Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

dreezy posted:

the main problem with redlettermedia threads is they always start talking about things that aren't redlettermedia and that way madness lies.

MGS3 is the best one by a lap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Does CineD analyze any movies that aren't based on comic books or designed to sell toys?

Let me introduce you to their Prometheus thread...

Actually, no. Never read that. Ever.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
For real though, anyone have the links to the old threads? Some funny poo poo in those.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
The old thread is in BYOB.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
CineD is a gift.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Don't worry guys I'm stewarding your RLM's experience and I have a few shall we say tricks up my sleeve to keep discussion firmly on topic.

Jack...... Is worse than Josh. And both the canadians are awful.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

So who are these scarlet letter folks? Some of them were goons? What's the backstory?

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Baronjutter posted:

So who are these scarlet letter folks? Some of them were goons? What's the backstory?

classic gilchrest

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

One time Jay came to GBS and we scared him off.

Now we are still waiting for daddy to get back from the store with his smokes.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

reignofevil posted:

One time Jay came to GBS and we scared him off.

Now we are still waiting for daddy to get back from the store with his smokes.

Really? When was this,what happened? Also good job idiots.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Do goons obsess about scaring him off like they do with Kate Beaton?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

by "scared Jay away" do you mean a Kate Beaton-style scaring or something else

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Lil Peeler posted:

It was a gbs 1.0 job, all the suspects are long fled.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
What happened with Kate?

This is why we're dead and gay

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Lil Peeler posted:

It was because the red tails review caused a 50 page discussion where all the gbs race scholars weighed in on how horrible they were for critiquing a movie with blacks

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

What happened with Kate?

This is why we're dead and gay

She posted a bit on SA way back in the day and her interest just sort of petered out and forgot about the site because it wasn't a great forum and she had much more interesting things to do. Goons then flipped out that they must have done something to offend her or scare her off and decided to obsess about it for years.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Imagine if Ghostbusters 2016 happened during GBS 1.0

On second thought, don't do that. In fact, don't think of GBS 1.0 ever again.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

She posted a bit on SA way back in the day and her interest just sort of petered out and forgot about the site because it wasn't a great forum and she had much more interesting things to do. Goons then flipped out that they must have done something to offend her or scare her off and decided to obsess about it for years.

I uhhh have no idea what your talking about.

*shuffles feet nervously*

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

Some actual critics couldn't tell Starship Troopers was a parody lampooning the gently caress out of the ideology of the book and nationalist militarism in general and thought it was bad because of that, then when they figured it out it was a good movie. CD thinks they can apply this to everything, and thus if you say something is actually a clever parody it's automatically good and makes you the holder of a secret truth.

It's basically the same attraction of a lot of conspiracy theories. People want to feel like they're part of a small group that knows the real truth the sheeple can't see.

But Starship Troopers is not a good movie even when you know it's a satire.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Nah man it's great.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Does CineD analyze any movies that aren't based on comic books or designed to sell toys?

No, every thread about interesting, important, obscure, or just actual good films and film makers that gets posted there dies on the vine.

Makes me said because there are actually a couple smart and cool posters in there like Hundu the Beast God, and it's like watching Hawkins hanging out at a Star Wars Convention.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Lil Peeler posted:

If it was GBS1.0 then Jay wasn't even hot then.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

proof of concept posted:

so, basically, yes, it's a giant loving circlejerk of idiots who are sucking each others' e-cocks. A circle-suck? Whatever the term for it is.
A human centipede.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Baronjutter posted:

Some actual critics couldn't tell Starship Troopers was a parody lampooning the gently caress out of the ideology of the book and nationalist militarism in general and thought it was bad because of that, then when they figured it out it was a good movie.

Just to back you up here, Paul Verhoeven says this almost verbatim within the first 10 seconds of his audio commentary, then goes on to instruct you how to read his movie as a satire

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Berious posted:

If it was GBS1.0 then Jay wasn't even hot then.

Like he wouldn't be scared off by the likes of HODOR today.

GBS, GBS never changes.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

JB50 posted:

Like he wouldn't be scared off by the likes of HODOR today.

GBS, GBS never changes.

I think there's a filter actually for non regs, where everything Hodor says is Hodor, the same way swears are filtered out.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

JediTalentAgent posted:

I think that's maybe one of the reasons that whenever a movie thread starts up in GBS or something that they seem to do pretty well. People seem to be a lot more casual (for the most part) about film talk in other forums, even when they disagree.

The Batman v Superman GBS thread was really chill and funny because anyone without brain damage knows that was a loving terrible movie.

The loving CineD thread was a daisy chain of stupidity not seen on these forums since the keto diet thread in W&W ended up with a teenager being put on statins because he only ate bacon grease and cheese.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

:smuggo:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
and yet misterbibs is still allowed to post there

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

and yet misterbibs is still allowed to post there

In fairness, so is everyone else there.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Plinkett's TFA review was so great, the hugs montage was the one thing I kept coming back to. So I made an extended version to get it out of my brain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gcams9MEyY

I wonder how fast Disney content ID the poo poo out it.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Good news, Warwick Davis is going to be in episode 8!! http://comicbook.com/2016/10/04/warwick-davis-will-appear-in-star-wars-episode-viii/

but whyyyyy

edit lol

quote:

Davis returned in The Phantom Menace to play Weasel and Wald. The actor also starred as a lead in a 1988 film titled Willow which was scripted by George Lucas.

Last year, Davis starred in The Force Awakens as an alien called Wollivan in Maz Kanata’s cantina.

unforgettable roles to be sure

Mulaney Power Move fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Oct 5, 2016

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
gotta put somebody in r2d2

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Junior Jr. posted:

Plinkett's TFA review was so great, the hugs montage was the one thing I kept coming back to. So I made an extended version to get it out of my brain.

You are either a really good person or a really bad one. I'll let you know depending on if I ever can stop listening to this.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.

Junior Jr. posted:

Are the prequels a hugless universe?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Weird BIAS posted:

Are the prequels a hugless universe?

Anakin gave his mom a quick hug before leaving her to a life of slavery

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Clawtopsy posted:

gotta put somebody in r2d2

i hope he reprises his role from jedi except he's an x-wing pilot

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I think Goonies is still pretty good.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Starship Troopers was badass when I thought it was a weird future-war movie when I was in middle school. My friends and I loving loved it. Then later when I read the actual book Starship Troopers and got into the whole whacked-out author and his ideas on government and poo poo and Verhoeven ripping into that dude and the movie was a result of that I loved it even more. Goddamn Starship Troopers is ace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Mulaney Power Move posted:

unforgettable roles to be sure

It's weird how all his roles also begin with a W.

KakerMix posted:

Starship Troopers was badass when I thought it was a weird future-war movie when I was in middle school. My friends and I loving loved it. Then later when I read the actual book Starship Troopers and got into the whole whacked-out author and his ideas on government and poo poo and Verhoeven ripping into that dude and the movie was a result of that I loved it even more. Goddamn Starship Troopers is ace.

I'm still so impressed by the visuals in that movie, and it's almost twenty years old!

• Locked thread