Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I don't know why I never used the tmp in resident evil 4 as a kid, it's very good

also resident evil 4 is still the best one in case anyone was wondering if resident evil 6 got better in the past few months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oof

She's gonna be at the con I'm going to. Again.

She's not very good.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

geek

comedian

yeah get the hell out of here you liar

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9-1ZblryPE

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

I don't know why I never used the tmp in resident evil 4 as a kid, it's very good

also resident evil 4 is still the best one in case anyone was wondering if resident evil 6 got better in the past few months

I keep hearing RE6 doesn't do a very good job teaching people the best and most enjoyable way to play it, and I'd like to know what that way is

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Mods please changed name to "even Yaoi?!?" tia

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Looper posted:

I keep hearing RE6 doesn't do a very good job teaching people the best and most enjoyable way to play it, and I'd like to know what that way is

The most fun way to play RE6 is to not play it because that game is absolutely miserable and the jitter cam is also nauseating. But if you insist on doing it anyway, run directly up to the zombies and punch and slide and max payne dive into them, that's the most enjoyable way.

edit: Basically, play it like this (5:00)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkY8fcbfjqM&t=303s

Jumping and flying and rolling all over the place is the most fun you can have with the game and it's a shame such an amazing moveset was wasted on a game that sucks rear end.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Oct 3, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guns work fine in RE6? At least I never had any problems using them even in Professional. Mixing up melee and guns is the best way to play though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Phantasium posted:

Turns out I was being dumb and the orbs the non-medusa Medusa form* shoots out can be ducked under, remaking the final boss rush of this game still one of the easier final parts of a Castlevania.

Good job beating the most underrated Castlevania.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looper posted:

Co op because the partner AI is miserable.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
miyamoto i love you man but i refuse to buy that mario is supposed to be 24 years old. Death of the author and all that but come on the guy's gotta be at least pushin 35 with a mustache like that

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I've been playing Sam and Max Season 3 on the PC, and recently got a Steam Link so now I can just chill out on the couch and play it. I plug the controller in and immediately the screen is bombarded with little bubbles telling me where every point of interest is. Thanks, Tell Tale; just because I'm using a controller doesn't mean I'm a loving idiot.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

CJacobs posted:

miyamoto i love you man but i refuse to buy that mario is supposed to be 24 years old. Death of the author and all that but come on the guy's gotta be at least pushin 35 with a mustache like that

Does that make Luigi 19?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

a.lo posted:

Does that make Luigi 19?

They're twins.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

They're twins.

Oh well nevermind.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lurdiak posted:

They're twins.

But luigi mario is a whole head taller than mario mario

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Is there a long dark thread here?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CJacobs posted:

But luigi mario is a whole head taller than mario mario

They are fraternal twins

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Regy Rusty posted:

They are fraternal twins

Hmm, okay, I'll accept that. I am still not buying that Mario is anything but a kind middle-aged man, however

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I don't think CJacobs has played Yoshi's Island.

You should play Yoshi's Island.

Also I don't buy that Bowser is in his 20's either.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CJacobs posted:

Hmm, okay, I'll accept that. I am still not buying that Mario is anything but a kind middle-aged man, however

Mario lies about his age on Tinder because he doesn't accept that he wasted his youth plumbing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lurdiak posted:

Mario lies about his age on Tinder because he doesn't accept that he wasted his youth plumbing.

I admire mario for making the smart decision to go to a trade school instead of wasting unnecessary time and money at a traditional college tbh. Good on him.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Accordion Man posted:

I don't think CJacobs has played Yoshi's Island.

You should play Yoshi's Island.

Also I don't buy that Bowser is in his 20's either.

Bowser is in the prime of his youth. Being in his 20s is easily believable. He works with Kammy Koopa because he doesn't have a discriminatory bone in his body.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Now, do something cool and make Peach in her mid 30s, Miyamoto.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

CJacobs posted:

the cited interview is from 2005, obviously he's 35 by now

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CJacobs posted:

I admire mario for making the smart decision to go to a trade school instead of wasting unnecessary time and money at a traditional college tbh. Good on him.

His fame as a hero-man has made him jaded about his blue collar past.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I mean, he was born in 1981

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Is Quantum Break worth getting?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

no

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

has anyone played Vermintide, it looks like a fun L4D-esque game to play with friends, comes out on PS4 tomorrow

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Palpek posted:

Did you like Alan Wake? Do you generally enjoy cover-based shooters? Are you a fan of Sci-Fi original programming?

If yes, then Quantum Break may be for you!

(Honestly, it's fun for what it is... I recently started a second play through and it's stills enjoyable)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

You know, it's totally OK to only play 7 chords in your entire life. Legendary punk and folk artists have carved decades-spanning careers using even less than that.

But I mean I don't think she even needs the guitar. Nobody is gonna care if she remembers to go to D when she rhymes "Layton's British" with "Yaoi fetish".

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
I need a good , cheap game to play coop with 2 or 3 people. Leaning more towards action or first person games but really eh it's whatever. Something to tide me over until BF1 is released. Any suggestions?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Palpek posted:

It's as good as Uncharted 4.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rexroom posted:

It's as good as Uncharted 4.

Aren't Quantum Break's "cutscenes" unskippable though?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

zenintrude posted:

Did you like Alan Wake? Do you generally enjoy cover-based shooters? Are you a fan of Sci-Fi original programming?
Yes, yes and no. I'm reading that it's not a bad game but not exceptional either. People are saying that it's repetitive and too linear but that the powers are cool and that choices matter.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Killstick posted:

I need a good , cheap game to play coop with 2 or 3 people. Leaning more towards action or first person games but really eh it's whatever. Something to tide me over until BF1 is released. Any suggestions?

alienation, helldivers

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

is it worth getting and is it worth playing are two different questions. don't spend money on it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

precision posted:

Aren't Quantum Break's "cutscenes" unskippable though?

You can skip them but it shouts at you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have not played Quantum Break. Most games I've played with the word Quantum in the title have been pretty poor.

• Locked thread