, Clinton no-sells it. Donnie gets a hand en-biglying operation.(and maybe also gets even more orange and even worse hair)

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 2, 2016

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Geostomp posted:

He's such a "master persuader" that he believes he must add a calling card to his rhetoric after he makes an especially "brilliant" point so that lesser minds can notice it.

please tell me this is true

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

OddObserver posted:

Back in the 90s Dilbert was personified as a nice dude that often didn't get interpersonal interaction and was annoyed by people that were sincerely stupid like the boss or whoever but suffered through it occasionally making a sarcastic comment. It was making fun of nerdy engineer types as well as "dumb coworkers" that other office workers felt they were dealing with. I read some lately since I haven't in decades and he's really just gone down the hole of being a STEMlord rear end in a top hat to everyone and the boss seems like a normal dude putting up with his poo poo. I'm not sure what that means considering Adams is pretty much kissing as much business leader rear end as he possibly can on twitter but the strip is garbage now.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Quorum posted:

Remember when everyone was bitching two weeks ago about why doesn't Hillary unload the oppo research binder, maybe she doesn't have anything?

Yeah. This is what unloading the binder looks like. The binder full of women Trump has disrespected and put down.

I had always figured Hillary was waiting until late September and October when people would be paying the most attention to start gutting Trump, and Trump's been walking into it blindly.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
Scott Adams has a lot in common with Tim Buckley in that he made a comic that got popular and was widely considered funny for a while but now he's been reduced to a guy copy-pasting the same characters over and over on a cintiq.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Wikileaks October Surprise That Totally Exists Announcent cancelled due to "security concerns."

Why does the media keep falling for this poo poo?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

lol

and lol that he was planning to make an announcement from the balcony like he was the loving Pope.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Dilbert comics are the anthem of white male mediocrity

Its a fantasy about being so much smarter and righter than everyone especially your boss but no one respects how smart and right you are

TBH a lot of media is centered around this. Dilbert is just the most obvious.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

loving called it.

Note: This is not an achievement, but rather a sign of possessing a basic sense of pattern recognition.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Funny how wikileaks can't just post "the stuff" they have like any other real transparency org.

It's always some song and dance with their dear leader.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

OddObserver posted:

I actually had someone I know complain about how Scott Adams totally isn't supporting Trump, and how he wrote a column about how he supports Clinton.

Said column can be summarized by "I think if I back Trump that I will be threatened and/or assaulted by Clinton supporters, so I 'support' Clinton". Guy even linked me the column as if I'd read it and go "Oh, I'm incorrect, sorry."

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The fact that the writer of Dilbert is going all in for a candidate that is the embodiment of corporate stupidity and incompetence is just so 2016

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Augus posted:

stop he's already dead

We need him to survive until Nov 8th. After that he can burst with neurotoxins administered by Hillary's private assassin rage.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

ASSANGE: I can't believe I have to live in fear of being assassinated by Hillary!

ALEXANDER LITVINENKO: *is dead*

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

PhazonLink posted:

Funny how wikileaks can't just post "the stuff" they have like any other real transparency org.

It's always some song and dance with their dear leader.

They've pretty much entirely dropped the pretense of transparency and all but admitted they're a political smear group at this point.
The entire idea of a whistleblower group interested solely in transparency taking sides in an election and sitting on information they don't want to release yet is completely laughable.

Augus fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Oct 2, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I want Assange to make an announcement from his balcony and for a bird to poo poo right on his head.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I want Assange to make an announcement from his balcony and for a bird to poo poo right into his mouth

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Early Dilbert was pretty good. Especially as someone who's worked in IT my entire life. It eventually like most good things flanderized itself.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Augus posted:

The fact that the writer of Dilbert is going all in for a candidate that is the embodiment of corporate stupidity and incompetence is just so 2016

Here's something to remember: Scott Adams spent most of his time at Pacific Bell as a manager or in sales, not as one of the lowly engineers like Dilbert.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

RZA Encryption posted:

Best case scenario, we are entering the finale of the 1812 Overture that is the election, and the Alicia Machado thing is just the first thing to fly out of the recently cracked oppo folder, and it continues at this pace to the election, culminating in Trump going into a Downfall speech on live television, resulting in his eye popping out of his head and him dying of a stroke in front of 200 million americans on election night.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Bushiz posted:

Best case scenario, we are entering the finale of the 1812 Overture that is the election, and the Alicia Machado thing is just the first thing to fly out of the recently cracked oppo folder, and it continues at this pace to the election, culminating in Trump going into a Downfall speech on live television, resulting in his eye popping out of his head and him dying of a stroke in front of 200 million americans on election night.

Don't stop, I'm almost there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Ken is a Mormon, let that sink in.

• Locked thread