Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Al! posted:

I have something to admit: biden has no glamour on me, i dont know why

ur not the only one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Yinlock posted:

a duel he was also late for

musashi was ridiculous

late for on purpose just to troll the guy

if some of you have never heard the musashi stories, they're fairly amazing stories of trolling and swords

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

zen death robot posted:

Please don't post about posting, even though I sort of am right now. Thanks!

can i post about this post or is that too meta for you

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Regular Nintendo posted:

Emptied out my car trunk today, look what I found

No loving way :vince:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/samsteinhp/status/783118619152556032

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i mean hes probably created nonconsensual scars in ladies he was sexing because he thought axe based rough sex and blood play was too hot to hold back on

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

i dont really like rich/powerful ppl in general tho

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbHeNkqRWtI

Trumple man

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Lycus posted:

I hope she puts the big glasses back on at her inauguration.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Captain_Maclaine posted:

He's not all that rich, as I recall.

hey, i do have a not all that rich uncle!!!! But hes more of a Niles Crane, than a Cool Uncle Joe

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

i really wish msnbc had offered him and his team and position cause they would actually work with his content and investigative abilities a whole hell of a lot better than cnn

i mean i love coop and lemon is cool w/ me from what i've seen, but ugh the rest of it is rather tiresome

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

FAUXTON posted:

Do yourself a favor and don't start, he's not that great of an author and a lot of his poo poo is bitcoin masturbation (and not the wacky "be your own boat *gets chlamydia*" kind) wrapped in some real fuckin dumb storylines. He has a recurring marysue named Enoch that's shown up in like 6 books with settings ranging from the renaissance to replicator-equipped future, and he can't stop beating off to men with swords.

In short, he's a sword fanatic obsessed with a post-apoc bitcoin cipherpunk future who can't stop literally inserting his dick into his own stories (he has a character wake up marooned on a beach in the pacific staring at his marysue's wang, that's where I noped the gently caress out of cryptonomicon) while thinking he's going to end up writing the next Infinite Jest, But With Bitcoin Or At Least Some Kind Of Cryptography.

welp

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Turdfuzz posted:

they just need accountability, that's all

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Lastgirl posted:

how's the soju playin out

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Turdfuzz posted:

same.

My roommate in college would key every rich persons' car pretty much without fail.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

*zips gimp mask on self, runs hand over axe handles* yes the labrys........for the womanly soft touch....... *licks inside of gimp mask*

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

which requires making them less rich/powerful

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Lastgirl posted:

Marcus Garvey
Oct 24, 2015

Looking to go all out and have the Cadillac of katanas? A buddy of mine bought this sword and let me tell you, if I had saved all the money I spent on crappier katanas (and was a little taller) I would have this baby in a heartbeat.

The Furui Shishi by Thaitsuki is a very nice katana, as are most of the upper end Thaitsuki katanas now. With a 29 1/2″ blade it is a little too long for me but perfect for anyone 5′ 8″ to 5′ 10″. This baby is remarkable right down to the saya (wooden hand rubbed lacquer finish).

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

a question: don lemon was a joke for a long while, when did he become cool again

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

maybe nobody deserves to be hung by their entrails

publishko
Feb 16, 2014

FAUXTON posted:

Do yourself a favor and don't start, he's not that great of an author and a lot of his poo poo is bitcoin masturbation (and not the wacky "be your own boat *gets chlamydia*" kind) wrapped in some real fuckin dumb storylines. He has a recurring marysue named Enoch that's shown up in like 6 books with settings ranging from the renaissance to replicator-equipped future, and he can't stop beating off to men with swords.

In short, he's a sword fanatic obsessed with a post-apoc bitcoin cipherpunk future who can't stop literally inserting his dick into his own stories (he has a character wake up marooned on a beach in the pacific staring at his marysue's wang, that's where I noped the gently caress out of cryptonomicon) while thinking he's going to end up writing the next Infinite Jest, But With Bitcoin Or At Least Some Kind Of Cryptography.

I was enjoying Anathem in spite of its masturbatory nature until I starting reading Book of the New Sun, which takes place in a vaguely similar sort of setting, and I realized how utterly pedestrian Stephenson's writing was. His tangents on Platonic philosophy were kinda cool though

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
The exploited cannot hold the exploiters accountable.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

An extreme position in 2016.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Al! posted:

An extreme position in 2016.

Marcus Garvey
Oct 24, 2015
I liked cryptonomicon a lot but I was also 12 years old and hadn't really been exposed to any sort of meganerdy things and it was a good outlet for that

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

I can't wait for the next debate when Hillarys first sentence will be about how Trump lost a billion dollars, and it will just drive Trump crazy :allears:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Fiction posted:

The exploited cannot hold the exploiters accountable.

but you see, this doesnt mean anything

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Rocks posted:

I can't wait for the next debate when Hillarys first sentence will be about how Trump lost a billion dollars, and it will just drive Trump crazy :allears:

ive been praying for her to just call him a millionaire to his face

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

FAUXTON posted:

Cryptonomicon is good for that one part where the main dude's jewish friend trolls him into not masturbating for months.

Also the five page description of a dude eating a bowl of cereal.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/783135968173973504

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

cryptonomicon is actually a lot of fun because it's obviously a series of new scientist articles he just had to tell you about reading, roughly in novel form

with diagrams on digging mineshaft and an appendix for using playing cards to resist efforts to prevent you from hacking the planet

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Marcus Garvey posted:

Looking to go all out and have the Cadillac of katanas? A buddy of mine bought this sword and let me tell you, if I had saved all the money I spent on crappier katanas (and was a little taller) I would have this baby in a heartbeat.

The Furui Shishi by Thaitsuki is a very nice katana, as are most of the upper end Thaitsuki katanas now. With a 29 1/2″ blade it is a little too long for me but perfect for anyone 5′ 8″ to 5′ 10″. This baby is remarkable right down to the saya (wooden hand rubbed lacquer finish).

Iaido is one of many Japanese martial arts that involves the use of katanas in its practicing. This is the sport I am partial to. It involves using smooth controlled movements to sheath and unsheathe a katana sword to react to an attack.

You don’t actually battle another opponent in this art form but instead imagine the enemy and swing and defend yourself as if you actually were in battle. I enjoy this sport due to the ability to use my imagination to create a fight in my mind as opposed to reacting to what a real opponent may do.

My interest in katanas was sparked by a simple anime show when I was younger and has turned into a more serious martial art fueled by working with a sensei to help me understand the power of these weapons. At first I thought I’d just buy a katana and ‘have fun with it’, I quickly learned that this is a serious sport and should not be taken lightly since I was in control of what could be a deadly weapon if used improperly.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Colonel Corazon posted:

ive been praying for her to just call him a millionaire to his face

she will call him poorly leveraged and he will throw a drink in her face

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This is 100% real

https://twitter.com/cronikeys/status/783146579704373249

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997