Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

YancyQ posted:

How has no team picked up Rush? I thought that it might have been because his English was bad, but after watching his stream his English is fine. I can think of 6 or 7 NA teams and about 20 EU teams that would probably be better with him on their roster.

Supposedly he wants to stay in Korea and who knows if a LCK team would even want old man Rush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
He's got great streaming numbers now. Basically takes the place of qtpie after he goes to sleep at 7pm or whatever

E: I'm very excited for beyond the rift tomorrow

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I used my Twitch Prime to sub Imaqtpie...along with 1 million other people today, his subs never stopped popping.

Why does worlds continue on Wed but then take Thursday off? Seems lovely that the group that goes Wed has less time to prepare.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Jerkface posted:

I used my Twitch Prime to sub Imaqtpie...along with 1 million other people today, his subs never stopped popping.

Why does worlds continue on Wed but then take Thursday off? Seems lovely that the group that goes Wed has less time to prepare.

It doesn't? There are no games tomorrow

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Firebert posted:

Yeah it's just Prime Time League tomorrow.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTELFDdnTEw

How about that Team Liquid drama

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Firebert posted:

Oh I misread the schedule because they combined Wed & Thursday. I feel like it was presented worse last night when I was checking it. I was on cold medicine so I lay the blame there.

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax

lol intense

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Moatman posted:

Supposedly he wants to stay in Korea and who knows if a LCK team would even want old man Rush.

a korean team signed a player who had been in the military simply because he was popular. rush can definitely sign with some lck or lpl team.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Idk if he would even want to at this point, my under standing is theres no way a popular streamer makes less than a LCK pro.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

watching that little team liquid snippet is pretty funny because it's like a collaboration of a bunch of emotionally unstable people, none of whom are good enough to put up with that level of garbage. it also means the fabbbyyyyyyy sub was even stupider because you've assembled a team of people who can't keep their poo poo together and now you're trying to win off of synergy. altho maybe they promised dardoch they'd add an adc who isn't allowed to take any lane or jungle farm

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The process was probably like

*Dardoach joins as an all-star jungler
*Doesn't get along with Loco
*Piglet takes offense to this
*Dardoach is suspended for fighting with Loco
*Dardoach is brought back because TL couldn't win games
*Whole team starts to become volitile because of internal problems
*Piglet is sick of the drama and goes to TLA
*Split ends and Dardoach is released before playoffs because of all the drama
*Locodoco is also released because staff wants a fresh start next season

The absolute best thing Team Liquid could do right now with all that new money they've got is bring in Reignover (Without Huni) and Delinor and build a whole team around those two. Immortals brought in the duo all-stars but I think it was Delinor that was the driving force in that team

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Oct 5, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
What was it that made Dardoch fight with Loco? Was it disagreements as to how the game Lebanese Legions is meant to be played or was it something like Loco was a dick to Doch or was it a Dar-dick situation or did Dardoch just disrespect Loco because Loco is Loco

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

What was it that made Dardoch fight with Loco? Was it disagreements as to how the game Lebanese Legions is meant to be played or was it something like Loco was a dick to Doch or was it a Dar-dick situation or did Dardoch just disrespect Loco because Loco is Loco
Probably the last two but we'll find out when this dumb movie is out

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

yeah even though loco doesn't seem great i can see piglet taking up for him just because that is how korean pro teams do it

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

yeah even though loco doesn't seem great i can see piglet taking up for him just because that is how korean pro teams do it
In Korea it was drilled into players that the coach was the end-all authority and they all abided by it, but apparently after spreading out to Europe/NA/China most of the players didn't abide by that anymore. I think it's more likely that Piglet and Loco were friends because Piglet/Loco were ADCs at around the same time and Loco's peak was never even close to Piglets absolute worst so far

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Luna Was Here posted:

dardoch is a huge retard who can't control what he says or does

edit: idk if you saw the hacked chat logs but he's basically just constantly raging about how his teammates are poo poo and don't know anything second edit: i mean, he's a dumb rear end teenager. i'd like to know how different his behavior was before the team ended his suspension when they played badly without him tho.

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Oct 5, 2016

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Re: Rush, I'm fairly sure C9 would still use him if it wasn't for import rules. IIRC Jensen counts as NA after this season or something so Meteos is probably subbing until Contractz is old enough or Rush is allowed. I'll try to find the interview with meteos about rejoining later if I can, but I don't think he's planning on being C9's jungler long term. Which is why it's kinda sad how much hate he's drawing, dude already quit once because he doesn't like getting yelled at :smith:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Re: Rush, I'm fairly sure C9 would still use him if it wasn't for import rules. IIRC Jensen counts as NA after this season or something so Meteos is probably subbing until Contractz is old enough or Rush is allowed. I'll try to find the interview with meteos about rejoining later if I can, but I don't think he's planning on being C9's jungler long term. Which is why it's kinda sad how much hate he's drawing, dude already quit once because he doesn't like getting yelled at :smith:

maybe if he didn't suck he wouldn't be getting hated on :v:

he said in an interview that he doesn't like hard games because he would just rather powerfarm

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Meteos is bad and dumb and annoying and needs to go away, possibly to Sneaky's butthole, hth

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Meteos should just become a full time WoW streamer so he can live his personal dream of dank memes and forever PvE

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Schiavona posted:

Meteos should just become a full time WoW streamer so he can live his personal dream of dank memes and forever PvE

I feel like he's basically jungle qtpie. Qtpie didn't want to keep playing when it became too serious and emotionally draining, neither did Meteos. The difference is there were plenty of people to replace qtpie, and C9 couldn't replace Meteos. Hai is not a jungler, Contractz is too young, and both Jensen and Impact are big parts of how C9 wins so they don't have import spots left for Rush.

Quote me on this next year to make me look stupid if I'm wrong, but I absolutely believe that as soon as C9 finds another jungler they can field, whether it's Contractz getting old enough or Jensen not counting as an import or them finding some new talent, Meteos will instantly re-retire.

Meteos may not be top 10 junglers in the world but he is absolutely the best jungler C9 could have managed to get in time for worlds. He's probably still top 3 native NA junglers despite his farming addiction.

I kind of wonder how C9 keeps getting people like Meteos and Hai back, actually. Hai has wanted to retire for a while and at this point is openly saying so in interviews, and Meteos DID retire. C9 seems bizarrely capable of inspiring loyalty.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

I kind of wonder how C9 keeps getting people like Meteos and Hai back, actually. Hai has wanted to retire for a while and at this point is openly saying so in interviews, and Meteos DID retire. C9 seems bizarrely capable of inspiring loyalty.
too rich and too stubborn to do otherwise

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

They changed the import rule from 2 to 4 years, so I don't think Jensen will be considered a resident for a long time. It really hosed over Cloud9 and Rush ended up leaving not long afterwards

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

im sure like if TSM was in a pinch and there wasn't a single other player capable of playing top lane dyrus would be back. the orgs that take good care of their players seem to also maintain good relationships with them (compared to curse/TL that just salts the earth as much as possible.) maybe clg in a few years will be looked at like that as well, but most of their former players left on such bad terms i dont see them returning even if george said please.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

They changed the import rule from 2 to 4 years, so I don't think Jensen will be considered a resident for a long time. It really hosed over Cloud9 and Rush ended up leaving not long afterwards

Yeah, when Impact was picked up it was on the assumption that they'd be able to run Impact/Rush/Jensen in the following spring, but Riot changed the import rules on everyone.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Radical posted:

im sure like if TSM was in a pinch and there wasn't a single other player capable of playing top lane dyrus would be back. the orgs that take good care of their players seem to also maintain good relationships with them (compared to curse/TL that just salts the earth as much as possible.) maybe clg in a few years will be looked at like that as well, but most of their former players left on such bad terms i dont see them returning even if george said please.

But like even TSM had a kind of iffy break with xPecial, and while Chaox would probably come back if asked because it would mean being on TSM again, that break was a little hostile too. This is also ignoring any lingering issues with regi being mean to players on stream or whatever since it's pretty clear that all of that has been cleaned up in recent years.

Maybe C9 just lucked out and the combination of having a stable roster for a long time plus the temperament of the people on that roster just meant no drama got generated?

TSM these days though I imagine could basically pull anyone they want, but I think that speaks more to how good an organisation they are than to old loyalties. Whatever you can say about Regi, once he got off the stage he's been fantastic at running TSM and managing TSM's image. Maybe Riot could ask him for PR tips :v:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
C9's original roster stayed together for a pretty long time by esports standards with a relatively low amount if drama when anyone left.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

How would the gold work on C9 is Rush did somehow join? Would he be 4th behind Jensen, Impact, Sneaky? I never looked at gold charts while he was on the team, but with his aggressive play style I would have a hard time believing he was a low econ jungler.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Low Econ or no?? What does you think??? No. ok.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Rush might at least put it to good use. Meteos just afk farms the jungle then wanders aimlessly around afterwards.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
it's a bear market right now!!! invest in ANX!!! im buying seventy thousand call options and sitting back on easy street

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
if g2 stocks crater do you think it's worth hedging a risk

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

This guy kind of creepy. Or not? Not sure.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
also why is europe so bad, have they had all their talent imported away or something?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Zoness posted:

also why is europe so bad, have they had all their talent imported away or something?

The refugees taking over their continent have not practiced enough eSports titles to adequately fill import slots.

This post has been brought to you by Breitbart eSports.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Man those import rule changes really hosed everyone. Like it's unbelievable to me that they didn't grandfather people in like they did when they first made the system, like all new imports had to wait 4 years to be made residents but all current imports just had to wait the original 2.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Zoness posted:

soaz + peke had this sick strategy where you never practice and don't put in any effort. our other teams tried to adopt it but somehow it only works when they do it

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Basically every other team started doing the "infrastructure" thing and as a result they all stayed in step with each other but Europe mostly hung out on Spanish beaches in little speedos and smoked and now they suck. Also their best 2 players went to NA to form a bad team that didn't make it to worlds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

Man those import rule changes really hosed everyone. Like it's unbelievable to me that they didn't grandfather people in like they did when they first made the system, like all new imports had to wait 4 years to be made residents but all current imports just had to wait the original 2.
In all likelyhood it's because China had the money + resources to rebuild entire teams like Samsung White or combinations of old Naijin/KT teams and not because NA teams wanted to run three imports

• Locked thread