Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

Pee into empty water and gatorade bottles to save the time you would use walking all the way to your bathroom. Remember to keep bottles separate and labeled if possible

"2016"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

What's the actual reason for those super short faucets that barely reach the sink? All of the sinks at work are like that and it makes it impossible to wash your hands because there's nowhere for your hands to go.

I've always been curious about this as well. Every house I've lived in (older houses in the American South) has had those stubby little faucets and it can be quite inconvenient.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CainsDescendant posted:

I've always been curious about this as well. Every house I've lived in (older houses in the American South) has had those stubby little faucets and it can be quite inconvenient.

It would probably be against god's will if maintaining basic hygiene were easy, or something like that.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

CainsDescendant posted:

It's a very old design. Which means the faucet factory had the molds forever. There was no R&D costs or marketing involved. So there was probably a good long time when those were the cheapest faucets available.

Keeping the old design around could have a secondary benefit for the manufacturers. If that's the default design for working class people, then the status conscious will pay a premium for better faucets, even they don't actually cost much more to make.

Eventually they go away because their all metal design is more expensive than the cheapest modern partly plastic faucets manufactured overseas.

Just guessing, but it seems like a likely chain of events.

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!
When I'm faced with a double tap sink I usually wash my hands really fast under the hot so I finish before it starts burning. It is, however, the worst if I have to wash my face in one and there's no plug.

I hate public hand dryers that blow super hot air really slowly: your hands get burnt and remain wet! Dyson Airblades only thanks.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Aristophanes posted:

When I'm faced with a double tap sink I usually wash my hands really fast under the hot so I finish before it starts burning. It is, however, the worst if I have to wash my face in one and there's no plug.

I hate public hand dryers that blow super hot air really slowly: your hands get burnt and remain wet! Dyson Airblades only thanks.

Yeah let me dry my hands by carefully maneuvering my hands in a venturi tunnel lined with everyone else's snot and piss water.

Go suck a dick

Wasabi the J has a new favorite as of 00:03 on Oct 4, 2016

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Dyson airblades loving rule because your hands are dry in 20 seconds, who loving cares about some airborne viruses or whatever. Someone sneezing at you in the tram is more likely to make you sick. Embrace technology.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
You people make me sick.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Lifehack: if you never go into public your hands will never get dirty and you will never get sick.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Basically everything in public is nasty as all hell(how many sick people have sneezed on those grocery shelves? Or the card reader screen at the checkout?), but somehow people aren't getting sick in droves. You'd probably pick up just as much, if not more, disease by opening the bathroom door without using a towel as a barrier.

If you're that scared of germs, then feel free to be one of those people who Purells their hands whenever they're in the general vicinity of something that other people touched.

Haifisch has a new favorite as of 02:20 on Oct 4, 2016

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Haifisch posted:

Basically everything in public is nasty as all hell(how many sick people have sneezed on those grocery shelves? Or the card reader screen at the checkout?), but somehow people aren't getting sick in droves. You'd probably pick up just as much, if not more, disease by opening the bathroom door without using a towel as a barrier.

If you're that scared of germs, then feel free to be one of those people who Purells their hands whenever they're in the general vicinity of something that other people touched.

The main difference there is that none of those are good environments for germs. Anything with water on it that isn't too hot or too cold is though.

lifehack: drink from the toilet, the water in the tank was clean before it went in the bowl!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I wish dress gloves would come back into fashion. While you're out shopping or whatever all the stuff you touch never touches your skin. The glove themselves are dry, so they aren't a great host for germs.

Maybe those boss veil hats too. If someone sneezes in your face some of the snot cloud will get stuck on your veil instead of going right into your eye.

Lifehack: dress like an old fashioned lady to beat cold season. Even if you are a dude.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
What, you mean you don't go shopping in your beekeeping and/or fencing suit?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Foreveralone hack:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Rockin Orthodontist posted:

Foreveralone hack:

Sponges are backwards

:getin:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Rockin Orthodontist posted:

Foreveralone hack:

saving to folder loss dot jay peg

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Bunch of bloody Dyson apologists, just wipe your pee hands on your pants.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

LookieLoo posted:

Why wipe? Everyone assumes your hands are wet from washing anyway.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Temperature makes little difference with regards to germ removal when washing hands.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

MariusLecter posted:

Pee into empty water and gatorade bottles to save the time you would use walking all the way to your bathroom. Remember to keep bottles separate and labeled if possible

If you follow this advice in public as well as at home you won't even be near a germ ridden bathroom.

Bunch of loving noobs

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

Temperature makes little difference with regards to germ removal when washing hands.

When I first read your statement I thought you were full of poo poo because traditional thinking tends to be "the hotter the better" regarding hand washing.

Well, I did some Googling and :aaaaa:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Zipperelli. posted:

When I first read your statement I thought you were full of poo poo because traditional thinking tends to be "the hotter the better" regarding hand washing.

Well, I did some Googling and :aaaaa:

Hotter is better, as long as by hotter you mean boiling or near boiling. Immerse yourself in boiling water for at least 5 minutes and many of the surface germs on your body will die. Side effects may include all your skin sloughing off, and death, but by god you'll be clean.

A nice quick dip in the pools at Yellowstone will solve all your problems.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

LookieLoo posted:

I can buy this perfectly good fan, or this one that looks like a star wars toy but is $500 more.

Gee, let me think.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Let's lifehack a gas mask, what could go wrong?

Bonus stuffing something that smells nice on the snout like a loving medieval doctor or something

Space Kablooey has a new favorite as of 18:02 on Oct 4, 2016

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Here in the Netherlands many "bathrooms" (which are just closets with a toilet and tiny sink in them) only have cold water in said tiny sink. Presumably this is because the Dutch are a very cheap people and won't splash out for having hot water in their sinks. People don't seem to get more colds, but I personally find it disgusting so I wash my pisshands in the kitchen sink were there is hot water.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Here in the Netherlands many "bathrooms" (which are just closets with a toilet and tiny sink in them) only have cold water in said tiny sink. Presumably this is because the Dutch are a very cheap people and won't splash out for having hot water in their sinks. People don't seem to get more colds, but I personally find it disgusting so I wash my pisshands in the kitchen sink were there is hot water.

it doesnt make any difference how hot the water is you dummy

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

http://i.imgur.com/bCQrfkF.gifv

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

The lifehack moneyshot is pouring hot candle wax from a perfectly fine candle onto an inferior wick to make an inferior candle. Just use the match and the candle! Walla!

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
^^^^^^^
:argh:

The best part is when they use a lit candle to drip wax on it. Why use the match at all if you already have the candle? :psyduck:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Pesticide20 posted:

^^^^^^^
:argh:

The best part is when they use a lit candle to drip wax on it. Why use the match at all if you already have the candle? :psyduck:

IT BURNS FOR A LONG TIME

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

http://i.imgur.com/gWNCVVT.gifv

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The ESPECIALLY FOR LADIES bit made me laugh, then sigh. I'm not even sure what's going on there, are they... prestressing the lemon? If that even did anything all the juice would leak out when you cut it!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Kwyndig posted:

The ESPECIALLY FOR LADIES bit made me laugh, then sigh. I'm not even sure what's going on there, are they... prestressing the lemon? If that even did anything all the juice would leak out when you cut it!
Cutting it lengthwise, when most folks cut along the equator, as it were. Vertical lines are slimming! :downs:

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
I like all the juice running down their hand and dripping onto the counter. Gonna get ants from being so sloppy with their food!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Kwyndig posted:

I've never thought about whether it actually works as advertised, but it does seem that lemons I roll around are easier to juice than lemons I don't. Leakier upon cutting, yes, but not terribly so.

source: trying to make the best out of what life gives me :smith:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

corn in the bible posted:

IT BURNS FOR A LONG TIME

Something something gonorrhea

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

http://i.imgur.com/gkMc39w.gifv

also,

http://i.imgur.com/FpKzCIN.gifv

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

There has to be a better way!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

My Lovely Horse posted:

There has to be a better way!

Just pour it in your mouth hole, ya dingus!