Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheGreatGnocchi
Jun 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Jesus christ people. This is gonna be like a NASA announcement (for Trump supporters). Huge erections and anticipation and a huge loving let down. Assange doesn't have poo poo, probably just some old documents showing some gray area dealings with shady people. This won't sink her campaign and won't shift the polls in any direction. Stop Arzying people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
NASA announcements are rad as hell tho

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

TheGreatGnocchi posted:

Jesus christ people. This is gonna be like a NASA announcement (for Trump supporters). Huge erections and anticipation and a huge loving let down. Assange doesn't have poo poo, probably just some old documents showing some gray area dealings with shady people. This won't sink her campaign and won't shift the polls in any direction. Stop Arzying people.

also because it's goin to involve huge balls of gas

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

berserker posted:

Check out PEC right now it's getting god damned positive

Or go to pet island and look at animal pictures all day. :v:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

TheGreatGnocchi posted:

Jesus christ people. This is gonna be like a NASA announcement (for Trump supporters). Huge erections and anticipation and a huge loving let down.

Aw, but NASA announcements are exciting stuff. That sounds more like an Android keynote.

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

That's the signal, gang. For Soros!

Lost my poo poo a little. :lol:

TheGreatGnocchi
Jun 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

NASA announcements are rad as hell tho

Rad, yes. But to the average CNN/Fox News/MSNBC watcher, every time NASA announces something they immediately think aliens from another planet. These are Trump supporters. They probably think Assange has footage of Hillary saying "gently caress those Banghazi assholes, let them die! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!", when in reality, it'll just be some documents showing some very convoluted dealings or some poo poo.

TheGreatGnocchi fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Oct 4, 2016

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
So just what is the justification for Assange tossing his cock out like this?

I mean, I know the Daddy Putin / dramawhore rationale, but like what's the cover story that'll get touted in the media? Concerned about the government or something?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

TheGreatGnocchi posted:

This is gonna be like a NASA announcement (for Trump supporters).

Checks out. There will definitely be anime shirts.

yes I know that was actually ESA

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

FilthyImp posted:

So just what is the justification for Assange tossing his cock out like this?

I mean, I know the Daddy Putin / dramawhore rationale, but like what's the cover story that'll get touted in the media? Concerned about the government or something?

He's pouty no gives a poo poo about him.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
NASA announcements are super fun for laypeople but less fun for scientists because people in the field have often been paying attention and know either the results beforehand through colleagues or assumed them based on the nature of the experiment announcing them.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

boner confessor posted:

really just connecting with local volunteering groups or like, restocking books at the library, gardening on public property, volunteering with the elderly?

These are all way better than what I came up with.

Let's just nationalize the marijuana industry and put them to work on that.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
So the Assange announcement should be in about 45 minutes right?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

woke wedding drone posted:

Alex Jones just showed the itenerary and the first hour will be a bunch of faffing about how great WikiLeaks is

no info until 5am EST at the earliest

fuckin rapey swedes

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

At that time, he will announce an announcement that will totally be made as soon as he can find the file, which he swears he has

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

gradenko_2000 posted:

One of Radio Free GOP's sponsors is a forum called Ricochet, which was described as "the best center-right forum on the internet, no trolls guaranteed", but also that you're supposed to pay a monthly subscription to post there.

I found the idea fascinating. For one, I think I would be okay with paying a monthly sub to SA if it meant keeping the lights on for the amount of entertainment I get from this place, but for another, what is a "center-right forum with no trolls" even going to look like? Is that where Amergin copy-pastes our counter-arguments to?

I'd actually like to have monthly subscriptions here. I am pretty sure I had literally tens of thousands of hours of entertainment from this site and would hate it to be gone. But first Lowtax would have to make it possible to pay without a credit card. No one around here uses them and registering my account back then was a major hassle.

He announced it for 11 am Moscow time. Conveniently that's when Americans who could check the significance are most likely asleep, while the Russians can propagate it as much as they want.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Oct 4, 2016

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
someone on my facebook thinks the wikileaks info is that Killary was caught on tape saying she wanted to murder Bernie and all his supporters.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Wait, when is this Wikileaks thing supposed to happen? Roger Stone's tweet said Wednesday, but it looks like it's starting now.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Stereotype posted:

someone on my facebook thinks the wikileaks info is that Killary was caught on tape saying she wanted to murder Bernie and all his supporters.

I thought the thing wikileaks was dropping was suppose to make me not want to vote for her though...

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Euphoriaphone posted:

Wait, when is this Wikileaks thing supposed to happen? Roger Stone's tweet said Wednesday, but it looks like it's starting now.
Roger Stone may have lied to you.

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

cant cook creole bream posted:

He announced it for 11 am Moscow time. Conveniently that's when Americans who could check the significance are most likely asleep, while the Russians can propagate it as much as they want.

We must not allow a timezone gap!

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

Alex Jones just showed the itenerary and the first hour will be a bunch of faffing about how great WikiLeaks is

no info until 5am EST at the earliest

fuckin rapey swedes

Guuhhhhh I cannot stand this man's ego.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Stereotype posted:

Hell yeah, that's the motivation I need to fraudulently vote a few dozen more times

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Oh good, looks like "Right Side Broadcasting" will be on the case with a live stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=947fP6QTmBo

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I could fart in a jar and send it to someone if they want a preview of his announcement.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Well a certain element is excited

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

I could fart in a jar and send it to someone if they want a preview of his announcement.

Please do, you can get my address from accounting, tell Vilerat I said hi and that he did a great job in the benghazi false flag operation as a crisis actor

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

This is either going to be a truly election-changing announcement.

But more likely something very boring everyone forgets about in a few days.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Right now Alex Jones and False James Deen are talking about how Hillary actually lost the debate and everybody knows she's a terrible speaker and nobody likes her including democrats

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

assange is going to step out onto his balcony dressed like the pope and announce "HILLARY KILLED HARAMBE"

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

QuarkJets posted:

assange is going to step out onto his balcony dressed like the pope and announce "HILLARY KILLED HARAMBE"

Then meat spin everyone shouting DICKS OUT.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

QuarkJets posted:

I wish he'd hurry the gently caress up and do it then. It's getting late.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

QuarkJets posted:

This is the best October surprise we could possibly expect, really

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Augus posted:

This is the best October surprise we could possibly expect, really

Wrong.

The next day, twitter embeds across the net read "NYT: POPE ASSANGE.... KILLED HARAMBE" due to text shortening.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

On Terra Firma posted:

I wish he'd hurry the gently caress up and do it then. It's getting late.

It's not even lunchtime for his Russian handlers

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

It's tough to say whether rent control works or doesn't work because there are a billion ways to implement it, differing goals for it, and "affording a place to live" is really goddamned important on the hierarchy of needs, so there are a lot of VERY involved actors who are very interested in gaming whatever system is available.

In most American cases, a unit that is rent controlled is prevented from increasing the rent on a current tenant by more than a specified percentage per year. Once that tenant leaves, the unit may be 'reset' to 'market value,' which will then be clamped when a new renter moves in. This incentivizes the renter to stay, makes the landlord want the renter to leave, and discourages capital investments in rental property to some extent. More and more laws keep getting bolted on to prevent one abuse or another, but ultimately it only ever really "works" for the people who got in early and never move.

Berlin used to have a similar statute, but recently put in a very complicated set of rules that sets a specific "average" price/square meter for apartments based on where they are and what condition they're in. Landlords are, by the law, prevented from exceeding that price by more than 10 percent. In theory this prevents leapfrogging rents driving up property values, since as a landlord you know beforehand how much income you can legally get from any property before buying (so you won't overpay), and as a tenant you know that you'll get "fair" pricing from anyone obeying the law and are more likely to shop around.. In practice, however, this limit is only enforced by the courts, meaning you have to sue your landlord if you think you are being overcharged. For people who want to overpay for nicer places, this is fine since they get what they want. For people who suddenly can't afford living near work, this means they have to spend a lot of money on lawyer fees before they can be charged less money in rent. Not surprisingly, this has resulted in very little change. Rents in Berlin rose slower last year than the year before, but that's still faster than the law was aiming for.

In theory I like the idea, because cities need people at all income levels in order to function, but I haven't come across an implementation that didn't end up encouraging bad behavior somewhere.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

Then meat spin everyone shouting DICKS OUT.

I would unironically love of a troll of that magnitude.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

So far this press conference is a book promotion?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Jesus! Was that presentation made by a child with 90s software?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

On Terra Firma posted:

So far this press conference is a book promotion?

this was my prediction and i would love to be right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Already a boring, smug, public act of auto-fellatio.

• Locked thread