Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
It's going to be hard for Trump to establish standing in podunk Florida like Hulk did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I'm pretty sure that a bunch of polling outlets threw out their results because they want to do some new ones that reflect the latest bombshell. There hasn't been any polling since the middle of last week and some were supposed to be out this weekend.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Xae posted:

http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-cassidy/what-sort-of-man-is-donald-trump
a rare neurological disorder that produces violent seizures, brain damage and medical bills topping $300,000.
a neurologicql disorder that produces medical bills

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Trabisnikof posted:

And Gawker might win the court case to publish Hulk's dick, doesn't undo the bankruptcy.

It looks like the maximum financial penalty in this case is $5,000.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

a neurologicql disorder that produces medical bills

They do that.

Chwoka
Jan 27, 2008

I'm Abed, and I never watch TV.

hey guys

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

computer parts posted:

It looks like the maximum financial penalty in this case is $5,000.

He can argue in the civil suit that the release caused damages to his brand that by his estimates could be in the hundreds of billions.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Isn't this the case that even Jezebel said was dubious and probably fabricated by some Never Trump PAC?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Bip Roberts posted:

He can argue in the civil suit that the release caused damages to his brand that by his estimates could be in the hundreds of billions.

doesn't matter, lawsuit won't be in a state that forces parties to post bonds for damages even if the case is still in appeal.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bip Roberts posted:

I hope he argues that the release caused damages to him by preventing him from becoming president, and therefore we get to see what value Donald Trump's lawyers place on being president of the United States.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Trabisnikof posted:

The law is clear, printing or publishing a tax return that was given to you in an unauthorized manner is a felony.

And Supreme Court precedent is clear - when it comes to matters of public interest freedom of the press as guaranteed in he first amendment trumps statues which make that disclosure illegal.

There is no way that the NYT gets in trouble for this.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Trabisnikof posted:

Who knows, but this is part of the legal code criminalizing what the NYTs did:

Seems like the only reason this won't get investigated by law enforcement is pro-Clinton bias.

The law is clear, printing or publishing a tax return that was given to you in an unauthorized manner is a felony.

There's another thing here:

Marla Maples. You have to realize that these are /her/ tax returns as well. If she comes out and says, "Yes, I authorized their release," Trump loses all clout in order to A. press charges, and B. sue.

E: unless he wants to sue to end alimony, which he may do, but I don't know if a court would let that fly.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Phoenixan posted:

Scott Adams has a lot in common with Tim Buckley in that he made a comic that got popular and was widely considered funny for a while but now he's been reduced to a guy copy-pasting the same characters over and over on a cintiq.

Scott Adams disables Aero Glass. Throw him out the airlock.

I bet he's one of those shitlords who has spent the last decade running Windows without UAC, too.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

hiddenriverninja posted:

As a complete law pleb, can someone walk me through the most likely events/cases mentioned if Trump were to sue the NYT?

They would enter the discovery process, and then Trump would drop the suit.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

sit on my Facebook posted:

They would enter the discovery process, and then Trump would drop the suit.

Same thing happened with Fox News and the sexual harassment suits. They settled those things pretty much immediately, because they knew they didn't want to deal with discovery and all the poo poo that would dredge up.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

He seems to go out of his way to play into every corporate villain stereotype, doesn't he?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Ron Jeremy posted:

The mormons Ive known have been excellent at compartmentalizing the crazy party of their religion. Decennt people outside of Sundays.

This is true of literally any religious person whose last name isn't Phelps (in which case you embrace the crazy instead of compartmentalizing it). All religions everywhere are loving cuckoo bananas in various fun ways

In Deuteronomy, The Bible says that if two dudes are fighting and one dude's wife tries to end the fight by grabbing the opponent's dick, then you have to cut off her dick-grabbing hand.

At one point in Matthew Jesus is hungry and walks up to a fig tree hoping to find delicious figs but finds out that the tree doesn't have any figs on it, so he gets mad and basically says "gently caress you, fig tree" and the tree instantly loving withers and dies

Deuteronomy also says that Heaven has a big sign on it that reads "no eunuchs allowed"

Everyone likes to think of Mormons as being the crazy weirdo christians, but really that's just because everyone forgets how weird and hosed up the old and new testaments are. Every religion has its weird stories

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Oct 2, 2016

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

QuarkJets posted:

At one point in Matthew Jesus is hungry and walks up to a fig tree hoping to find delicious figs but finds out that the tree doesn't have any figs on it, so he gets mad and basically says "gently caress you, fig tree" and the tree instantly loving withers and dies

Wait, what? :psyduck:

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

iospace posted:

Parable about faith or something

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

iospace posted:

Matthew 21:19

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ron Jeremy posted:

The mormons Ive known have been excellent at compartmentalizing the crazy party of their religion. Decennt people outside of Sundays.

I saw that there was some sort of Mormon council leak video recently. Was there anything juicy inside?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

iospace posted:

quote:

Matthew 21:18-22King James Version (KJV)

18 Now in the morning as he returned into the city, he hungered.

19 And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away.

20 And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How soon is the fig tree withered away!

21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

He believes he's brilliant, like Dogbert or the garbage man who is equally omniscient. In reality he's Dilbert's manager, complete with saying and doing things that he thinks is right or smart while everyone else just sees him as a giant moron who got where they are by luck.
I remember an interview the South Park guys did a while back that I think describes Scott Adams prety well. When they started the show Kyle and Stan were the author insert characters, but after a while they both decided they wanted to be Cartman. It's kind of sad that he doesn't realize that assholes are only likeable and funny in abstract cartoon universes. In the real world, people just think they are assholes

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Geostomp posted:

He seems to go out of his way to play into every corporate villain stereotype, doesn't he?

More octo suprise, he did a real life Capt. Planet villain poo poo.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Crow Jane posted:

Getting burned by a Mormon has got to be pretty rough. drat.

Apologies if this has been posted: Tim Kaine facts :3:

If I ever meet Tim Kaine in real life I'm going to get him to play Dogsong on the harmonica. :shittydog:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CascadeBeta posted:

If I ever meet Tim Kaine in real life I'm going to get him to play Dogsong on the harmonica. :shittydog:

:kimchi:

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Nate Silver attempts to create a map which sits in the overlap between "mental" and "halfway plausible", gets halfway there

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/election-update-the-craziest-end-to-the-2016-campaign-runs-through-new-mexico/

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Hitler B. Natural posted:

Nate Silver attempts to create a map which sits in the overlap between "mental" and "halfway plausible", gets halfway there

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/election-update-the-craziest-end-to-the-2016-campaign-runs-through-new-mexico/

Congress would clearly listen to the will of the people, and anoint Paul Ryan as the 45th President of the US

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Nate Silver has completely lost the plot.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Hitler B. Natural posted:

A month ago I might have believe this map as possible.

Now? Hillary wins Florida, no question.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

God Hates Figs!

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Nate Silver has completely lost the plot.

He doesn't say this is at all likely to happen. In fact he explicitly states it isn't. Just that it's not impossible.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hypothetically, what even happens if a third party candidate actually wins the election?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I believe the last time it sorta kinda happened we had a civil war.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

hypothetically, what even happens if a third party candidate actually wins the election?

Gary Johnson basically is a Republican and governs exactly like that.

Jill Stein rules over the remaining 3 people after a mysterious virus killed off all humanity.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Endorph posted:

If get a majority of electoral votes, you win. I mean, you probably need to pick a caucaus to side with for some matters, but overall, not much. The democrats and the republicans were third parties at various points in the very distant past

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
So it was a couple pages ago but USPOL Oct: A Song of Whites and Ire

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Endorph posted:

They become president?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Endorph posted:

They become president. Is this a trick question?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Endorph posted:

It's hard to predict how well a third-party president would be able to work with Congress.

• Locked thread