Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Aren't Christie's townhalls just him and voters shouting back and forth at each other?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Endorph posted:

there's a ton of unpaid staff with nothing to do because trump has no ground game

It's not just Trump, during the last couple of government shutdown crises he's been a merry little goblin clinging to the eaves of every GOP meeting.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Oxxidation posted:

So is Robert Costa, like, capable of astral projection or something, because this guy's privy to a downright eerie amount of insider info.

Trump has a reputation for stiffing people who work for him, so people who are in it for the money are deterred from his campaign by that.
Trump's campaign has been widely believed to be a lost cause since the beginning, so people motivated by political ambitions aren't biting.
So that really cuts down on quality campaign staffers.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
The biggest problem with the trump campaign tell-all book is that the only people who've been on the ride the whole time have Trump as a last name. The only way we get anything anywhere near the whole story is if someone puts together an Epistolary, or Tiffany goes rogue.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Pakled posted:

Trump's campaign has been widely believed to be a lost cause since the beginning, so people motivated by political ambitions aren't biting.

Are you telling me that Stephen Bannon and Mike Pence aren't the crème de la crème of campaign managers and running mates, respectively?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/colincampbell/status/782761256625197056

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Bushiz posted:

The biggest problem with the trump campaign tell-all book is that the only people who've been on the ride the whole time have Trump as a last name. The only way we get anything anywhere near the whole story is if someone puts together an Epistolary, or Tiffany goes rogue.
If there is an afterlife, I hope it is one where all that has and will occur can be observed, so that we may witness moments thought lost to time.
And if you're REALLY good, you get the deluxe package where you can watch infinite realities.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Trump's kids won't ever turn on him because they know the minute they do they're out of the family business and out of the will. Donald Jr. and Eric seem to mostly be on board with their dad but I wouldn't be surprised if Ivanka hates her life right now.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

cult member at airport posted:

Trump's kids won't ever turn on him because they know the minute they do they're out of the family business and out of the will. Donald Jr. and Eric seem to mostly be on board with their dad but I wouldn't be surprised if Ivanka hates her life right now.

Maybe after Donald kicks the bucket she'll open up more about it.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Pakled posted:

Maybe after Donald kicks the bucket she'll open up more about it.

Knowing Trump he'll probably put a non-disparagement clause in his will.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

I feel like Ivanka is the reason why Trump sometimes sounds coherent. There's no way she's not all in on the campaign.

Granted, the campaign might be tanking her Macy's clothing brand sales, which would suck for her.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sort of? She's probably the one most concerned about the damage to the "brand", but beyond that, I think she's neutral on the whole thing. She does seem the most pragmatic of his kids though, aside from Tiffany who largely wants nothing to do with it right now (though this has changed, I think?)

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Leaked audio of Trump at his beauty pageant :siren:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/10/02/the-trump-rule-listen-to-creepy-audio-of-trump-ogling-miss-usa-models.html

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lol Ailes was the only one on Trumps team who had any clue about how to do well in a debate. Ahaha whoever called Christie s guru at town halls. I mean what the gently caress?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Bip Roberts posted:

It's probably just Donnie calling Christie a fat oval office for 90 min as "debate prep".

Another burger dinner where Donnie throws his scraps down to Christie.

The fatass may be wearing a dog or clown suit.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I like how some people literally can't fathom a woman being more intelligent than a man so they think there must be something going on

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Tiffany probably only has a pittance in the will anyway, and lord knows what the actual Trump Family Financials look like. The tell-all would be a guaranteed bestseller and could launch her a career as a pundit.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/stevenjay/status/782324534171070464

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Ego-bot posted:

Aren't Christie's townhalls just him and voters shouting back and forth at each other?

He mostly yells at teachers from what I remember.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Goddamn, when Hillary and her team were doing their oppo research they must have thought "how the hell are we going to get through all this, it's all kill shot material each as awful and damning as the last"

What an embarrassment of riches. gently caress Trump

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I know the whole beauty industry is creepy as gently caress but...goddamn. :stonk:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Remember when that Mexican Warlock endorsed Hillary? He's been sending his scryings to Costa

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

lmao at Brit Hume dunking on a conspiracy theorist

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Epic High Five posted:

Remember when that Mexican Warlock endorsed Hillary? He's been sending his scryings to Costa

After hearing Trump campaigning to build a wall between the Material World and Nether Realm what choice did they have?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Just in case anyone was wondering the Trump tax story is still dominating the main headlines on every single news site.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Just in case anyone was wondering the Trump tax story is still dominating the main headlines on every single news site.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Goons, I have finally got it. Trump isn't Hitler, and he isn't Mussolini either.

Trump is Don Corneo.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

After Trump's previous lie about his own height, I decided to look up if Eric Trump is really 6'6" like Trump claims in the audio.

He is actually 6'5".

What is with Trump and pathologically lying about completely pointless poo poo?

Also surprise surprise beauty pageants are run by disgusting people.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Alkydere posted:

I know the whole beauty industry is creepy as gently caress but...goddamn. :stonk:

Reading that article also implies that he owns (owned?) the Miss Teen USA pageant, meaning he was doing this to teenage girls as well. Just in case you weren't depressed enough. :(

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's gonna be weird if that's the thing that sinks him since as far as I know it doesn't represent anything illegal or unethical at all.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Would someone mind posting the link to the soundcloud in this story? It's not loading right for me, just giving me a grey square with "soundcloud" on it, even when I disable my adblocker.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Samurai Sanders posted:

It's gonna be weird if that's the thing that sinks him since as far as I know it doesn't represent anything illegal or unethical at all.

Arguably unethical, but that being said, it's one thing to "not pay any taxes", and entirely different thing to "not pay taxes because you utterly suck at business when your entire image is built around it."

That said:
https://twitter.com/nxthompson/status/782767557271023617

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

lozzle posted:

After Trump's previous lie about his own height, I decided to look up if Eric Trump is really 6'6" like Trump claims in the audio.

He is actually 6'5".

Pathological liars just keep on going. No need for rational they just do it. Hell Trump is practically this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mFz4McarlQ

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Will for awhile, no matter how Trump responds

The media fucjing love poo poo like this. It's why smart campaigns release it super early to wear the story out so that it doesn't, for example, crop up a few weeks from the election and drown everything else out

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

A Winner is Jew posted:

They dropped that with their full on (((globalist))) rant against the Panama papers while also defending Putin at the same time.

They dropped it when they suggest Assange was set up when he was accused of rape.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Not really weird, I think. Most everyone in this country knows the wealthy are corrupt and enjoy all sorts of tax breaks, but they don't like being reminded of it. This is a one-two punch of Trump losing almost a billion dollars and not paying taxes for twenty years, both of which are awful optics for Trump.

Also, remember that Trump's big red button is his money. He can excuse most things if he tries, but he always goes ape when someone goes after his finances and especially any suggestion that he's ever lost money or didn't earn his money.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

iospace posted:

Arguably unethical, but that being said, it's one thing to "not pay any taxes", and entirely different thing to "not pay taxes because you utterly suck at business when your entire image is built around it."

That said:
https://twitter.com/nxthompson/status/782767557271023617

How much is that Obama getting older vs being president?

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Pakled posted:

Would someone mind posting the link to the soundcloud in this story? It's not loading right for me, just giving me a grey square with "soundcloud" on it, even when I disable my adblocker.

https://soundcloud.com/the-daily-beast/the-trump-rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

lozzle posted:

After Donnie 's previous lie about his own height, I decided to look up if Eric Trump is really 6'6" like Trump claims in the audio.

He is actually 6'5".

Also surprise surprise beauty pageants are run by disgusting people.

Who lied? Donnie or the son?

Also what are the chance Donnie passed on his crazy genes to his sons(Especially the 10 year old, holy lovely having kids after 40 already has elevated risk, never mind 60)?

• Locked thread