Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

PaintVagrant posted:

Vigilant is so good on a caster that cant be knocked down though, you never have to worry about it being slammed over him and losing that way. I would keep it.

You're right, but I really like the idea of a purifier with parry that is able to set an entire unit of, say, reeves on fire [did this last week with a proxy].

The vigilant is the better answer though, but I'd have to give up a crusader for a purifier then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

chutche2 posted:

A few questions: What, if any, character jacks would you suggest I look into for Amon?

I have Scourge of Heresy on my to-purchase list for Amon just because arcane vortex seems really really great.

Also 2" reach chain thresher under synergy and parry and mobility is amazing - I bring a vanquisher with him currently and it can be the funniest thing.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

rydiafan posted:

Protectorate Army - 75 / 75 points

(Amon 1) High Allegiant Amon Ad-Raza [+29]
- Crusader [10]
- Crusader [10]
- Crusader [10]
- Crusader [10]
- Crusader [10]
- Crusader [10]
- Crusader [10]
- Crusader [10]
Deliverer Sunburst Crew [5]
Deliverer Sunburst Crew [5]
Vassal of Menoth [3]
Vassal of Menoth [3]
Choir of Menoth (min) [4]
Choir of Menoth (min) [4]

Local guy runs this. gently caress this.

O.o

That's a jerk list for jerks (but probably a lot of fun to play).

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I want to run that into a Karchev spam list and see who wins

Probably Karchev :(

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Top 8 factions in our 43 person (:byodood:) Masters today:

Menoth
Cygnar
Cygnar
Cryx
Skorne
Cygnar
Skorne
Retribution

Half of that field was Canadian also, so I guess if you want to be good at WMH, be Canadian?!?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Fyrbrand posted:

Top 8 factions in our 43 person (:byodood:) Masters today:

Menoth
Cygnar
Cygnar
Cryx
Skorne
Cygnar
Skorne
Retribution

Half of that field was Canadian also, so I guess if you want to be good at WMH, be Canadian?!?

Well, we are the power top in our relationship :canada:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I'm willing to bet the Canadians bitch less and play more. Another reason to move to Canada, I guess.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
As a Canadian player I can assure you we are at all times bitching.

Well maybe it's just me. Local group calls me 'the grumpy khador player'.

RIP

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Jimmy Hats posted:

As a Canadian player I can assure you we are at all times bitching.

Well maybe it's just me. Local group calls me 'the grumpy khador player'.

RIP

I am also willing to believe that's mostly just you

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

There are Canadian bitches. More than anything though I find it's just people who moan about it really passive aggressively

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Oh god these flamebringers and a loving nightmare to put together. Why couldn't they have stayed mediocre like they were in MK2?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

S.J. posted:

I'm willing to bet the Canadians bitch less and play more. Another reason to move to Canada, I guess.

Bitching and poo poo posting on the forums is a time honored tradition for all wargamers.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

S.J. posted:

I am also willing to believe that's mostly just you

Rude!

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

S.J. posted:

From what I've heard with other games, the reason Canada has done well is the same thing that's said about Poland's WMH success: an inclusive and welcoming community that gets people in the door, introduces them to the competitive side in a friendly way, and then trains people up very successfully. I could be overstating the point, though I personally think the level of noobsmashing/git gud that I see pushed by parts of the community that tends to burn new players out early. But at least it means there's piles of cheap stuff on Bartertown, which is a win I guess.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

rkajdi posted:

From what I've heard with other games, the reason Canada has done well is the same thing that's said about Poland's WMH success: an inclusive and welcoming community that gets people in the door, introduces them to the competitive side in a friendly way, and then trains people up very successfully. I could be overstating the point, though I personally think the level of noobsmashing/git gud that I see pushed by parts of the community that tends to burn new players out early. But at least it means there's piles of cheap stuff on Bartertown, which is a win I guess.

I would also be willing to put something into those places (canada at least) having some pretty brutal winters and not leaving much to do during the cold months other than play warmans.

Of course that would mean Australia should have done poo poo at the WTC, but I am gonna say their success revolves around the fact that if they go out side, there are dozens of animals and insects ready to murder them.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Now that I'm more awake and feel like digging through my paperwork, I have most of the list pairs for the Top 6 from that Masters, if anyone cares:

Sevvy2/Kreoss3
Stryker2/Caine2
Stryker2/Haley2
Denny1/Venethrax (Lots of players/watchers commented on the brutal Denny1 list, need to get dude to send it to me)
Rasheth/Mordikaar
Stryker2/Haley2
Rasheth/Mordikaar(going from memory here, not 100% on Mordikaar)
Kaelyssa/Rahn (total guess on Rahn)

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

waah posted:

I would also be willing to put something into those places (canada at least) having some pretty brutal winters and not leaving much to do during the cold months other than play warmans.

I agree that having nothing to do is a huge motivator to get more games in, the only way to build a deep bench (which you need to be constantly competitive at international team events) is to get new players and not drive them away before they gain skill. The general "git dug or get beat" message you get from some parts of the community sort of stops this from happening.

Quest Jefferson
Mar 27, 2010
I know this is a bit short notice, but my group in Columbus, Ohio is putting on a pair of tournaments this week and we've still got plenty of spots open. Friday will be a Last Chance Qualifier for the Ohio Warmahordes Championship, a 32-slot, 2 list, 75pt DnC 1 Steamroller for, the winner of which qualifies for the 16-slot OWC finals on Saturday. On Saturday, we are also running a 32-slot "Master's" event, also 75 pts, 2-list, DnC 1, but ADR is allowed. Your registration for either includes food and drink at the event and we're going for a lot of prize support. We have a pretty decent-sized local community here, but I wanted to throw this up here because I know some of you are Ohio/Michigan/Indiana goons who have driven out to some of the qualifiers in Toledo, Akron and Columbus in the past.

If you're interested, check out the LCQ event here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1125539000865004/

And the Master's style event here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1115308058534087/

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I long for the day my Mohsar/Grayle pairing wins something

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Jimmy Hats posted:

I long for the day my Mohsar/Grayle pairing wins something

You'll always win pity.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

So beautiful, so mediocre. It is due out just in time to hopefully get errata'ed to be worthwhile!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
It's really not that bad. Def 15 against shooting under kreuger1.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Apparently the Hydra also has an early 2017 release if nothing else goes wrong!

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Jimmy Hats posted:

It's really not that bad. Def 15 against shooting under kreuger1.
That's uh, that's 2 points worse than Warpwolves.

Also, Grayle isn't bad, although I don't see him solving any issues Circle particularly needs to see solved. But how does Grayle/Mohsar work into a credible gunline? One round of Stealth from Grayle's feat doesn't seem like it would be enough.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Apparently the Hydra also has an early 2017 release if nothing else goes wrong!

So can't wait. Rules be damned I want a Hydra.

Of course, I honestly don't think the Hydra will be released before this time next year.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

waah posted:

So can't wait. Rules be damned I want a Hydra.

This. And this:

Skorne - Worms Tremors
74 / 75 Army

Beast Master Xekaar - WB: +31
- Desert Hydra - PC: 38 (Battlegroup Points Used: 31)
- Desert Hydra - PC: 38

Tyrant Zaadesh - PC: 4
- Razor Worm - PC: 7
Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor - PC: 4

Xekaar and the Master Tormentor because their whips looks kind of like worms.

GoodBee fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Oct 3, 2016

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Wizard Styles posted:

That's uh, that's 2 points worse than Warpwolves.

Also, Grayle isn't bad, although I don't see him solving any issues Circle particularly needs to see solved. But how does Grayle/Mohsar work into a credible gunline? One round of Stealth from Grayle's feat doesn't seem like it would be enough.

It's also got 20ish boxes on warpwolves and a range 12 gun. It's a shooting model for sure.

One round of stealth is really all you need, in my experience. Honestly though I'd probably put mohsar into guns and use the superior threat range of mist riders to clear them out.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Dumped my entirely magic mohsar army into reznik2 with errants and won earlier. Feels good!

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

When is the errata projected to drop?

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

mp5 posted:

When is the errata projected to drop?

No one knows, they haven't even begun talking about it. The best guess is Dec/Jan, as that's when their usual errata cycle would hit.

Aix Athanatos
Nov 3, 2011

rkajdi posted:

I agree that having nothing to do is a huge motivator to get more games in, the only way to build a deep bench (which you need to be constantly competitive at international team events) is to get new players and not drive them away before they gain skill. The general "git dug or get beat" message you get from some parts of the community sort of stops this from happening.

Speaking for Southern Ontario, this is absolutely true. We've had a got a lot of great Press Gangers (some now judges) who put a lot of time and effort into cultivating a community of cool dudes and dudettes, some of whom are also really good players, across multiple stores. Those cool and good people then usually stay invested in their local metas having actually made friends through the game rather than either beating or being beaten by opponents; at the same time they can hit up highly competitive events slightly farther away and continue to grow as players. We really do try not to eat our young and politely correct those who try.

If anyone is curious about it, some of the local players publish video reports at Arcane Assist and are in the middle of recording a dozen or so with Skorne.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Rules question: Can I just not resolve the scatter for a blast attack that misses?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Geisladisk posted:

Rules question: Can I just not resolve the scatter for a blast attack that misses?

No, since that would potentially deny your opponent blowing yourself up.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Aix Athanatos posted:

Speaking for Southern Ontario, this is absolutely true. We've had a got a lot of great Press Gangers (some now judges) who put a lot of time and effort into cultivating a community of cool dudes and dudettes, some of whom are also really good players, across multiple stores. Those cool and good people then usually stay invested in their local metas having actually made friends through the game rather than either beating or being beaten by opponents; at the same time they can hit up highly competitive events slightly farther away and continue to grow as players. We really do try not to eat our young and politely correct those who try.

If anyone is curious about it, some of the local players publish video reports at Arcane Assist and are in the middle of recording a dozen or so with Skorne.

Yeah, one of these days I am gonna make it out to the SOO, once I get a little more tournament practice. This whole area is really licky to be filled to the brim with WMH dudes and dudettes.

Maybe I'll see you at foodmachine if I manage to make it out for most of the day.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

gently caress I should have whined more about Cryx.

http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-10-4-2016-prelude-to-errata

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
It takes a lot of guts to admit you hosed up big like that. Good on them.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Excelsiortothemax posted:

It takes a lot of guts to admit you hosed up big like that. Good on them.

That was my first thought too.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

I've been mostly happy with my Skorne games lately but they are not messing around. An entire faction re-balance via Errata. That will be something to see.

So much for buying the faction deck.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Wow, good on them for acknowledging they dropped the ball with Skorne. I'm glad I decided to wait for the first errata before firesaleing my models.

Crazy Ferret posted:

I've been mostly happy with my Skorne games lately but they are not messing around. An entire faction re-balance via Errata. That will be something to see.

So much for buying the faction deck.

Yeah that's definitely a concern. They at least released a pdf of the updated cards for the launch errata iirc.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Oct 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I'm down for Skorne being more fun.