Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I can't wait for the Patriots to win the Superbowl the year Tom Brady missed 1/4 of the season because Roger Goodell is a petulant baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Bad Moon posted:

Cupping is a proven therapy that relieves tension.

Oh we aren't referring to somebody holding my balls?

I think that's something that LWB does for all Seahawks posters.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Brockenstein posted:

I can't wait for the Patriots to win the Superbowl the year Tom Brady missed 1/4 of the season because Roger Goodell is a petulant baby

The fact that he was suspended means he didn't actually earn this super bowl if the pats win it

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Do it ironically posted:

remember when Arians was THE BEST COACH EVER yet he hadn't ever won poo poo lmao

Arians won a superbowl with Pittsburgh, but he still has never beaten Bellicheck when it counts, and his offense still has the same flaws it always had

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I suddenly lost a lot of respect for adaz in this post.

It's one thing to cite some esoteric physical law, and another thing entirely to dismiss out-of-hand the other things like The Deflator and signed merchandise and the quick trip to the bathroom with a bag of balls.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I have to wonder what's going on in OBJ's head to make him unhappy outside of football

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Stupid Dick posted:

I remember #4 with Chad Johnson. That was the game where they let SD come all the way back and beat them 49-41 by scoring 21 points in both the 3rd and 4th quarters. I was loving FURIOUS. That's probably the angriest I've ever been at the team other than the end of this last season.

That really was a hell of a game. I remember it felt like both teams' offenses were just going up and down the field the whole time and neither defense could get a stop. I dunno what it was about the Chargers even when they were good, but Palmer always looked like a HOFer when he played us.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Ehud posted:

The fact that he was suspended means he didn't actually earn this super bowl if the pats win it

Do you think we care about legitimacy at this point? :laugh:

History will reduce Brady & Company to lovable scamps like has happened to every "bad" sports team that won championships ever, while BeliBorg 2029 reprograms the linebacker-bots with illegal blitz code, to the outrage of the cannibalistic atomic mutants that will make up the the AFC East's fanbase.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

I have to wonder what's going on in OBJ's head to make him unhappy outside of football

Ask him if he's ever been cupped

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

OBJ is the next Josh Gordon.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
"football isn't fun now that defenders are trying new ways to keep me from dunking all over them."

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

No one outside of Cardinals fans considers the 85 World Series illegitimate and that was provably so, I seriously doubt Brady's legacy will be anything but greatness a decade from now

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Did Josh Norman ruin Beckham like Jordan ruined Bogues?

I'd be okay with that

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

zimbomonkey posted:

Did Josh Norman ruin Beckham like Jordan ruined Bogues?

I'd be okay with that

It would be doubly funny considering that despite Norman getting in his head all day, Beckham pretty much owned him on the field

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

WHOOPS posted:

"football isn't fun now that defenders are trying new ways to keep me from dunking all over them."

OBJ showed up to a video game competition only to be upset that he can't turn "invulnerability" on.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Go my newly adopted NFC team the Philadelphia Eagles and also Go the Chargers who Suck rear end

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Brockenstein posted:

No one outside of Cardinals fans considers the 85 World Series illegitimate and that was provably so, I seriously doubt Brady's legacy will be anything but greatness a decade from now

But then we'd never get this gem

quote:

The Royals celebrated the rally, and mobbed home plate. The Cardinals went to their dressing rooms, only to find champagne waiting for them and plastic over their lockers in anticipation for the celebration.

Also KC fans are loud deal with it

quote:

Denkinger stated that he still believed he had made the right call until he later met with Commissioner Peter Ueberroth after the game and had the opportunity to see the replay himself. He would later claim that he was waiting to hear the ball land in Worrell's glove while watching the bag for Orta's foot. Due to the crowd noise in Royals Stadium, he ruled Orta safe because he never heard Worrell catch the ball.

Also gently caress Cardinals fans.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

kiimo posted:

But then we'd never get this gem

Don't get me wrong, it owned and I'm glad Brett got a ring. Just saying, don't be surprised when Brady's legacy is that of the greatest ever

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Man, I feel bad for Beckham because the New York media is just going to relentlessly kill him for these statements. OBJ is almost definitely Shook but he's also cool and fun to watch and I'd rather not see him destroyed.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

kiimo posted:

Also gently caress Cardinals fans.

I can't say this enough.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

OBJ and Josh Gordon will both be Patriots by the start of the 2017 season somehow

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
OBJ is soft, just like the rest of the Giants, maybe Pete could save him, doubt it though

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i'm more annoyed at ben mcadoo calling bitch rear end gameplans than i am OBJ

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ehud posted:

Gonna have to add another asterisk

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Diva Cupcake posted:

Man, I feel bad for Beckham because the New York media is just going to relentlessly kill him for these statements. OBJ is almost definitely Shook but he's also cool and fun to watch and I'd rather not see him destroyed.

He should leave the hellscape of New York for greener pastures

Like Philly :getin:

Azhais posted:

Gonna have to add another asterisk

***Tom Brady***

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

OBJ in Houston would be nice, having two WRs who can contort their bodies for sick one handed catches on badly thrown balls would be a life saver with Brock at QB

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah when you've had enough with abusive fans do yourself a favor and head to Philadelphia, PA.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
He doesn't have a problem with fans, he has a problem with the New York Football Giants' vacuum of suck.

I read a bunch of stories from the Coughlin era about how it was a terribly uptight environment and not a lot of fun for anyone.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Brockenstein posted:

OBJ and Josh Gordon will both be Patriots by the start of the 2017 season somehow

Doubt it.

I am 100% sure Christian McCaffrey will end up on the Pats though.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
yeah winning 2 super bowls within relevant history must be absolutely awful, sure wouldn't want to deal with that.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
This hurricane is looking to gently caress my poo poo up and I am not cool with thag.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

First crying on the field, now football isn't fun. Beckham better take a page outta Beef Moe's book and shut the gently caress up for a little bit.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Santheb posted:

now football isn't fun.

idk he makes a pretty good point

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I've been in OBJ's situation before, and the solution is a crippling addiction to benzos

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

corn on the cop posted:

idk he makes a pretty good point

He makes it look pretty fun when he's not being a giant loving baby.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Brockenstein posted:

OBJ in Houston would be nice, having two WRs who can contort their bodies for sick one handed catches on badly thrown balls would be a life saver with Brock at QB

Between the two of them they could combine for 2 catches for 8 yards!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Santheb posted:

He makes it look pretty fun when he's not being a giant loving baby.

he'll cool once he gets his touchdowns.

the alternative is the start of a new patriot dynasty

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Doubt it.

I am 100% sure Christian McCaffrey will end up on the Pats though.

Do you really think Elway will be able to resist that temptation?

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Vengarr posted:

He should leave the hellscape of New York for greener pastures

Like Philly :getin:

***Tom Brady***

Vengarr posted:

He doesn't have a problem with fans, he has a problem with the New York Football Giants' vacuum of suck.

I read a bunch of stories from the Coughlin era about how it was a terribly uptight environment and not a lot of fun for anyone.

the gently caress is this poo poo

this is why people can hate a whole sports city despite it never experiencing any actual success

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

sean10mm posted:

Deflategate was the dumbest thing ever, the Pats are shady, Pats fans are terrible, Roger Goodell is awful, Brady whines a lot, and while your coach is a pants-making GBS threads moron compared to Belichick, Brisket is for sandwiches and not throwing footballs because he looks worse than Ryan Mallett which is saying a lot so they lost, mcmagic is a cancerous lesion on humanity.

OK, I'm all outta hot takes. :chord:

got one more for you, homie

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Oct 5, 2016

• Locked thread