Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
News: Why Sam Bradford is MVP by Peter King

quote:

Runners up for the MVP, by the way:
2. Aaron Donald, DT, Los Angeles. The Rams are 3-1. Reason enough.
3. Trevor Siemian, QB, Denver. This is not a misprint.
4. Matt Ryan, QB, Atlanta. On fire for the past three weeks.
5. Derek Carr, QB, Oakland. The dawn of the next great Raider is at hand.

Views: I really like Sam Bradford right now, but we should be talking about giving Zimmer Coach of the Year instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
With the exception of 1-2 quarters so far, he's been like a safer Cassel. Shook, unable to see anything develop, skittish, and completely ineffective.

Another couple games like this and I think I'm going to be ready to move on.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Brockenstein posted:

The perfectly good pocket had a free rushing lb that he had no way of knowing would be tripped up so successfully by the rb

Yeah that immediately made me realize that Parm's secret other forum account this dude had no idea what he was going on about

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Ok Ben:

https://twitter.com/RVacchianoSNY/status/783435858867281921

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Chichevache posted:

News: Why Sam Bradford is MVP by Peter King

Views: I really like Sam Bradford right now, but we should be talking about giving Zimmer Coach of the Year instead.

why not both :getin:

But seriously, Bradford deserves a ton of praise for how he's assimilated to the team, far surpassing anyone's reasonable expectations, but he's not the MVP.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hi just wanted to say that the Browns are going to beat Tom Brady and the Patriots.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Hot Diggity! posted:

gently caress the Patriots

I believe the Browns are going to run a train on the Patriots in the most unBrowns fashion.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

latinotwink1997 posted:

I believe the Browns are going to run a train on the Patriots in the most unBrowns fashion.

I believe this to be true, also. Thank you latinotwink1997

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Good to see Peter King on the Siemian Train :toot:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Good to see Peter King on the Siemian Train :toot:

To be fair, I can't think of a time when Peter King hasn't loved Siemian.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
He prefers a full bodied, craft Siemian with no aftertaste.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

He prefers a full bodied, craft Siemian with no aftertaste.

You can't leave craft Siemian in the sun too long though or it gets skunked.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

l m a o

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Week 5 maps

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2016&wk=5

A lot of people are gonna watch Fitz' latest disaster

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
tom brady is going to throw for 800 yards and 16 TDs against the Browns this week

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

nerve posted:

l m a o

Watch out for the bad men who make the little bitch go bitchmade

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Bears/Colts getting FOX's A-team is weird

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Vertical Lime posted:

Week 5 maps

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2016&wk=5

A lot of people are gonna watch Fitz' latest disaster

You mean the Jets' D's latest disaster.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

nerve posted:

l m a o

I seriously do not like the nfl

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Well someone has to try put a positive spin on that game.

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

You mean the Jets' D's latest disaster.

How can you properly evaluate a defense when your quarterback has turned over the ball NINE TIMES in the last two games?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Super Bowl XLI rematch! :barf:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
The Steelers are toying with trying Maurkice Pouncey at RT due to their Pro Bowl RT Markus Gilbert having either an ankle issue or mid-foot inury, plus his back-up Ryan Harris suffering a hematoma in relief against the Chiefs Sun night

Awesome, considering they get that insanely good Jets d-line in just a few days

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

nerve posted:

l m a o

Guys we hitched a wagon to him so please don't let other players make him sad

Nov 6, 2002

The real victim in all this is Procter & Gamble.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

How can you properly evaluate a defense when your quarterback has turned over the ball NINE TIMES in the last two games?

Because the reason he was in position to turn it over that many times was because of the horrible defense digging holes he was trying to climb out of.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

gently caress Duke.

Wait...wrong subforum.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mcmagic posted:

Because the reason he was in position to turn it over that many times was because of the horrible defense digging holes he was trying to climb out of.

Knowing that I'll never convince you of anything, I'd argue that at least 3 of the 6 picks against KC came before the game was out of reach and there was no need to try to force anything. The game wasn't really over until the Derrick Johnson pick 6. There's also the fact that Eric Berry's interception in the end zone came when no one in the world could call the game over.

From the other side that was an annoying game because it was a game for so much longer than it should have been.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Knowing that I'll never convince you of anything, I'd argue that at least 3 of the 6 picks against KC came before the game was out of reach and there was no need to try to force anything. The game wasn't really over until the Derrick Johnson pick 6. There's also the fact that Eric Berry's interception in the end zone came when no one in the world could call the game over.

From the other side that was an annoying game because it was a game for so much longer than it should have been.

My point is not that Fitz has played well. He's been horrible, though 2 of those 3 picks were on tipped balls and not really terrible throws by him. But my point was that the defense was supposed to be the strength of the team and they have been horrible across the board. Their gameplan in the Chiefs game was a complete embarrassment.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I mean, OBJ is acting like a little bitch baby but Xavier Rhodes did hit him out of bounds twice, the second time definitely to try and provoke him again.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Did Verrett tear a ligament?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Someone hug Ross :glomp:

quote:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Chargers CB Jason Verrett "worries" he may have a torn ligament in his knee and will undergo tests on Wednesday.

Verrett is hoping it's not severe enough to cost him games, or the rest of the season, but this is obviously a major concern. Verrett shut down Jeremy Maclin and Allen Robinson in Weeks 1 and 2, but got taken out back to the woodshed by T.Y. Hilton in Week 3, and Verrett says the knee has been an issue the past two games. His loss would be another big blow to the Chargers.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
It doesn't stop

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

WHOOPS posted:

I mean, OBJ is acting like a little bitch baby but Xavier Rhodes did hit him out of bounds twice, the second time definitely to try and provoke him again.

OBJ gives as good as he gets if you watch everything.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic isn't wrong about the pass defense. Jets are worst in league in NY/A against, Y/A against, 31st in pass defense DVOA, 31st in Rating against. Only the Lions are even close to as bad.

It's loving dire.

https://twitter.com/fbgchase/status/782778493218254848
https://twitter.com/fbgchase/status/782778641730113536

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

pubic works project posted:

gently caress Duke.

Wait...wrong subforum.

No such thing as a wrong forum for that.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Intruder please change my name to gently caress Duke

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

mcmagic isn't wrong about the pass defense. Jets are worst in league in NY/A against, Y/A against, 31st in pass defense DVOA, 31st in Rating against. Only the Lions are even close to as bad.

It's loving dire.

https://twitter.com/fbgchase/status/782778493218254848
https://twitter.com/fbgchase/status/782778641730113536

I don't think anyone would argue that the Jets have the 31st best secondary in the NFL in terms of personnel . This is all on Bowles and his staff.

Nov 6, 2002

Has Revis really fallen off a cliff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Has Revis really fallen off a cliff?

He got his ring and stopped caring

• Locked thread