Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

I like to imagine Allison's flipping the bird at Mottom there. A wreathed in heavenly fire bird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Tarezax posted:

I'm not seeing dessication. What I do see is Mottom crying. Allison drove a loving demiurge to tears.

All she wanted was a friend who understands her.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
"I shouldn't have shown her that stupid tree."

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I even gave her peaches

i though bitches loved peaches

Sheogorath
Mar 29, 2007

Aye, I could easily be wrong.

I just figured that maybe Mottom would be happy that a new player has emerged that is at least strong enough to resist her will.

Someone who can stunt on her could possibly be able to break the status quo(blocking Jaggonoth) that is making her current life so unhappy. In any case, we may see in the next comic (which should be the last of this book, apparently?)

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I'm really impressed with the rapid aging effects over the course of the past few pages.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Allison is the inevitability of time.

The Demiurges' have spent their lives stopping time, built their existences around it. Their very beings. They've spent so much to build an unchanging universe. But it couldn't last, it had to all crumble. Zoss knew that. That's why he gave it all to Allison.

Allison is the inevitable ruin of all things. And she can't be stopped.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Who What Now posted:

Allison is the inevitability of time.

The Demiurges' have spent their lives stopping time, built their existences around it. Their very beings. They've spent so much to build an unchanging universe. But it couldn't last, it had to all crumble. Zoss knew that. That's why he gave it all to Allison.

Allison is the inevitable ruin of all things. And she can't be stopped.

Entropy is not as catchy as KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I could very well be wrong, what with Abaddon saying the Seven Deadly Sin motif is just superficial, but the fact that Maya's love of noodles and the fact that she wears orange, a color associated with gluttony, means she's going to take Mottom's place. Even if she doesn't join the remaining six, she's at least going to take her key.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
To head off "Nadia dies here" chat now:

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/783555048349380608

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
not that video game bosses don't have a tendency to come back all the time after getting punked anyway.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
If anything she's supposed to be the Hopeless Boss Fight that shows the protagonist his/her fighting skills are woefully lacking compared to the big players and the best they can do is escape for now.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Pureauthor posted:

If anything she's supposed to be the Hopeless Boss Fight that shows the protagonist his/her fighting skills are woefully lacking compared to the big players and the best they can do is escape for now.

I think in Allison's case, every boss is going to be a hopeless boss fight, only winning through blind luck and being underestimated.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

nimby posted:

I think in Allison's case, every boss is going to be a hopeless boss fight, only winning through blind luck and being underestimated.

The nature of Royalty is to be misunderstood in its own time and place.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Sheogorath posted:

I don't think Mottom is dead/dying or even terribly disspointed in this outcome.

She was pretty clear about the fruit being the only thing keeping her alive (hence her statement to Allison about finding something else to extend her life). So as far as she knows, she'll be dead soon. I'm not saying she couldn't find something, but her window is really small at this point judging by how fast she's aged in the last few pages and I'm doubtful that she'll pull something out of her rear end at the last minute.

E: welp, guess I'm wrong on that point.

Although, in my defense, he did respond to a question on the K6BD tumblr by saying that it was pretty clear what was meant by "the fruit is the only thing keeping me alive".

E2: this one

quote:

Anonymous asked:
Considering the confusion on /co/, would Mottom die from old age if she didn't eat the fruit? Or does she eat the fruit to appear youthful before her court in a show of power? I thought it was just the former, with the byproduct of the latter.

A: Not to disparage anybody because I know my comic can be obtuse sometimes but I’m not sure how much more explicit I can get than ‘it’s the only thing keeping me alive

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Oct 5, 2016

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Hey, dying didn't stop Nietzschean Obi-Wan. Why should it stop Lady Yoda?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Mottom seemed confident she'll find another way to stay alive, so I no reason to doubt that, though she might have to hurry up and do it. Maybe she'll suck the life out of maidens directly.
I can imagine the matter giving Allison and crew some respite rather than having her hot on their heels forever.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Mottom also had boatloads of that fruit stocked up. She's got some time to figure out what she's doing.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Cut the pursuers now gorging on her fruit pile, Maya perfectly slices a peach.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Stormgale posted:

Cut the pursuers now gorging on her fruit pile, Maya perfectly slices a peach.

As they revert to youth, Mottom must prevent them from getting up to any antics, leading to the new K6BD spinoff "108 Itty Bitty Stars"

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Poltergrift posted:

As they revert to youth, Mottom must prevent them from getting up to any antics, leading to the new K6BD spinoff "108 Itty Bitty Stars"

How do you kidproof a palace against the art of cutting?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Poltergrift posted:

Hrtomos is just a giant fetus dragging itself around

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

DarkCrawler posted:

Hrtomos is just a giant fetus dragging itself around looks like a wizened old man

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Stormgale posted:

NO MAYA THAT'S A BAD BABY OH GOD SO MUCH BLOOD

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Poltergrift posted:

We gotta put a kickstarter together to make this happen or what?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Tenebrais posted:

Mottom seemed confident she'll find another way to stay alive, so I no reason to doubt that, though she might have to hurry up and do it. Maybe she'll suck the life out of maidens directly.
I can imagine the matter giving Allison and crew some respite rather than having her hot on their heels forever.

yeah I kinda wanna see what the alternatives were that this was her preferred secret of immortality

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
My guess was that they all had to figure out their own means because they were all at war with each other so no collaboration = no shared standard. I'm assuming that each one of the Seven has a method of cheating death that is disturbing and ties into their "symbolic vice" or whatever.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Jadis is just too lazy to age.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Jadis' is probably 'I have seen the curvature of the universe and no longer can be hosed up more than I already am'.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I though abbadon said somewhere that Jadis wants to die. With how she's frozen in carbonite, it might even be her minions are holding her hostage.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

We already know what Solomon David's method is.

Phy posted:

Solomon David achieved his immortality through the twin disciplines of Lookin' Good and Feelin' Fine.

That said, I wonder if he is the same David from Allison's universe or if all the "Earths" across the multiverse are just share varying degrees of similarity and another king David managed to ascend.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Poltergrift posted:

At least a few died, so I don't know if the number 108 holds up.

Unless those guards really did join up with the gang and it is just a revolving cast, as long as it adds up to 108.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

nimby posted:

Unless those guards really did join up with the gang and it is just a revolving cast, as long as it adds up to 108.

I want to believe that this is the case and that one of them is the crate of tea cups now.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
crate of tea cups got cut along with juggernaut star

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Stormgale posted:

You ever see those plastic bumper things people put over wall corners so their baby doesn't ram their walker or head into them?

Gonna need a lot of those

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
We already know Jagganoth's source of longevity - it's those nails he got from the angels that make him immortal and invulnerable.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Darth Walrus posted:

We already know Jagganoth's source of longevity - it's those nails he got from the angels that make him immortal and invulnerable.

I figured the nails were a (relatively) new thing, given that the imbalance of power between the seven seems to have only recently become so skewed.. He may have had another method before that.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Stormgale posted:

You don't have to -- as a kid, before she learned the art of cutting, she was just Maya Push Over The Big Kids And Steal Their Lunches.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pavlov posted:

I though abbadon said somewhere that Jadis wants to die. With how she's frozen in carbonite, it might even be her minions are holding her hostage.

Yeah, the impression I'm getting is that she went from so powerful that she may well not have needed a method of immortality (unless her witnessing the shape of the universe happened within what would have been her "natural" lifetime) to so weak and shattered that she'd rather be dead.

And yes, Jadis wants to die; I quoted that from the Tumblr account in here somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013

paranoid randroid posted:

so if understand this, things like Mayas sword work on the principle of her wanting something to be cut in half enough for it to happen, right?

I think in some Buddhist schools of thought the physical world is basically illusion. So it's basically like they're in the Matrix. Technically there's nothing stopping you doing that big jump between building/ chopping an angel in half, the limits are in your own mind. But we're all so deeply embedded in the illusion of the world that kicking free of those limits is a supreme effort of will/understanding. So the art of cutting and Aesma's Want is momentarily managing to focus your entire being so absolutely on a single thing that you completely abandon the illusory limits holding you back, basically just by forgetting about them.

Enlightenment/ Royalty would be what's implied at the end of the first Matrix - permanently maintaining that state of fully understanding that nothing is real and there's nothing holding you back.