Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Midnight Voyager posted:

I call this one "FuckYou.jpg"

That one sprung up on my Facebook today, but thankfully in the format of someone saying "gently caress whoever made this"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Elblanco posted:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/4/13156398/adult-swim-female-writers

Does this count? Because holy poo poo it's bad.

Tl;dr: Marketing VP at Adult Swim reacts to stats saying adult swim has the fewest female writers in the industry, with :biotruths:

They've really taken a hard right recently, haven't they?

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

mds2 posted:

Superimpose some biblical text about false gods over a picture of Trump sitting on his throne in his golden apartment.
No, write back that you couldn't understand anything she was writing so would she please rewrite it more clearly.

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

Wait he deleted his entire Twitter history up until July? Why stop there Notch keep going then delete your account. Looks like Martin Shkreli is buying 4chan now.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Serperoth posted:

I saw this one today, with a caption on it that said "When you share this meme, someone you know with depression realizes they cannot trust you." which is bang on. I went to a psychologist last week, and she referred me to a psychiatrist with the comment that he'd probably give me medication, and for a second the whole "bad brain pillz" thing crossed my mind, so this hits extra close for me. Especially in a country with quite some mental illness stigma like mine (Greece)

Yeah, the first time someone mentions meds to you, you have this knee-jerk reaction like "I'm not crazy!" or "Oh god, I'll lose my personality and become a zombie." Pictures like this just add to the idea that you're too lazy and/or stupid to cure yourself.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

MizPiz posted:

They've really taken a hard right recently, haven't they?

Decker is a parody

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I think he's talking about the World Peace guys.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

All this time, Notch was Landerig.

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015
In the youtube comments I found this gem.

quote:

The pheromone deficiency which causes PTSD is alleviated with 250mg of healthy adult male facial skin surface lipid. A soldier needs to get about that much from his/her father or adult male care taker who allows the soldier to kiss his face.
If the father is unavailable for kissing or if the soldier grows up in an air polluted environment (ozone in air pollution irritates chemo-receptive mucosae behind the nose), the symptoms of pheromone deficiency arise. A sufficiency of maternal facial skin surface lipid coupled with a deficiency of paternal facial skin surface lipid creates homosexual ideation and behavior or other deviance as circumstances of exposure allow (e.g. foot fetishers, etc.).
The pheromone contains 735 different chemicals, most of which have the stereochemistry of butterfly pheromones. One major component, sebaleic acid, is found nowhere else in nature and marks us as human beings.
When one blushes, pheromone is emitted onto the skin surface in preparation for a kiss to remove it. It is the glands, ever so sensitive to heat, that are highly vascularized, not the skin surface--so there is no blushing to rid the body of heat, it's there to put pheromone under kisses exactly when and where necessary.
The pheromone varies in detectable concentrations from person to person, there is a sexual dimorphism, and from place to place on the human body to account for different kissing practiced in human culture.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/tradegovuk/status/782860452325982208

Official government account. :negative:

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

ZoeDomingo posted:

I finally saw a crazy Trump supporter in action. I posted something to my Facebook about how Trump seems to go against everything that Jesus taught, and yet is supported unquestioningly by so many evangelical and fundamentalist Christians. I mainly said how scary and heartbreaking it is that people who claim to follow Jesus would want to vote for someone like that.

Anyway, I got a few likes from my friends, and no one has really commented on my timeline, except my parents' neighbor who said something like, "It is scary, but what are we supposed to do?" (I don't know, maybe WWJD?)

My friend shared my post on her own timeline. This was the first response she got, almost immediately after she posted it:

:stare:

It's got it all: blaming Clinton for her husband's affairs, "Big Government," "Don't take my guns," "Sharia Law," talk of (violent?) revolution, "Research it out," and some crazy thing about the "Black Moon" that I don't get but am assuming it's some portent of evil.

This lady spewed this near-gibberish so quickly and so rabidly that it frankly astounded me. Honestly, I kind of thought most of the really crazy political IOSM posts were fake. I guess not.

Yeah she crazy

The Black Moon though.. is a similar term to Blue Moon. Blue is 2 full moons in a month, Black is 2 new moons in a month. In all my years i'd never heard of this until a few nights ago when it was occurring, so no idea if it's a new term or an old one

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Midnight Voyager posted:

I call this one "FuckYou.jpg"

and now I've seen someone trying to explain this as totally a fine thing to say but in a CONTEXT, GEEZ

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

ZoeDomingo
Nov 12, 2009

mds2 posted:

Superimpose some biblical text about false gods over a picture of Trump sitting on his throne in his golden apartment.

Good plan.

trickybiscuits posted:

No, write back that you couldn't understand anything she was writing so would she please rewrite it more clearly.

Oh, even better! Ha!

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Yeah she crazy

The Black Moon though.. is a similar term to Blue Moon. Blue is 2 full moons in a month, Black is 2 new moons in a month. In all my years i'd never heard of this until a few nights ago when it was occurring, so no idea if it's a new term or an old one

Yeah, later in the day I mentioned that to a coworker and they told me that. I'd never heard the phrase. Still, I think she seemed to think it was far more ominous than it seems.

She later apologized to my friend for ranting in that way, and my friend, being the wonderful and generous person she is, responded very kindly. My friend is good people.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

This is the most baffling part. Is there some meaning behind the faceless suit man and the space pictures?

I don't know the meaning behind any of it because I try to avoid these smug douches, but this is another of the "be a dickbag about rationality on youtube" crowd. Goes by "Undoomed" and, according to his Patreon,* "is creating funny videos that expose stupidity."

*The first valid result that came up when I googled "youtube atheist that looks like slenderman" because I couldn't remember his name.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
You heard it here first!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/JMKTV/status/783067248269426688

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Do they talk about being black all the time?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Kangarookie posted:

Do they talk about being black all the time?

Kinda. It's like the Barbershop films, only if Cedric the Entertainer is jacked, bulletproof, and actually entertaining.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hickory smoked, free range, grass fed jams and marmalades.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Another story of someone losing a job over Facebook posts. What is it this time?

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010
White people have a pathological disposition towards assuming everyone else is just as racist as they are. So many times I've had someone say disgusting things to me in the course of conversation like I'm supposed to agree about those loving n-words just by default. Mix that with no knowledge of how social media works and you get the above.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

At least two of these are jokes made by nonwhite people to highlight the exact issue everyone complaining about the tweets is talking about. Poe's Law, etc.

Xen Tricks posted:

White people have a pathological disposition towards assuming everyone else is just as racist as they are. So many times I've had someone say disgusting things to me in the course of conversation like I'm supposed to agree about those loving n-words just by default. Mix that with no knowledge of how social media works and you get the above.

This is also true but only if we take "white people" to mean "racists." I am a really WASP-y looking Jewish person and people say the most anti-Semitic nonsense to me all the drat time and are surprised when I don't go along with it.

Dogfish has a new favorite as of 03:37 on Oct 5, 2016

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Picnic Princess posted:

Another story of someone losing a job over Facebook posts. What is it this time?

I was coming here to post that.

She's from Forsyth County, Georgia. Forsyth County is where Oprah Winfrey broadcast in the 1980s as the county claimed to have no black citizens - they had run all of them out 70 years earlier - and was drat proud of it. I can't see why that area still might have a problem with race.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Dogfish posted:

This is also true but only if we take "white people" to mean "racists." I am a really WASP-y looking Jewish person and people say the most anti-Semitic nonsense to me all the drat time and are surprised when I don't go along with it.

I'm black and even I get racist rear end white people coming up to me and saying vile poo poo about other races like I'm just going to nod my head and agree with it. Thank you for this spontaneous rant about how you hate Mexicans and or Muslims, that's just what I wanted to hear when I'm at work minding my own business.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009
Yeah it's really super-revealing about people's basic attitudes. They mistrust every ethnicity but their own, so surely you do too? Why could you, a non-Mexican, possibly object to being subjected to a racist rant about Mexicans??

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
I was just reading a big bunch of comments on a post about Clarence Thomas being mostly left out of the Black American history museum and it was like the Ford Fairlane quote about a conversation with someone being like masturbating with a cheese grater: interesting, but painful.

A standout was a woman of Irish descent saying that her ancestors had been slaves, I'm assuming in North America, and then saying that Michelle Obama's great-great-grandfather had been a black slave owner. When I looked it up all I found was that Michelle Obama had a slaveowning ancestor who was an Irish immigrant. People are idiots and bad at research. (I let the woman know that that was all I'd found and that I was kind of pissed at her, will update with any response.)

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

One of my coworkers is racist against Natives, that whenever one doesn't act like an angel around her she goes into a rant about "Natives and their lovely attitude." We constantly remind her that ANYONE could have acted like that, race doesn't factor into it. I've often retaliated with "And don't even get me started on white people, I run into so many lovely white people it's ridiculous, clearly it's because they're white". She still doesn't get it and just ends with "I just hate it when the stereotypes keep getting proven true". :sigh:

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I had a co-worker tell me she was happy that Catylin Jenner's show got canceled because, (and this is a direct qoute) "Serves him right, he was probably only doing it for the money. I don't believe that he is really... that way." Unfortunately she doesn't have any social media otherwise I'm sure I'd have an endless supply of material for this thread.

gus rules ok
Aug 2, 2016

trickybiscuits posted:

I was just reading a big bunch of comments on a post about Clarence Thomas being mostly left out of the Black American history museum and it was like the Ford Fairlane quote about a conversation with someone being like masturbating with a cheese grater: interesting, but painful.

A standout was a woman of Irish descent saying that her ancestors had been slaves, I'm assuming in North America, and then saying that Michelle Obama's great-great-grandfather had been a black slave owner. When I looked it up all I found was that Michelle Obama had a slaveowning ancestor who was an Irish immigrant. People are idiots and bad at research. (I let the woman know that that was all I'd found and that I was kind of pissed at her, will update with any response.)

If she continues her idiocy, make sure to congratulate her on falling for a bullshit meme spread by neo-nazis:

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2016/04/19/how-myth-irish-slaves-became-favorite-meme-racists-online

https://medium.com/@Limerick1914/the-imagery-of-the-irish-slaves-myth-dissected-143e70aa6e74#.3ixb8iv9a

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Picnic Princess posted:

One of my coworkers is racist against Natives, that whenever one doesn't act like an angel around her she goes into a rant about "Natives and their lovely attitude." We constantly remind her that ANYONE could have acted like that, race doesn't factor into it. I've often retaliated with "And don't even get me started on white people, I run into so many lovely white people it's ridiculous, clearly it's because they're white". She still doesn't get it and just ends with "I just hate it when the stereotypes keep getting proven true". :sigh:
Like the stereotype about white people being racist? (assuming she's white)

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

JT Smiley posted:

I had a co-worker tell me she was happy that Catylin Jenner's show got canceled because, (and this is a direct qoute) "Serves him right, he was probably only doing it for the money. I don't believe that he is really... that way." Unfortunately she doesn't have any social media otherwise I'm sure I'd have an endless supply of material for this thread.

I was glad Caitlyn Jenner's show got cancelled because she killed the hell out of those people with her SUV.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Women drivers amirite

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

trickybiscuits posted:

Like the stereotype about white people being racist? (assuming she's white)

Of course she is :unsmigghh:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Picnic Princess posted:

This is a huge thing.

Let's say a person is racist against X race. They meet 100 people of X race. 99 are wonderful sweet people who buy them lunch, share their political views, and barrack for teh same sports team etc. Then they meet 1 who is slightly rude to them. All of a sudden its "All X are rude lazy dirty stinky arseholes with baggy pants and who don't have jobs who refuse to pay child support etc. etc." If you bring up the 99 that they met earlier in the day, they will say "Oh, they are the exception. See that last guy was slightly rude!"

It is confirmation bias pure and simple, and you will never ever cure these people of their racism. Sadly.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

BrigadierSensible posted:

This is a huge thing.

Let's say a person is racist against X race. They meet 100 people of X race. 99 are wonderful sweet people who buy them lunch, share their political views, and barrack for teh same sports team etc. Then they meet 1 who is slightly rude to them. All of a sudden its "All X are rude lazy dirty stinky arseholes with baggy pants and who don't have jobs who refuse to pay child support etc. etc." If you bring up the 99 that they met earlier in the day, they will say "Oh, they are the exception. See that last guy was slightly rude!"

It is confirmation bias pure and simple, and you will never ever cure these people of their racism. Sadly.

There is a cure, but it's illegal.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Picnic Princess posted:

I remember being in a weird situation in a cabin out in the woods with mostly white guys and one of the guys starts bringing up how Native Americans are irresponsible alcoholics. It was a weird situation because it was one of those rare instances where we all actually called him out for that racism, and he started arguing that his dad quit drinking after having him, so why can't those people do it? It was also strange because I live in a part of the USA where First Nations folks don't really live in, and it came practically out of nowhere.

AND now it's gotten weirder after I stopped drinking and came out as an alcoholic to him. Now I dunno if he sees me as proof that white people who are alcoholics "are just more responsible", but I already called him out on it back when I was irresponsible, so hopefully that has a little value.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I Killed GBS posted:

How would taking them to the dogfights help?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

I Killed GBS posted:

Not in Utah or, as of last week, Okoboji.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

trapped mouse posted:

I remember being in a weird situation in a cabin out in the woods with mostly white guys and one of the guys starts bringing up how Native Americans are irresponsible alcoholics. It was a weird situation because it was one of those rare instances where we all actually called him out for that racism, and he started arguing that his dad quit drinking after having him, so why can't those people do it? It was also strange because I live in a part of the USA where First Nations folks don't really live in, and it came practically out of nowhere.

AND now it's gotten weirder after I stopped drinking and came out as an alcoholic to him. Now I dunno if he sees me as proof that white people who are alcoholics "are just more responsible", but I already called him out on it back when I was irresponsible, so hopefully that has a little value.

Well, for one thing, Eurasians have been getting loving lit up for longer than recorded history, whereas alcohol wasn't really a thing in the americas until it was brought over. There is almost certainly an epigenetic component to the serious alcoholism issues affecting native populations. "Responsibility" doesn't even enter the equation.