Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bloodychill posted:

To be fair, a lot of people's favorite X-Men are different variant of the same characters. That said, the main problem with the X-Men movies hasn't been the character choice so much as it's been the writing. A good writer could take Dazzler or Havok or Jubilee and make a good story about them. A bad writer looks at the myriad Wolverine stories and writes... well, what we've gotten.

Bullshit. Nobody can make Havok good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Aphrodite posted:

Bullshit. Nobody can make Havok good.

Just because it's never happened doesn't mean it's impossible. Maybe they have to start with the premise that at no point should anyone say "release havoc."

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lucas Till never got his wish to make out with a green-haired girl. We'll see if they will introduce one on McGuyver.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

The MSJ posted:

Lucas Till never got his wish to make out with a green-haired girl. We'll see if they will introduce one on McGuyver.

A man can dream.

Was he supposed to be Scott's brother or his uncle or something in Apocalypse? Dude was like 19 in 1961. His younger brother is 16 in 1983?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Xealot posted:

A man can dream.

Was he supposed to be Scott's brother or his uncle or something in Apocalypse? Dude was like 19 in 1961. His younger brother is 16 in 1983?

Best-aged 31 year old in television. Meanwhile, the dude playing Pietro really did look 12 years older.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The MSJ posted:

Inthink that falls under the parody clause.

IIRC there was actually a whole thing about how they had to make it look legally distinct from the MCU version.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Xealot posted:

A man can dream.

Brother, and I think he was supposed to be almost 40 in Apocalypse. Which is funny since he's in another upcoming movie playing a high schooler. Maybe mutants age better.

bloodychill posted:

Best-aged 31 year old in television. Meanwhile, the dude playing Pietro really did look 12 years older.

Ironicly, Evan Peters can probably play a 20-ish guy in his 40s.

Avenger's Pietro married a woman 30 years his senior. Can't beat that.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Oct 3, 2016

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

notthegoatseguy posted:

Netflix series seem to all have taken place post-Avengers 1. None of them have referenced Avengers 2, Cap 2, or even Ant-Man.

Wasn't there a reference in either Jessica Jones or Daredevil S2 to Ultron? Something about dropping cities on people or something like that?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Sir Nose posted:

Wasn't there a reference in either Jessica Jones or Daredevil S2 to Ultron? Something about dropping cities on people or something like that?

Yeah, I definitely remember that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They've officially announced that yes, he is Jeffrey Mace. Although they still didn't go into detail about what his TV show past is. Executive producers do use the name Patriot when talking about him so you can probably assume that he's been running around under that name.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

We're going to find out that Daisy left S.H.I.E.L.D., yes, but she's also spearheading the Secret Warriors. He team consists of herself, Yo-Yo, Joey, Bobbi & Hunter.

It's the perfect way to bring them back.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
So at the recommendation of several different threads I kind of bounced around season 1 before watching the final 6ish episodes leading up to the season finale. I'm now about 4 episodes into season 2 and mostly enjoying it. It's certainly way better than I expected at least.

My one question right now is about the diagram people keep carving into everything, but won't put down on paper. Maybe Garrett actually did it in marker on a window, Beautiful Mind style. I think I heard it's related to the serum that allowed them to revive Coulson but in bouncing around a bunch or episodes I must've missed the explanation.

Why is does it look like the world's most convoluted flow chart?

Why is it always scrawled onto something freehand?

Why don't they ever talk about the significance of what they're drawing out so I can figure this out through context?

I don't care about spoilers or anything so feel free to lay it all out.

Inspector 34 fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Oct 4, 2016

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Inspector 34 posted:

So at the recommendation of several different threads I kind of bounced around season 1, before watching the final 6ish episodes leading up to the season finale. I'm now about 4 episodes into season 2 and mostly enjoying it. It's certainly way better than I expected at least.

My one question right now is about the diagram people keep carving into everything, but won't put down on paper. Maybe Garrett actually did it in marker on a window, Beautiful Mind style. I think I heard it's related to the serum that allowed them to revive Coulson but in bouncing around a bunch or episodes I must've missed the explanation.

Why don't they ever talk about the significance of what they're drawing out so I can figure this out through context?

Keep watching. It's one of the big reveals of the season.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Inspector 34 posted:

So at the recommendation of several different threads I kind of bounced around season 1, before watching the final 6ish episodes leading up to the season finale. I'm now about 4 episodes into season 2 and mostly enjoying it. It's certainly way better than I expected at least.

Keep watching, what the writing is and what it means all gets explained before the halfway point of S2.

As for what caused it to begin happening:
The cause is because the serum they used to bring Coulson back was made from the blood of a Kree alien corpse, and one of the side effects is inheriting some latent genetic memory from the donor. "Skye" isn't having any of the side effects because she's not human herself.

This is also why even though people complain about how much S1 drags before the Hydra reveal, it really is worth watching all/most of it, because so many things in it really do have payoffs way down the road.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
^^I can't tell if you're messing with me for missing something obvious or actually encouraging me to keep watchin

Edit: OK thanks that makes sense. Looking forward to seeing how this all plays out.

This is a great show for when I should probably be working on something but don't really feel like it. I'll pay attention to it while I'm watching, so it's not exactly just a background noise show, but I never feel like I absolutely need to see the next scene/episode so it's easy to put down when I need to get things done.

Inspector 34 fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Oct 4, 2016

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Inspector 34 posted:

^^I can't tell if you're messing with me for missing something obvious or actually encouraging me to keep watching.

Never not watch Shield. Show owns.

E: he's not messing with you

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm so mad at democracy right now

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Honestly I think this was some loving awful scheduling though, they should have started SHIELD a few weeks earlier so it wouldn't get a hiatus after just two Goddamn episodes, right after a ratings spike.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SHIELD was already one of the earliest returns of the season.

Also there's no spike. It's solidly lower than the end of last season.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

3 DONG HORSE posted:

That was a really rude surprise last night.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Aphrodite posted:

SHIELD was already one of the earliest returns of the season.

Also there's no spike. It's solidly lower than the end of last season.

Not true. TVbytheNumbers gave the last episode a 0.9 in the 18-49 rating and 3.12 million viewers. The DVR playback numbers are in and ABC’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. enjoyed the largest percentage gains of any Monday/Tuesday program, up 82 percent in the demo (to a respectable 2.0) while growing 62 percent in audience (to 5.5 million viewers), with Live+3 DVR playback folded in.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Ratings are not working the way I remember them working and I'm not okay with that.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

And considering they put AoS in what's usually a death slot, they must be pretty happy they're retaining ratings and growing in some demos. I think at this point ABC realizes that the show isn't gonna gain new numbers, so bolstering a difficult time slot is the best use for it.

hope and vaseline fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Oct 5, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pan Dulce posted:

Not true. TVbytheNumbers gave the last episode a 0.9 in the 18-49 rating and 3.12 million viewers. The DVR playback numbers are in and ABC’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. enjoyed the largest percentage gains of any Monday/Tuesday program, up 82 percent in the demo (to a respectable 2.0) while growing 62 percent in audience (to 5.5 million viewers), with Live+3 DVR playback folded in.

Yeah and that's still 10% down from last year.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah and that's still 10% down from last year.

Are you comparing to finale numbers? Because those are admittedly always higher; people seem to DVR the poo poo out of episodes they missed to catch up that night.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Inspector 34 posted:

This is a great show for when I should probably be working on something but don't really feel like it. I'll pay attention to it while I'm watching, so it's not exactly just a background noise show, but I never feel like I absolutely need to see the next scene/episode so it's easy to put down when I need to get things done.

That's how I like to watch shows as well. I watch a lot of the same stuff as my brother so occasionally I message him with a "what happened after X?" but most of the time I can keep up pretty well as long as I don't watch the intricate shows.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Last night's episode was weird. No Coulson, and it was just an angry Hydra agent yelling at a defective LMD all night.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Medullah posted:

Last night's episode was weird. No Coulson, and it was just an angry Hydra agent yelling at a defective LMD all night.

It's due to the gods spreading cheeks and ramming cock in rear end

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pan Dulce posted:

Are you comparing to finale numbers? Because those are admittedly always higher; people seem to DVR the poo poo out of episodes they missed to catch up that night.

Season average was a 2.2.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

bobkatt013 posted:

It's due to the gods spreading cheeks and ramming cock in rear end

Fill your hands with piss and poo poo and see yourself well satisfied

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Error 404 posted:

Fill your hands with piss and poo poo and see yourself well satisfied

Gratitude for your words. Be assured they were well received.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

HotCanadianChick posted:

This is also why even though people complain about how much S1 drags before the Hydra reveal, it really is worth watching all/most of it, because so many things in it really do have payoffs way down the road.

Season 1 also dragged because we would have weeks where we would get a lovely MotW episode followed by 3 weeks of "BREAK" and then another moderately okay MotW followed by two more weeks of "BREAK".

Several times throughout the season.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Xenoletum posted:

Season 1 also dragged because we would have weeks where we would get a lovely MotW episode followed by 3 weeks of "BREAK" and then another moderately okay MotW followed by two more weeks of "BREAK".

Several times throughout the season.

Wow, I'm glad I just binged the whole thing. No wonder people were so down on it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

Wow, I'm glad I just binged the whole thing. No wonder people were so down on it.

They didn't have Carter then, so basically every episode of Agent Carter was a week off instead. But they didn't do them in one chunk.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Aphrodite posted:

They didn't have Carter then, so basically every episode of Agent Carter was a week off instead. But they didn't do them in one chunk.

How are they handling it this year?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

GigaPeon posted:

How are they handling it this year?

The third season of American Crime is going to be airing during the gap.

(It's nine episodes long, so it's long enough to bridge the gap between half seasons, and it's airing in the timeslot that it always aired in anyways -- I have absolutely no idea why ABC thought that airing American Crime and Agent Carter as a double feature was ever a good idea).

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

I'm just sad we didn't get to see late-time-slot Agent Carter.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

BreakAtmo posted:

I'm just sad we didn't get to see late-time-slot Agent Carter.

Would late-time Agent Carter have opened with Peggy butt to mirror the opening scene of Daisy butt?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Saw the new episode. It's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Just finished up season 2. Ward is a loving idiot.

• Locked thread