Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

What kind of external memory card do you hook up to a PSTV?

The expensive proprietary ones that Sony makes because nothing else will work with it (unless the recent hacking stuff has made it possible to hookup an external HD or something, which I doubt).

Enjoy that $80 price tag for 32 GB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

thank you, shaq

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Lizard Wizard posted:

thank you, shaq

I'm so glad that Nairo gets a kiss from Shaquille O'Neal

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Shaq seems like a legitimately nice dude

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
His ego was riding insufferably high for a while during his time at the Lakers but otherwise, yeah he's pretty good dude.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

bloodychill posted:

His ego was riding insufferably high for a while during his time at the Lakers but otherwise, yeah he's pretty good dude.

also a genie

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I wonder if Shaq Fu 2 will come out before Barkley 2

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

He's way cooler than kobe bryant

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hell almost everyone is better than Kobe Bryant

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm replaying Dark Souls 3 (aka Dark Souls III) in preparation for the new DLC (and to enjoy my new video card) and it is still gooooood.

I've learnt that my playstyle, being slow and exploratory, prefers to play offline. Online doesn't offer anything I'm interested in, even "Hurrah for skeleton, therefore skeleton" messages aren't worth the hassle of being invaded by someone who is probably better than me at the game

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

even "Hurrah for skeleton, therefore skeleton" messages aren't worth the hassle of being invaded by someone who is probably better than me at the game

leave my sight.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Try jumping, lizard ahead

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Jay Rust posted:

I'm replaying Dark Souls 3 (aka Dark Souls III) in preparation for the new DLC (and to enjoy my new video card) and it is still gooooood.

I've learnt that my playstyle, being slow and exploratory, prefers to play offline. Online doesn't offer anything I'm interested in, even "Hurrah for skeleton, therefore skeleton" messages aren't worth the hassle of being invaded by someone who is probably better than me at the game

Are you a member of the dev team?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
RedLetterMedia put out their first full-length Plinkett review in like four years and it's real bad. I really wish I had spent that time gaming instead.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

Are you a member of the dev team?

Yes, please forward your complaints about poise to me

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Guy Mann posted:

RedLetterMedia put out their first full-length Plinkett review in like four years and it's real bad. I really wish I had spent that time gaming instead.
what did they review

i mean yes i could go look but I won't now, just out of spite

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

CrashCat posted:

what did they review

i mean yes i could go look but I won't now, just out of spite

The Force Awakens, nominally.

Most of the video is about how attitudes to the prequel trilogy have changed in the past few years, and what Disney taking over Star Wars means. The bit relating to TFA is easily the worst bit of the video.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

when the phantom menace 3d came out i watched it with the red letter media audio they made and good gosh i wish i didn't

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
From what I understand it really feels like the RLM review wants to say there are too many non-white people in TFA but never has the balls to directly say that. That's just what I heard though. I'm not spending almost two hours to find out.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Yeah I'm gonna go watch a video the exact same length as the movie it's about so I can learn why it sucks

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

tap my mountain posted:

Yeah I'm gonna go watch a video the exact same length as the movie it's about so I can learn why it sucks

It's mostly not about the movie, and it doesn't say the movie sucks.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the point of watching the video isn't to learn why it's bad, it's that mike is a funny guy divorced from the really garbage plinkett stuff and his other trashboy jokes

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

glam rock hamhock posted:

From what I understand it really feels like the RLM review wants to say there are too many non-white people in TFA but never has the balls to directly say that. That's just what I heard though. I'm not spending almost two hours to find out.

No they said it pretty directly and then went on to say that most people probably won't care about the diversity angle one way or another, which is true

I dunno, I thought it was funny because I like The Red Letter Media Gang but it was not a very well-structured video

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
The Plinkett video is not about the new movie. It's about the resurgence of Star Wars poo poo in the past few years due to Disney buying the IP rights and its related bullshit. That's why the title of the video is "The Star Wars Awakens." tl;dr: reading is hard.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I made a big care comment on the video about how Mike's wrong about the diversity thing from top to bottom and I fully expect to be called a kukk ess jay double you by the great fandom of RLM.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Lurdiak posted:

I made a big care comment on the video about how Mike's wrong about the diversity thing from top to bottom and I fully expect to be called a kukk ess jay double you by the great fandom of RLM.

Why did you do that?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lurdiak posted:

Personally I think he's right that most people won't care, but I think he's wrong in implying that just putting diversity in for diversity's sake won't lead to change. It will, it's just a more bruteforce-ey method.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Apparently diversity should be sexier? I don't actually get what they're going for.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Love Stole the Day posted:

The Plinkett video is not about the new movie. It's about the resurgence of Star Wars poo poo in the past few years due to Disney buying the IP rights and its related bullshit. That's why the title of the video is "The Star Wars Awakens." tl;dr: reading is hard.

please don't tell me you watched it

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Lurdiak posted:

Why the hell did you put a comment on YT. :v:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Shindragon posted:

Maybe he's a youtube HERO???

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Chomp8645 posted:

Maybe he's a youtube HERO???

Oh drat didn't think about that. But it was more of you know what's gonna happen. There is no civil discussion to be found on YT.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
idk I liked the new Plinkett review even if he spent longer than necessary on Star Wars' resurgence. He brings up a few good points on how to make Force Awakens better and I found myself agreeing with him a bit

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CJacobs posted:

Personally I think he's right that most people won't care, but I think he's wrong in implying that just putting diversity in for diversity's sake won't lead to change. It will, it's just a more bruteforce-ey method.

Kids do care tho.

Shindragon posted:

Because I'm a stupid rear end in a top hat.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
He spends way too much time addressing the weird "Ring Theory" and why it's bad which any sane person knows so it's a bit pointless and he doesn't spend enough time talking about how awesome it would be if Poe and Finn make kisses on each other's faces

...why are we talking about it in this thread, though?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

can someone recommend a ps2-to-usb adapter that works so i can play all video games with my sweet hosed up ninja controller (see previous thread)?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Lurdiak posted:

I'm a stupid rear end in a top hat.
:yeah:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

can someone recommend a ps2-to-usb adapter that works so i can play all video games with my sweet hosed up ninja controller (see previous thread)?

I bought a thing like this years ago from deal extreme and it maps everything to xinput so you don't even have to modify anything for most games.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ejsp.90/abstract

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Great Joe posted:

Apparently diversity should be sexier? I don't actually get what they're going for.

the sexy thing was separate from the diversity thing and basically his criticism is that in hollywood if theres 2 people getting through danger they should be romantic tension because that's how movies have always worked.

it seemed like it bled together because he transitions from saying that the finn character doesn't do anything important in the movie and he probably thinks he only exists to get a black guy in the film but that's cool as long as he gets to gently caress the girl cause thats how movies go.

idk personally. the new movie feels really lifeless to me so maybe some romantic tension would spice it up but i think the issue is more that its a weak copy of the old movies with a much less understandable story but i'm no youtube expert so what do i know.

• Locked thread