Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

Mister Adequate posted:

Nah, if they had anything meaningful they would have dropped it in the last 24 hours, because the only hope might be to cut the legs off the tax issue before it dominates the news until at least the 2nd debate.

I don't think they have poo poo, but it's worth noting that Frank Lutz quoted someone the other day saying Wikileaks is dropping something on Wednesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Wikileaks does not have anything just like when they didn't have anything on Bank of America.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

CelestialScribe posted:

I don't think they have poo poo, but it's worth noting that Frank Lutz quoted someone the other day saying Wikileaks is dropping something on Wednesday.

Yeah, they're dropping any pretense of being a serious organization.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

CelestialScribe posted:

Well if Frank Luntz says it...

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

vyelkin posted:

They did that when they accused all their critics of just being too Jewish to understand the importance of their work.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

vyelkin posted:

They dropped that with their full on (((globalist))) rant against the Panama papers while also defending Putin at the same time.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Night10194 posted:

They did that when they accused all their critics of just being too Jewish to understand the importance of their work.

All of their critics are just part of the (((establishment))).

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

lozzle posted:

So I missed this when Giuliani's abject stupidity was posted earlier, but his exact wording was:

If it were anybody else I would be charitable and assume that he merely misspoke, but since he immediately followed it up with "everybody cheats on their spouses" (and also he is a ghoul), I'm inclined to take this the ultra sexist way. :catstare:
Rduy hosed his cousin.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
oh poop. wrong thread.

tuesday is going to be a very good day

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

vyelkin posted:

Did someone say Jill Stein?

Besides the dumb domestic stuff she spouts all the time like pandering to anti-vaxxers, she also spouts pro-Putin talking points on foreign policy at every opportunity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fihGcdF3Q24

She attends events hosted by RT, sits at the same table as Putin, and gets criticized by the Russian Green Party for her silence on Putin's crimes:

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/09/russian-greens-slam-stein-for-cozying-up-to-putin-your-silence-on-his-crimes-silences-our-struggle/

At best she's a useful idiot for the Kremlin thanks to her belief that America is responsible for everything in global affairs like Euromaidan or the expansion of NATO. At worst she's actively shilling for Putin.

Btw, Alan Chartock is great. I wish more people outside Upstate NY heard him.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CelestialScribe posted:

And Roger Stone! :eng101:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Who the gently caress are Frank Lutz and Roger Stone anyway?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I constantly mix up Roger Stone and Oliver Stone

Also, on the topic, who the gently caress is Bill Mitchell?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Stein says that Hillary is more dangerous only because her photos are way more likely to jump ship and vote for her than for Trump. Jill Stein is just egotistical and wants as many votes as possible. That's why I find her stupid vanity campaign so obnoxious.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Frank Luntz is the guy who used to come up with ideas like 'They call it global warming, so ask why it's so cold out in winter.' for the GOP.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

lozzle posted:

So I missed this when Giuliani's abject stupidity was posted earlier, but his exact wording was:

If it were anybody else I would be charitable and assume that he merely misspoke, but since he immediately followed it up with "everybody cheats on their spouses" (and also he is a ghoul), I'm inclined to take this the ultra sexist way. :catstare:

he very obviously just meant to say "a woman who's only ever produced a lot of work for the FBI" and it's dumb and gross that the NYT is trying to invent something sexist to make him look bad when his record both as mayor and as a public figure is full of actual terrible racism and sexism on his part

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Corncobs

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Night10194 posted:

Frank Luntz is the guy who used to come up with ideas like 'They call it global warming, so ask why it's so cold out in winter.' for the GOP.

Yeah Frank Lutz is known for his gimmicky focus groups that generate GOP talking points as Night mentioned. Roger Stone is a massive prick GOP sleazeball operative with a fuckin Nixon tattoo between his shoulder blades.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Eifert Posting posted:

Jill Stein is just egotistical and wants as many votes as possible.

Literally everybody who ever ran for president was just egotistical and wanted as many votes as possible.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Stone is also the original 'I don't work for Trump I swear' 'fired' Trump surrogate.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Literally everybody who ever ran for president was just egotistical and wanted as many votes as possible.

"Everybody is the same."

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Most people want to win or do a thing. Jill doesn't.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/782740176850137088

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Considering Ailes is the only potentially competent member of Trump's campaign outside of Conway, this is excellent news.

Also Christie is dumb and describing him as a guru in anything (other than maybe swallowing donuts) is hilarious.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

It's probably just Trump calling Christie a fat oval office for 90 min as "debate prep".

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

Fine, better complaint:

Jill Stein is this year's embodiment of the left's perennial decision to join forces with the right in order to smash the moderate left; like how the Yippies in '68 made a shitshow of the convention nominating a guy who wanted to end Vietnam and left alone the guy who expanded the Vietnam War into two other countries.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

punk rebel ecks posted:

I read a bit about Stein the other day and apparently she left the Democratic Party due to energy policies and not economic policies?

Make sense since the Green Party is anti-science.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Mr Interweb posted:

Giuliani kept babbling about how Trump had to take those tax deductions because if he didn't, then his investors would be able to sue him.

Is there any truth to this?
Even if it were a corporate tax question rather than personal tax, and even if there were shareholders to sue him, they'd have to find a legal rule to stand on. Unfortunately for Giuliani, the state of Delaware (where Trump incorporates, because taxes) doesn't seem to have one.

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Oct 3, 2016

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

The only town-hall that Christie is a "guru" of is Taco Town

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

Stein says that Hillary is more dangerous only because her photos are way more likely to jump ship and vote for her than for Trump. Jill Stein is just egotistical and wants as many votes as possible. That's why I find her stupid vanity campaign so obnoxious.

Stein said in an NPR interview that she was more worried about Hillary because she was competent enough to do bad things, while Trump would just be a worthless figurehead.

This was her way of justifying pulling votes from Hillary, while simultaneously denying that she pulled more votes from Hillary than Trump.

speng31b fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Oct 3, 2016

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

speng31b posted:

Stein said in an NPR interview that she was more worried about Hillary because she was competent enough to do bad things, while Trump would just be a worthless figurehead.

An opinion that only proves that she herself is worthless

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Gazpacho posted:

Even if it were a corporate tax question rather than personal tax, and even if there were shareholders to sue him, they'd have to find a legal rule to stand on. Unfortunately for Giuliani the state of Delaware (where Trump incorporates, because taxes) doesn't seem to have one.

Point of order: it is my understanding that everybody incorporates in Delaware because the state has massively streamlined the process (and court system) to make it as efficient as possible in a bid to, well, attract corporations to incorporate in Delaware. Not tax purposes.

Also since everybody else incorporates in Delaware most corporate lawyers are extremely well-versed in Delaware law. It is a positive feedback loop.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/EPGCON/status/782748931448905729
https://twitter.com/brithume/status/782753826268913664

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

And it is, it is a glorious thing, to be a Basset King!

lozzle posted:

Point of order: it is my understanding that everybody incorporates in Delaware because the state has massively streamlined the process (and court system) to make it as efficient as possible in a bid to, well, attract corporations to incorporate in Delaware. Not tax purposes.

Also since everybody else incorporates in Delaware most corporate lawyers are extremely well-versed in Delaware law. It is a positive feedback loop.

Point of order who loving cares, the original point still stands.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Bassetking posted:

Point of order who loving cares, the original point still stands.

Point of order: you are a dumb dumb and I never suggested otherwise.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

So is Robert Costa, like, capable of astral projection or something, because this guy's privy to a downright eerie amount of insider info.

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

And it is, it is a glorious thing, to be a Basset King!

iospace posted:

@brithume are you going to report on Hillarys teleprompter and Lesters ear piece during the debate?
— ERIC P GILLESPIE (@EPGCON) October 3, 2016

No. We're too busy working on story about Hillary getting special instructions through her fillings. https://t.co/Em4QeaC7JL
— Brit Hume (@brithume) October 3, 2016

I am feeling... positive feelings towards Brit Hume?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Brit Hume dunking on you in a humorous manner time to hang it up

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Oxxidation posted:

So is Robert Costa, like, capable of astral projection or something, because this guy's privy to a downright eerie amount of insider info.

The Trump campaign is leaking like a sieve.

But yeah the astral projection thing is probably still true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

there's a ton of unpaid staff with nothing to do because trump has no ground game

• Locked thread