Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

GalacticAcid posted:

The first appearance of that was magical.
It was always fun when people used it to describe Obama or Cory Booker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

eightpole posted:

What does keep loving that chicken mean, friends?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7XbukdoGmM

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Maybe switch it out to animal shelters. You know what I'm getting at though, right?

The one thing about the proposal to put them in schools working with kids is that it opens up the question "Is it safe to put someone with PTSD in a school?" The answer is obviously no, but maybe it'd actually lead to people taking the problem seriously instead of letting them kill themselves off 20 at a time.

animal shelters is a better idea than hanging out with young children but working at an animal shelter involves observing a lot of death and suffering, which also probably isn't good for vets with PTSD

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Spacebump posted:

Wait, when did the next leak go from "bad for both candidates" to "Hillary is done"?

They didn't, CS is a "everyone talks about arzy I want to be popular too" breed of attention-seeking idiot. Goons respond to them, instead of blocking, so they just keep going like a damaged energizer bunny.

NikkolasKing posted:

Wait, what? Alt-Right? All I know was he was an expose the government type, which I associate with Lefties.

The only politics I've seen of him was an interview he had with Noam Chomsky, the least Right guy I can think of.

He's an expose the American government type (because he's a useful idiot for countries like Russia). Wikileaks openly defended Putin and denounced the Panama Papers and used the (((jews))) neo-nazi tagging in past tweets. Wikileaks is a farce.

Assange is likely guilty-as-hell of raping at least one woman which is why he ignores Sweden's offers to interview him in the Embassy like he originally demanded, since they'd likely find reason to charge him and they'd request extradition in that case and there'd be a lot of pressure to do so.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

They're at high risk for being targeted by extremist groups for radicalization. :(

Shame that the government stopped tracking the white wing militia movement because conservatives cried about a report that correctly pointed out their numerous problems.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

gradenko_2000 posted:

what is a "center-right forum with no trolls" even going to look like?

ex-wifestomper58 posted:

What do you guys hate more, Medicare or divorce lawyers?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

boner confessor posted:

animal shelters is a better idea than hanging out with young children but working at an animal shelter involves observing a lot of death and suffering, which also probably isn't good for vets with PTSD

We just need to keep them from reentering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

I appreciate what you have put forthwith, comrade.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

https://twitter.com/davidshuster/status/783142549947031555

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

woke wedding drone posted:

Assange is probably the most prominent example of a guy who acts like all political parties are the same because he is too cool to believe in things.

Look dude, check my dating profile I only like non-western women b/c they are real.

just another fucker from down under. I think leaks are good but he's a gently caress face.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Putin gave him stuff about the uranium deal that's already been covered by the press.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

We just need to keep them from reentering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on.

i mean the VA should definitely be involved in volunteer outreach to try and give a purpose to vets struggling with listlessness and inability to return to civilian life, but it needs to be something that is unquestionably productive for society as well as not stressful. and if we're looking for not stressful situations i'm sure we can think of better options than "kindergarten classroom" or "county dog pound". really just connecting with local volunteering groups or like, restocking books at the library, gardening on public property, volunteering with the elderly?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Everything the Foundation has done is public record so maybe its another huge doxx dump because he's a crybaby bitch

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Didn't Assange dox people who were homosexual in VERY HOSTILE TO LGBTQ AREAS?

Saudi Arabia, right?

What the gently caress was his justification for that?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Remember when hr outed a bunch of gay Saudis and released the info of every women in Afghanistan? Man glad he's curating these releases so carefully for maximum harm to governments lmao

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Epic High Five posted:

Remember when hr outed a bunch of gay Saudis and released the info of every women in Afghanistan? Man glad he's curating these releases so carefully for maximum harm to governments lmao

oh hey there we go then

what a fucker

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

One more doc dump that will be pored over by people looking for anything juicy but will come up with nothing but "bad optics" and speculation.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Maybe he'll jump off the balcony.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm pretty sure he was never anything more than a clearing house for Manning's stuff, and since then he's just been releasing whatever Pap Putin tells him to

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

Oh.

Never mind.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
No matter how insignificant it is there will be at least a half dozen people in this thread who will freak out about it. And that's not even counting the usual concern trolls like Celestial and Roy.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

No matter how insignificant it is there will be at least a half dozen people in this thread who will freak out about it. And that's not even counting the usual concern trolls like Celestial and Roy.

No trolling. I'm legitimately in therapy due to this election.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

CelestialScribe posted:

Listen to your therapist and stop posting.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

CelestialScribe posted:

I stopped caring in 2004. It was a simpler time back then. You could say flip-flop on TV back then.

This country is retarded and we live in the craziest loving place that have ever existed. The USA is a cruel mistress my man.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
celestialscribe i've had you on ignore forever because you're super boring and repetitive but if you're actually irl developing an anxiety problem then seeking negative attention like this is not going to help you get better, posting itt is probably making it worse

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

boner confessor posted:

celestialscribe i've had you on ignore forever because you're super boring and repetitive but if you're actually irl developing an anxiety problem then seeking negative attention like this is not going to help you get better, posting itt is probably making it worse

Probably not but I am trying to adopt a positive tone.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

CelestialScribe posted:

Stop posting. Go do something else. You aren't helping yourself or anyone else.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

CelestialScribe posted:

Check out PEC right now it's getting god damned positive

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

CelestialScribe posted:

Things are going to be okay.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

The one in the picture, or the one I had?
Because I'm open to it being bad, but worst ever?

Your idea isn't the worst ever, it's something I actually did for real once and it worked out great. I used to work with a program that put male mentors in pre-k/elementary after school arts programs and we actively recruited vets. There's some care you have to take in placement - people who get overly tense at the sound of small children crying are better off staying out of the pre-k rooms. The kids idolized the vets, the vets loved showing off random non-military skills they had like being able to draw Bart Simpson really really well, and there was a lot of hugging and kids treating the guys like human jungle gyms, which was therapeutic in a low-key, non-clinical way for all involved.

And to circle back to rent control chat for a second, one thing that people never talk about is that rent control is a whole suite of protections beyond the price of rent. In California there are very rigid standards for evicting rent control tenants, and certain circumstances (no-fault evictions) can even require the landlord to pay the tenant's relocation fees. Rent control is the only defense low and even middle-income people have against abusive, neglectful, or predatory landlords. There's a lot more at stake there than just money.

Quantum Jazz
Oct 23, 2010
M

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

That's the signal, gang. For Soros!

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

CelestialScribe posted:

You are loving failing.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

CelestialScribe posted:

Please leave the thread right now and go do something positive. Learn a new skill. Try taking up origami or teach yourself how to tie all sorts of crazy knots.

Read a nice work of fiction

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Epic High Five posted:

released the info of every women in Afghanistan?

I thought that was Turkey.
Unless he also did that to Afghani women

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Spoiler alert: The October surprise is that Assange is a loving waste of life.
Debates on how surprising this actually is are sure to follow.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Moatman posted:

I thought that was Turkey.
Unless he also did that to Afghani women

Oh ya it was Turkey lol

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

We just think it's going to be Clinton laughing about trying to extract Assange or use a drone attack to kill or capture him, right?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I hope he kills himself and tries to frame Hilldawg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

CelestialScribe posted:

Oh.

Never mind.

See man? Nothing to worry about after all!

Seriously, unless Hillary murders a man on live TV and then uses dark magic to suck out his soul I don't think there's anything she can do to make herself look worse than Trump at this point.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Oct 4, 2016

• Locked thread