Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Night10194 posted:

If this is how it ends up this will actually work out well.

https://twitter.com/lizcgoodwin/status/783510720180805633
Very well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

berserker posted:

Oh man the Daily Show is ripping into Pence's love for Trump's "broad shoulders"

My friend at work has been listening to coverage and called this months ago.

He is quite certain that Pence has a man crush on Trump. And not the Hetero Life mate kind.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

iospace posted:

They shouldn't? Shouldn't cause feedback at least.

I have no clue, I was just spitballing. The props not being allowed thing is also a good reason.

Sarah Palin was a uniquely bad VP candidate, picked by a guy who statistically could very well have died in office, and even then I don't think she's even a main reason why he lost, rather than simply both a unique touchstone representative of that moment in American history and a preview of what was to come with the rise of the Tea Party and post-reality Republican politics.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/783500826065113088
lol

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Kaine clearly lost the VP debate, but he might have done it in a way that gives them ammunition to use against Trump, which is about the best you can hope for from a VP debate. Conversely I don't know that Pence winning can really help Trump in any way.

e: Either way, lovely debate as expected, good job.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Oct 5, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

thank god pence decided to trip down some stairs on his way out

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

This number will grow to about 9-10% too!

It won't unless a Khan-grade thing happens to Trump days before the election. If the Miss Universe and other stuff were to keep up non-stop until November I honestly think voters would get severe outrage fatigue and Trump would do better in polling at people just it tune out. His normal fuckups are campaign-ending for past elections so constant Khan level things could just make people numb to it.

This would be awesome, especially if it would cause the POTUS debate this Sunday to bring up "Pence denied you said X and Y when you said them on dates A and B, how do you feel about your running mate denying your own statements Donald" questions. I'm not holding my breath on it, but maybe Hillary will point out Pence denying Trump's own statements to throw him off.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Crain posted:

Yeah. Like I said: Probably dumb question.

I'm just so loving pissed and tired of this post factual poo poo the GOP pulls. Fact checking has been politicized and moderators holding candidates accountable is a crime punishable by death according to the GOP.

Plus these are old people and technology so that really wouldn't work.

It's another one of those problems where the answer is "the media has to grow a spine and care about more than their bottom line," because there's not a lot we can really do about it.

I still strongly disagree with the idea that Kaine clearly lost the debate. Post-debate analysis and audience reactions are clearly not representing this as the reality. He might have lost by a little bit, but I think the average person is going to view this debate very differently than politically aware D&D goons.

Edit:

Wait, how did he phrase his stuff on Mexicans? I didn't pay attention because you guys were making dick jokes but now I want to know how racist he was against people like me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No, you don't understand, 'that mexican thing' isn't a dick joke, those were literally the words that came out of his mouth.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CNN Poll: 48-42 Pence. Not the homerun the Trump camp needed, but a proverbial man on base.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

CNN literally just rated Kaine's claim that Trump thinks all Mexicans are bad as false

He said they're rapists, yeah, but not BAD

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

iospace posted:

CNN Poll: 48-42 Pence. Not the homerun the Trump camp needed, but a proverbial man on base.

That sounds like mostly a wash.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Lightning Knight posted:

Wait, how did he phrase his stuff on Mexicans? I didn't pay attention because you guys were making dick jokes but now I want to know how racist he was against people like me.

Kaine brought up Trump's "Mexicans are rapists" comment and Pence said "There you go, whipping out that Mexican thing again" like it was something totally inconsequential.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

iospace posted:

Nah, considering how much damaging stuff is going to come out over the next few days regarding lying about Trump statements, "That mexican thing", only being able to pull out a tiny margin is a serious loss.
Romneying it up doesn't work when the VP is contradicting the President.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
http://www.thatmexicanthing.com

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Endorph posted:

No, you don't understand, 'that mexican thing' isn't a dick joke, those were literally the words that came out of his mouth.

Pakled posted:

Kaine brought up Trump's "Mexicans are rapists" comment and Pence said "There you go, whipping out that Mexican thing again" like it was something totally inconsequential.

wait for real? Goddamn what an rear end in a top hat.

I hope Hillary can put that into an ad with Spanish subtitles or narration, what a prick.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

disjoe posted:

CNN literally just rated Kaine's claim that Trump thinks all Mexicans are bad as false

I wonder if anyone at CNN is smart enough to realize they're making the argument that rapists aren't bad. Probably not, because it's CNN.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016
You guys are the Arzying mirror of 4chan. They're making GBS threads on Pence.

It's a wash.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Lightning Knight posted:

I still strongly disagree with the idea that Kaine clearly lost the debate. Post-debate analysis and audience reactions are clearly not representing this as the reality. He might have lost by a little bit, but I think the average person is going to view this debate very differently than politically aware D&D goons.

I'm more just lamenting the state of discourse that Cheeto Benito and the Sea Cucumber Incontinence Club have created for american politics.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

haveblue posted:

I spent it playing Destiny so I guess I won. Barely.

The Binding of Isaac here, although I would have watched the debate if I remembered it was on

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

disjoe posted:

The guys literally said "Well he called them rapists and theives, but he didn't literally say the word "bad", so this is false. Beep, boop"

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Themagicalgoat posted:

It's a wash.

They're probably just pissed that Pence didn't suck Putin's dick.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

disjoe posted:

He did say "some, I assume, are good people"

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

disjoe posted:

I assume this is on the strength of "some of them, I assume, are good people."

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Good god, I just saw a CNN promo for the 2nd presidential debate and it was shot, edited, and narrated 100% like a heavyweight boxing title fight.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Crain posted:

I'm more just lamenting the state of discourse that Cheeto Benito and the Sea Cucumber Incontinence Club have created for american politics.

The level of political discourse in America has never been some shiny paragon of virtue and you'll have a better outlook if you realize that we're better off than we were even fifty years ago, not worse. The grass is greener, nostalgia for the good old days, etc., etc.

Tom Guycot posted:

Good god, I just saw a CNN promo for the 2nd presidential debate and it was shot, edited, and narrated 100% like a heavyweight boxing title fight.

Hillary pokes Trump once in the shoulder and he deflates like a balloon, leaving only a corncob hairpiece to prove he was ever there.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Nessus posted:

I assume this is on the strength of "some of them, I assume, are good people."

I assume it is too, but those are horrendously weak grounds to plant a big fat FALSE flag on that statement.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Take on MSNBC is that Pence may have won the snap results but the Clinton campaign will be able to pull a lot out that Pence said to attack Trump while Kaine was pretty safe towards the campaign.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Impressive.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Tom Guycot posted:

It's like that almost every time.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Themagicalgoat posted:

It's a wash.

Wait what, how?

weekly font posted:

Take on MSNBC is that Pence may have won the snap results but the Clinton campaign will be able to pull a lot out that Pence said to attack Trump while Kaine was pretty safe towards the campaign.

Agreed. Expect the last segment (abortion) to get played a lot, and "That Mexican thing" as well.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

iospace posted:

Watch Trump gidp it away like the poo poo head he is.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I couldn't stand to watch the whole thing, but from what I saw I'd consider it a wash. They both had difficulty actually answering a question and when they tried they interruped each other constantly. Kaine seemed to get caught in a loop a lot, and Pence just sat there and denied reality.
The moderator did a poor job keeping those two on track, she needed to have a crop or something to smack them when they went over.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
"Moderator Reminds Vice Presidential Debate Audience To Remain Silent When Exiting Early "

http://www.theonion.com/article/mod...SocialMarketing

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

Lightning Knight posted:

I have no clue, I was just spitballing. The props not being allowed thing is also a good reason.

Sarah Palin was a uniquely bad VP candidate, picked by a guy who statistically could very well have died in office, and even then I don't think she's even a main reason why he lost, rather than simply both a unique touchstone representative of that moment in American history and a preview of what was to come with the rise of the Tea Party and post-reality Republican politics.

According to 538 even the Sarah Palin debate didn't have a significant, sustained impact on the polling.

Although to be fair, Obama won that election in September when the Great Recession started, so I'm not sure it really could have.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

:vince: so fast

quote:

According to 538 even the Sarah Palin debate didn't have a significant, sustained impact on the polling.

Although to be fair, Obama won that election in September when the Great Recession started, so I'm not sure it really could have.

I completely agree.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

iospace posted:

Wait what, how?

He spent the entire debates running away from Trump and contradicting Trump

That will not play well once the fact checkers get a hold of it

Of course none of this matters, since a big rear end hurricane is about to dominate the news cycle starting Thursday

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I tuned out, was this Pence criticizing Putin?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/samsteinhp/status/783512170424307714

hahaha yes, this is just what this night needed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

Watch Trump gidp it away like the poo poo head he is.

Trump said Hillary was the MVP of ISIS, but that's only if you don't take the advanced sabermetrics into account

• Locked thread