Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

cant cook creole bream posted:

As much as I hate it, it's probably just because there are countless people in my country who actually really like that guy.

You know who else a lot of people in your country liked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

His description of how much aluminum was used in the curtain wall at Trump Tower Chicago is confusing. "207,000 feet of aluminum" does not mean anything. Is that square feet or or linear feet of extruded framing (and what size is that)?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Unless rental prices have exploded in the last few years you can do OK renting in Virginia just down from 395 and commuting into DC. Traffic sucks unless you leave early though.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

GalacticAcid posted:

Dude, you don't have to rub it in! There at least a dozen good people around here.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

GalacticAcid posted:

David Hasselhoff.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Night10194 posted:

When I visited him and my best friend out in Germantown, learning my friend was paying 3 times what I do for a similar apartment and that my brother was plopping down more than double my cost on a lovely basement apartment was just eye-popping.

lol, Germantown is one of the "cheaper" suburbs of DC and is about half an hour outside the city. I got an amazing deal on a 410 square feet studio apartment in Dupont circle for only $1,550 a month. The average 1 BR in DC is now just over $2,100 a month according to WaPo.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Clinton being higher or almost the same in FL / NC compared to PA makes no sense at all.

Not to mention the 10 point gap between FL and OH; which has never happened in a modern election.

Generally good numbers, but the toplines don't make sense. We'll have to see some more post-debate polls.
You know the answer, in your heart.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Radish posted:

Unless rental prices have exploded in the last few years you can do OK renting in Virginia just down from 395 and commuting into DC. Traffic sucks unless you leave early though.

Rental prices have exploded in the last few years. You have to go way out into Virginia (like 45 minutes or more) to get down to a semi-reasonable level. Plus commuting into DC by car is either crazy expensive with fuel + parking costs or much more time consuming if you drive to a metro stop and commute in. It also defeats the purpose of living in a major metro area.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Mr.Citrus posted:

Just read about the wikileaks speach move, Is it possible Assange moved the speech from London to Berlin because of Libel laws?

No, the UK fixed their crazy libel laws.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Rental prices have exploded in the last few years. You have to go way out into Virginia (like 45 minutes or more) to get down to a semi-reasonable level. Plus commuting into DC by car is either crazy expensive with fuel + parking costs or much more time consuming if you drive to a metro stop and commute in. It also defeats the purpose of living in a major metro area.
Yep. DC is turning into a New York level nightmare to live in.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I need to get my place rented out PDQ. Oddly my property value has remained consistent for a decade.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Quoting this because I can't believe how loving wrong you are. Like, do you know anything at all about Drudge? IIRC Rush Limbaugh has less impact in the right wing media than Matt Drudge does at this point.
He got eclipsed by his toady Breitbart ages ago. Crazies might still read Drudge but he's not the household name he was in the late 90s.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/wpjenna/status/783019928421105664
(spoilers: it's exactly what you'd expect the answer to be)

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

sarmhan posted:

With the major caveat that DC sucks and New York is absurdly good.

Sensible Thursday
Jul 28, 2007
The Q polls all go back to 9/27 so they haven't fully factored in Trump's post-debate trainwreck yet. The magnitude of the Florida swing might be a sign that the Cuba embargo violation story actually has legs.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Radish posted:

I need to get my place rented out PDQ. Oddly my property value has remained consistent for a decade.

If you own property in NoVa that isn't rented out, you're sitting on a ton of money. If you own property in NoVa that is within a short distance of a metro station, you can probably retire right now.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If you own property in NoVa that isn't rented out, you're sitting on a ton of money. If you own property in NoVa that is within a short distance of a metro station, you can probably retire right now.

Yeah metro walkable stuff in NoVa was already getting really pricey when I bought years ago but I figured stuff farther away was still relatively sane (sounds like this is not the case). They just built up a bunch of condos and houses around two metro stops and they are absurd.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

iospace posted:

If you really don't know what his answer would be, it's this:

He lambasts the military for being too politically correct, and that it's a giant social experiment. When pressed for specifics, all he said is that he would follow the advice of top military leaders.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Top military leaders probably includes A1C Fucknuts from Mud, Arkansas. Who thinks Imperial Japan style letgal hazing and institutionalized rape are good things.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

iospace posted:

Retired Col. Lisa Simpson asked C. Donald Trump, "Mr. Trump, your campaign seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?"

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Ohio is still odd. I lived there for 8 years and it seems strange for it to be the prime Trump supporting swing state. It's not all dumb rural white people you have 3 or 4 large cities and was pretty solid for Obama in 08.

Though almost everyone I know under the age of 50 moved away to find better jobs in other states since 08 so maybe that has happened on a large enough scale to nudge the state.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Goatman Sacks posted:

Retired Col. Lisa Simpson asked C. Donald Trump, "Mr. Trump, your campaign seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?"

Retired Col Lisa Simpson, needs braces,

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I can't even imagine what my Aunt's house in Arlington is worth (5 minute walk from Clarendon Metro).

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

HAIL SATAN

Looks like I screenshotted it just in time, polls+ is now 67.1%

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Sensible Thursday posted:

The Q polls all go back to 9/27 so they haven't fully factored in Trump's post-debate trainwreck yet. The magnitude of the Florida swing might be a sign that the Cuba embargo violation story actually has legs.

Plus they wont factor in the tax story. I read a Washington Post article yesterday that a lot of voters in Ohio may be pissed off about Trump paying no income tax and being a lovely businessman.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Rasmussen just had another national poll out with a 2 point shift from their last one.

Towards Clinton. Rasmussen has her up 3 now.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I'm honestly losing track of all of Trumps horrible gaffes. They are too many, I can't keep up with them.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/NRA/status/783003466381795328

Stay classy, NRA.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

The best part about Trump scandals and gaffes is that they sprout new ones as he tackles them.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Bad Moon posted:

I'm honestly losing track of all of Trumps horrible gaffes. They are too many, I can't keep up with them.

That's his super 27th dimensional chess strategy.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

sarmhan posted:

I can't even imagine what my Aunt's house in Arlington is worth (5 minute walk from Clarendon Metro).

According to Zillow, if it is at least 2 Bedrooms, it's between 1.1 million and 1.9 million.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

oh please NRA pick a fight with Yeezy

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Night10194 posted:

Rasmussen just had another national poll out with a 2 point shift from their last one.

Towards Clinton. Rasmussen has her up 3 now.

I feel like rasmussen has shifted back and forth a lot this cycle. How often have they had the same candidate leading in successive polls?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Paris, France.

Not Paris, Texas, you fuckin idiot.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

oh please NRA pick a fight with Yeezy
I don't think there were any gunmen. It's probably all insurance fraud.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Phone posted:

Paris, France.

Not Paris, Texas, you fuckin idiot.

That's the point - "Oh no, how can the French have gun crimes with their mighty gun control laws?!"

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

sarmhan posted:

The big problem is that DC's stupid city-wide height limit on buildings prevents the appropriate build-up of high rise residences and offices. So those have to be built spread out around the city in the VA and MD suburbs when they're built at all, which makes it all a mess.

And all that is because some rich douchebags in the late 19th century got mad that a 8 story hotel blocked their view of nothing in particular.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

sarmhan posted:

I don't know but an aunt of mine passed away last year and her house (which is 1.1k sq ft and generally undersirable) is a bit over half a mile walk from the Rockville Metro in MD and went for almost half a million.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Casimir Radon posted:

I don't think there were any gunmen. It's probably all insurance fraud.

uh huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

canepazzo posted:

HAIL SATAN

Looks like I screenshotted it just in time, polls+ is now 67.1%

It's back to 69.8 :heysexy:

• Locked thread