Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

and she said it herself, if no one kept posting at her to tell her to shut up we wouldn't be having this conversation. Sorry, dude, you're the one being dumb here. Arus is right, and he was talking to everyone, not just xun, and god dammit now I'm getting sucked into this poo poo.

No but see someone called out a racist joke so I MUST tell them how mean and hurtful it is when someone gets upset about my casual racism

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Arus you never said how you feel about dervishes and scythes

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Arus you never said how you feel about dervishes and scythes

They're loving awesome, my main starting in nightfall was a D/W, I twin moon swept my way through random arenas

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I wonder if they could make a combined paragon/dervish class. They can just be the polearm class.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

They're loving awesome, my main starting in nightfall was a D/W, I twin moon swept my way through random arenas

I liked my Derv but felt like I got more mileage out of Ranger/Derv. Plus the giant rainbow phoenix was cool to run around with.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
TBH the closest I've felt to playing dervish while playing gw2 has been playing power necro with my greatsword up. Maybe it's all that cleaving.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Harrow posted:

"Awful, gaudy poo poo" is ArenaNet's thing. That, at least, is nothing new for the Guild Wars franchise.

In og gw1 I never got anything better than 1.5k kurzick on my assassin cuz everything else looked so gaudy. My ele never had anything but the original 15k prophecies sets cuz everything after was just ugly or seemed like reskins especially everything after vabbi gear in nightfall

Edit: wow I gotta stop quoting poo poo from months ago this is what I get for reading threads backwards

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/55uj1j/new_hungry_cat_in_caledon_forest/

My crazy cat lady game is 2 strong

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
btw if anyone didn't know, the political cartoon about talking about race is from The Onion and is mocking idiots who say stuff like that

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

I wonder if they could make a combined paragon/dervish class. They can just be the polearm class.

Land spears would be dope as poo poo. Best I have now is daredevil staff with all the fancy flips

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
So uhh.. *cough*

Uhhh... hey!! Pvp season is over, right? That means we're getting a new balance patch soon I think!
Anyone wanna talk about that for a bit? Boy I sure hope they do some cool stuff with that, I tell you what.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Magres posted:

btw if anyone didn't know, the political cartoon about talking about race is from The Onion and is mocking idiots who say stuff like that

It's also commonly turned into comics about ffxiv, about primadonna tanks and hardworkin dps and such

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

CLAM DOWN posted:

The enchantment teardown mechanic was pretty cool, even more so with the patch that added flash enchantments. I'd like to see how Guild Wars 2 would handle that given as there aren't enchantments anymore.

Effects on boon removal?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Magres posted:

Do you seriously expect someone whose first reaction to being called out on a racist joke is to start complaining about SJWs with sticks up their asses to understand something like satire?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Serenade posted:

The enchantment teardown mechanic was pretty cool, even more so with the patch that added flash enchantments. I'd like to see how Guild Wars 2 would handle that given as there aren't enchantments anymore.

Effects on boon removal?

Yeah, some kind of buff on stripping boons like that maybe. They've kind of folded mechanics from the Dervish and Paragon into other new classes so I doubt we'll see anything similar to those. It'd be cool though.

e: I really thought this derail was over, welp

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if a-net doesn't give guardians a paragon elite spec i will cry

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan

Johnny Joestar posted:

if a-net doesn't give guardians a paragon elite spec i will cry

Axe is nature's spear

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Serenade posted:

Effects on boon removal?

The berserker fire shield thing is kind of reminiscent.

I'd love an ele spec that worked similarly, though, since they're probably the closest thematically to dervishes. And they could use an alternative melee weapon after the disappointment of warhorns. *cough*

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

gandlethorpe posted:

... an ele spec ... after the disappointment of warhorns. *cough*

I think you mean *fffRRRRRRRRttt*

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Redmanred posted:

Axe is nature's spear

i refuse to believe that leak

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Just adding scythes into the game would be pretty baller

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan

Johnny Joestar posted:

i refuse to believe that leak

Word came down from noted truthteller Xushin and the upstanding Cletus can confirm.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Just adding scythes into the game would be pretty baller

It would be, but as they haven't added a single weapon type since launch, I doubt they will now or in the future.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Waci posted:

Do you seriously expect someone whose first reaction to being called out on a racist joke is to start complaining about SJWs with sticks up their asses to understand something like satire?

Magres posted:

What I said about it is applicable whether the person posting it misunderstood it or someone who read it misunderstood it. I was intentionally hedging my bets :cheeky:

E: Good on you for fighting the good fight though, and people who say "JEEZ DONT BE SO SENSITIVE IT WAS JUST A JOKE" are complete morons. Tbh I don't know where I stand wrt making fun of japan nerds because on the one hand the mockery is almost certainly rooted somewhere in mocking people for admiring non-white/western cultures, on the other hand a lot of japan nerds are creepy weirdos who do a lot of stuff I'm fine with making fun of.

Magres fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 4, 2016

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

10/04/2016 – October 04 Release Notes

Living World
The story step “Ascend the fortress and activate the machine” has been fixed to avoid players hearing each other’s personal story dialogue.
The story step “Return to Grumby” has been fixed to remove a benign condition that was placed on players.
The story step “Return to Grumby” has been fixed to remove an issue that caused some players under the effect of Mursaat Armor to have a red name over their head.
The story step “Complete the combat simulation” has been fixed to avoid a damage range that did not accurately reflect the fire pool size.
The story step “Take the portal to activate the machine” has been fixed so that the mesmer portal does not disappear while the step is active.
The story step “Start the simulation” has been fixed to add collision to the Simulation Start console.

World Polish
Auric Basin: Fixed an issue in which updrafts did not work as intended in Southwatch Creep.

General
Something unusual is happening at Gillscale Pond.

World vs. World
General
Team chat now works across maps in WvW.
Team chat works across maps for Eternal Battlegrounds and Borderlands.
It does not work for Edge of the Mists.
Some NPCs were moved away from tactivators so they aren’t so close together.
The Endless Mushroom Tonic has been disabled from working in WvW.

BLACK LION TRADING COMPANY GEM STORE
New Items and Promotions
The new Spectral Glider is available in the Upgrades category of the Gem Store for 500 gems.
A new Taimi’s Outfit is available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 700 gems.
Taimi’s Dye Kit has returned for a limited time, located in the Special category of the Gem Store for 125 gems.
The Witch’s Outfit has returned for a limited time, located in the Style category of the Gem Store for 700 gems.
The Phantom’s Hood has returned for a limited time with a 20% discount, located in the Style category of the Gem Store for 160 gems.
The Riding Broom toy is available in the Toys category of the Gem Store, with a 30% discount, for 175 gems.

Bug Fixes
The autosummoning of miniatures no longer toggles off when a player is gliding while miniatures are being culled by the game server.
Reenabled Skritt Worker Contracts.
Fixed an erroneous message that occurred while gliding that claimed miniatures were being hidden due to server population.
Fixed a server crash.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
No Signet of Inspiration Nerfs

HAIL SATAN

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Stop the presses, cat ears incoming!

e: also geez finally a glider i don't feel like i need to own right this second.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

neongrey posted:

e: also geez finally a glider i don't feel like i need to own right this second.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan

neongrey posted:

I'm my own worst anime

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

neongrey posted:

So nobody's mentioned the real most important part of this update.
Oh good I might actually be able to see my mini again because it being turned off seemingly at random meant I'd always forget to turn it back on

Only took em about a year to fix too

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I played this at launch and for a few months afterwards, going so far as to get a character to the max level, but quit when the endgame was "check this external website to see which world boss will spawn next, go to spot, hit it a couple times, collect loot, repeat". I understand that there's a whole bunch of new stuff available and I'm looking to come back.

However, I'm curious how necessary it is to immediately purchase Heart of Thorns. Assume, for the sake of argument, that I don't care about playing the Revenant class right away and that I plan to start a new character, not pick up any of my old characters. If it doesn't grab me, I just don't want to have dropped $50 for something that I didn't need to. I had fun the first time around, so if it's integrated into the starting experience, I'm willing to take the risk but I figured I'd ask here first.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Am i crazy or is Taimi's outfit basically a collection of already available single pieces?

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

You're crazy. The eyepiece is the only thing that looks remotely like an existing bit of armor.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
The shoulders (two different sets), gloves and legs all seem very familiar.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Azathoth posted:

I played this at launch and for a few months afterwards, going so far as to get a character to the max level, but quit when the endgame was "check this external website to see which world boss will spawn next, go to spot, hit it a couple times, collect loot, repeat". I understand that there's a whole bunch of new stuff available and I'm looking to come back.

However, I'm curious how necessary it is to immediately purchase Heart of Thorns. Assume, for the sake of argument, that I don't care about playing the Revenant class right away and that I plan to start a new character, not pick up any of my old characters. If it doesn't grab me, I just don't want to have dropped $50 for something that I didn't need to. I had fun the first time around, so if it's integrated into the starting experience, I'm willing to take the risk but I figured I'd ask here first.

If you're just trying to see if you might be interested in it now, you probably don't need HoT, though rev is really one of the smaller selling points. I will say that you don't need to pay $50 even if you want HoT-- DLgamer is a legit seller and has it on for 37.49.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

neongrey posted:

If you're just trying to see if you might be interested in it now, you probably don't need HoT, though rev is really one of the smaller selling points. I will say that you don't need to pay $50 even if you want HoT-- DLgamer is a legit seller and has it on for 37.49.
Much appreciated. Makes it a bit easier to take a flyer on it.

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

Am I doing it right?

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I didn't appreciate Cantha until a couple years later after taking some East Asian history classes and learning some Mandarin. There's a lot of hidden details I wouldn't have picked up on otherwise. It's a questionable design choice to have threshold knowledge requirements to 'get' your video game, but at least it felt nice to put my arts degree to some use. GW2 engine would make those landscapes amazing too, the ambience of the Cantha zones was pretty swell.

That said, I enjoyed the power creep of Nightfall more.

e. also I support xun.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

i support cat pictures in the gw2 thread

fake edit: like this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
I support cats. You know all them cats like Katt Williams, Samurai Pizza Cats, and you know the rest.

• Locked thread