Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_XMhVnHFqc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Colonel Corazon posted:

i think im just utterly overwhelmed by the constant deluge. once its over and done with itll be extremely interesting to look back and see where the pieces fall.

i will read as many volumes of game change as it takes to cover this poo poo

part of the trump strategy was to make it a referendum on the media.

this is so dumb but he talked about in art of the deal. you release contradictory information all at once and people spend so much time hashing out what happened that they lose the actual content.

It's brilliant and cynical and perfectly positioned to take advantage of our political system.

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot

Dolash posted:

Just found out I'm going to miss the VP debate tomorrow, need to go to a meeting at the same time. Ah well, at least there'll be highlights afterward.

If you end up catfishing Epic High Five be sure to post his reaction.

im a real person ;-;

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Voter fraud guess

Bigly, or nutso bigly with a side of Soros-funded fluoride mind control?

publishko
Feb 16, 2014

Schnorkles posted:

whats going on around the sides is really interesting, but i wish djt would go away yeah

some parts of me revel in the insanity that he has caused this election, but then I remember that he's a hateful bastard that has become the figurehead of a fascist movement that is having scary real world consequence for people and I get sad and want it to be over.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

bunnyofdoom posted:

Hot take

Trump is stupid snd bad

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Schnorkles posted:

this is so dumb but he talked about in art of the deal. you release contradictory information all at once and people spend so much time hashing out what happened that they lose the actual content.

It's brilliant and cynical and perfectly positioned to take advantage of our political system.

basically if you're non stop controversy, everyone just moves randomly from point to point but loses the actual meaning

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

mandatory lesbian posted:

lately ive been keeping a candle lit when i go to bed and its weird but it helps me sleep

That sounds like a great way to burn your house down. Leading cause of fires is candles not being watched

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

sullat posted:

Is that like the term "Byzantine", one tacked on later to indicate a break between classical Sumerian and the later Babylonian period?

the akkadian linguistic/ethnic identity and the akkadian empire are extremely different things and talking about Akkadia before the latter exists is extremely dumb

im actually thinking that the preferred term is akkadian empire, not akkadia, so dr p has me dead to rights on all accounts

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

We just gotten keep reminding ourselves that even though 90+ million Americans saw that awful debate, the stuff we get excited about on a daily basis doesn't t make it to most of them

Marcus Garvey
Oct 24, 2015

i can only get off to songs with sick rear end dbz refs

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Schnorkles posted:

its an amazing strategy and its working so horrifically well. the chances of anyone learning anything from this? :allears:

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Phyresis posted:

Neal Stephenson is an autist

I read through the Baroque Cycle in basically one sitting, it's the driest fiction that I have actually sat through and read, but it actually owns because of all the research he did on the Royal Society members and other natural philosophers of the time

You know he wrote it out by hand? They showed the first drafts at some fiction display a few years back, a stack of notebooks several feet high.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV8lXZXU6wM

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Oiled and Ready posted:

There will still be Trump news every day, and a GOP civil war over who has the divine right to poo poo on Hitlery, C-SPAM is here to stay

i think it will get funnier as we all feel like we have less control over what happens (when the truth is, we never have any control at all ha ha hahahahahaha!!!!!!)

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

good nite

crew

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

anime was right posted:

y.t. was a p clever name though. whitey......... yours truly..................

she ain't molly millions thats for drat sure

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Zyla posted:

good nite

crew

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Epic High Five posted:

Voter fraud guess

Bigly, or nutso bigly with a side of Soros-funded fluoride mind control?

fwiw that's about 2% of florida's population. sounds about right for how much clinton is leading in polls

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

POWERBALL posted:

it''s almost midnight and i want to stop working and cuddle with a cute boy ;-;

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Lastgirl posted:

she ain't molly millions thats for drat sure

i love cyberpunk and hate neuromancer.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Al! posted:

i think it will get funnier as we all feel like we have less control over what happens (when the truth is, we never have any control at all ha ha hahahahahaha!!!!!!)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Colonel Corazon posted:

its an amazing strategy and its working so horrifically well. the chances of anyone learning anything from this? :allears:

lets hope its not a horrific racist free market rear end in a top hat SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST MENS RIGHTS guy this time

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

oh poo poo yeah that bass

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

anime was right posted:

gibson is actually better in more that 'jesus christ he was right' sense than the actual prose imo

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

That sounds like a great way to burn your house down. Leading cause of fires is candles not being watched

i'm okay with that

Marcus Garvey posted:

i can only get off to songs with sick rear end dbz refs

i like rap too buddy

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Colonel Corazon posted:

you are a good person doing good work and everything is going to be okay

Thank you :unsmith:

Yinlock posted:

trump's getting his poo poo wrecked super hard, we're in the republican schadenfreude portion of the election.

Trump isn't what's keeping me up. It's he's been making GBS threads on veterans in the worst way for more than a year. The GOP has been loving over veterans with budget cut after budget cut and I have to sit down with flag officers and puzzle out why more than 50% of veterans would be just happy throwing muslims and other minorities in camps. What the gently caress do you say to a retired black marine general whose almost in tears because he literally cannot talk to any of his old friends without being called a traitor because he supports a democrat. Women who endured multiple instances of sexual harassment being told they deserved it by people they used to look up to. The Kahns are the tip of the iceberg; when the polls dropped that it was okay to attack them because they were muslim democrats it woke a massive amount of people up and every single minority veteran is knocking the campaigns door down to help.

That loving military forum. Sitting there watching the fascist cheeto blob monster spout nonsense. He took a wet poo poo in the mouth of veterans and white dudes could not trip over themselves to talk about how amazing it tasted.

Unsurprisingly none of the WW2 veterans support Trump; but according to the fuckface shorts up to his nipples army captain that harassed my family at Hofstra, those people are traitors because they aren't voting R this year.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Al! posted:

lets hope its not a horrific racist free market rear end in a top hat SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST MENS RIGHTS guy this time

don't worry pal we've come a long way and we always learn from our mistakes

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

publishko posted:

some parts of me revel in the insanity that he has caused this election, but then I remember that he's a hateful bastard that has become the figurehead of a fascist movement that is having scary real world consequence for people and I get sad and want it to be over.

hey so like we minorities have known our entire lives that there are a shitton, like an absolute enormous amount of straight up racist white supremacists in this country. Like we knew that most white males were racist as poo poo. It's sort of surreal seeing the proof here, and it really sucks and it's pretty scary. This election is stressing me the gently caress out and I have to take copious amounts of drugs and alcohol just to dwi. There's no way that the political landscape isn't perma-hosed by this series of events. Also it's great watching all of these "progressive" friends value their moral high horse over voting against actual literal fascism, it's good to have a reminder that white males are always gonna put white males first, to keep everything in perspective. You can't forget. But they don't give a flying poo poo about us, it's been lip service this whole time. I have more words about this but they leaked out of my ears

Krazyface posted:

You know he wrote it out by hand? They showed the first drafts at some fiction display a few years back, a stack of notebooks several feet high.

yep, the dude's legit crazy and i liked his writing a lot better when i was a literal child, i'm past that poo poo now

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

anime was right posted:

f.u

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Venom Snake posted:

Thank you :unsmith:

Trump isn't what's keeping me up. It's he's been making GBS threads on veterans in the worst way for more than a year. The GOP has been loving over veterans with budget cut after budget cut and I have to sit down with flag officers and puzzle out why more than 50% of veterans would be just happy throwing muslims and other minorities in camps. What the gently caress do you say to a retired black marine general whose almost in tears because he literally cannot talk to any of his old friends without being called a traitor because he supports a democrat. Women who endured multiple instances of sexual harassment being told they deserved it by people they used to look up to. The Kahns are the tip of the iceberg; when the polls dropped that it was okay to attack them because they were muslim democrats it woke a massive amount of people up and every single minority veteran is knocking the campaigns door down to help.

That loving military forum. Sitting there watching the fascist cheeto blob monster spout nonsense. He took a wet poo poo in the mouth of veterans and white dudes could not trip over themselves to talk about how amazing it tasted.

Unsurprisingly none of the WW2 veterans support Trump; but according to the fuckface shorts up to his nipples army captain that harassed my family at Hofstra, those people are traitors because they aren't voting R this year.

nice meltdown

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

anime was right posted:

as long as you like blade runner

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Schnorkles posted:

gibson is actually better in more that 'jesus christ he was right' sense than the actual prose imo

his prose is incomprehensible technobabble that people think is smart because if they dont understand it, pretending to do so makes them feel smarter than other people.

it's the trump tax returns of novels.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh_pCaOupSs

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Zyla posted:

good nite

good nite zyla~

anime was right posted:

molly millions shows up in other gibson books though, she's too cool for one book

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv8k1g4taL4

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Squizzle posted:

as long as you like blade runner

yeah. do androids dream of electric sheep is p good up until the very last chapter (the ending is kind of ??? like i get it but it felt mega weak)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot
im going to bed too and i have to get up early to finish this >_< nighty night!

• Locked thread