Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

swims posted:

I know I'm getting older but what is the point of having instagram and twitter and facebook? Especially when the overkill announcements are on steam forums or Reddit? I guess more exposure but it seems like they are all basically the same thing to me :corsair:

The instagram is actually Almir's personal account- a lot of it isn't Overkill related.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
:kayak: dog supremacy :kayak:

damion poitier continues to be the coolest guy ever

swims posted:

I know I'm getting older but what is the point of having instagram and twitter and facebook? Especially when the overkill announcements are on steam forums or Reddit? I guess more exposure but it seems like they are all basically the same thing to me :corsair:

they're subtly different, but the real point is increasing your overall reach, like you suspect. we're in a brave new world where anyone can get newscaster-level influence in a specific area by simply talking about that area a lot, as opposed to lucking out getting a very particular job or setting up a ton of infrastructure to assemble, market, and promote your own radio/tv station.

there are SUBSTANTIAL rewards associated with being a credible influencer.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Bottom line is the Chains guy owns.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
eric etebari and damion poitier are champs

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

got bored, started working on :pubstove: because even on the discord, horror stories of playing with pubs continue to roll in.

(I need to make the puffs of smoke more visible)

There we go. Made the dancing flames more visible, too.

hexwren fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Oct 5, 2016

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
You're a forums hero, Allen Wren

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

To commemorate it:

I pubstoved last night out of boredom. Arrived in a Big Bank to find three sub-Infamy 1 players slowly picking the locks on the deposit boxes and none of the loot in the vault bagged. (But at least they picked the bus escape.)

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Tempest_56 posted:

To commemorate it:

I pubstoved last night out of boredom. Arrived in a Big Bank to find three sub-Infamy 1 players slowly picking the locks on the deposit boxes and none of the loot in the vault bagged. (But at least they picked the bus escape.)

That's not even really bad, that's just "this game doesn't really come with documentation."

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Allen Wren posted:

That's not even really bad, that's just "this game doesn't really come with documentation."

Agreed - sub Infamy 1 and I'll forgive just about anything that isn't actively detrimental, given how bad voice comms are/were in this game. Hell, the fact that it even needs a long guide when it's effectively a co op game with few heists taking more than 20-30 minutes on average (outside of specific achievements) says a lot about the design.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Tempest_56 posted:

To commemorate it:

I thought you were going to post a real pubstoving story, like that time where the entire team went black and white and the only guy with doctor bags didn't deploy them after all 3 other teammates asked for it, causing a wipe.

Fake edit: doctor bag guy was 25-100 with 1300 hours logged.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Dr. Cheeto is a hero and we can now just :pubstove: when someone's being dumb and touching the stove.

(Or when we talk about baseball trade rumors, I guess.)

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

You're a prince, Allen

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Allen is good at drawing and I am bad with money

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Thank you for :pubstove: after my story of joining a Golden Grin game and immediately seeing 13-14 converted cops. I always seem to see the most CHEATER tags on that map for some reason.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tamayachi posted:

Thank you for :pubstove: after my story of joining a Golden Grin game and immediately seeing 13-14 converted cops. I always seem to see the most CHEATER tags on that map for some reason.

how many times did the cables get disconnected

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

spit on my clit posted:

how many times did the cables get disconnected

About 7 times, but I'll place the blame for 2 of those on latency issues, when you kill the cop like 20 feet away and then the cable mysteriously pops off anyway.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I'm pretty sure the cops actually have nothing to do with the cables popping out, and instead Bain just bought them from the same place he got the drills.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

2 new difficulties, over 100 new achievements.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

UnknownMercenary posted:

2 new difficulties, over 100 new achievements.

Where are you seeing that from?

edit: nvm I found people talking about them.

So Mayhem and One Down difficulties. Looks like Death Wish has been bumped up to 5 skulls, Mayhem is the new 4 skulls, and the One Down is the 6 skull difficulty.

Wonder if Mayhem is GenSec Elites and Skulldozers without the Death Wish changes while One Down is Death Wish and you can only be downed once?

TopHatGenius fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Oct 6, 2016

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Literally just check your Payday 2 achievements on Steam. I'm not going to screencap all 100+ achievements.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Yeah, they're there. Mayhem and One Down difficulty.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Also this is interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNHwb4GwTJQ

A bunch of PD2 files that were added yesterday. Dogs, robot moaning, and birds.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Welp...in for running a ton of cheevos this weekend I guess.

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF
Holky fcuk.
It is going to be a busy goddamn weekend.

Also, judging by the icons, it looks like Mayhem is the new four-skull difficulty, pushing Death Wish up to five skulls. My assumption, then, is that One Down will just be Death Wish but with one down putting you into custody. Depending on how you feel about willingly inflicting pain to your own genitals, make your own assumptions about trading from custody. I don't think it'll be a new new difficulty, but hey, I could be wrong!

THE CHORSE fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Oct 6, 2016

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

goddamn and here I was thinking "hey maybe I can get closer to getting my death wish cheevos done"

WELP

(just opened steam to see it recalculate my percentage complete down from around 60% to 48%)

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

I wonder if One Down will mean aced Stockholm Syndrome is viable. And if Aced Revenant will work with it.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Yeah Death Wish icons now all have five skulls so that is for sure what's going down.

I wonder if One Down will mean you immediately get put into custody, or just that you will be B&W after one down.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I would hope it's the latter, but you never know. If it's literally one down into custody, :rip: any dodge (aka chance) based builds, though

on the other hand, RPG griefing teammates will be raised to new and astounding heights :getin:

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Psion posted:

I would hope it's the latter, but you never know. If it's literally one down into custody, :rip: any dodge (aka chance) based builds, though

on the other hand, RPG griefing teammates will be raised to new and astounding heights :getin:

If so :pubstove:ing has just gotten a lot more hilarious.

I'm hoping for at least 1 down = graying out. That would make Doctor Bags semi-useless as you'd just need First Aid Kits fully aced out.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Psion posted:

I don't see Biker Heist being finishable RBR style. I'm a bad and all, maybe I'm not pro enough, but jesus.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Please somebody just kill me.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Please somebody just kill me.

Play One Down and the cops will be happy to.

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF

quote:

Complete [X] on the Mayhem difficulty or above.
It's ok, buddy, you're halfway there already! :unsmith:

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

THE CHORSE posted:

I'm so glad I don't care about achievement percentages right now.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

THE CHORSE posted:

They finally figured it out. Maybe now I can get my hard and very hard masks legitimately

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

TopHatGenius posted:

Wonder if Mayhem is GenSec Elites and Skulldozers without the Death Wish changes while One Down is Death Wish and you can only be downed once?
I hope so cause it means I can stop checking literally every patch to see if I need to update my mod or not

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So are all of those difficulties or have they also talked about a potential infamy 3.0 to further appease :pubstove:?

Also, why is there so much grunting and moaning? OH GOD, IS THIS THE NEW SPECIAL COMMANDER? A GROSS WEIRDO?

EDIT: gently caress ME, ONE DOWN WITH HALLOWEEN HEISTS?!

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Oct 6, 2016

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Crabtree posted:

EDIT: gently caress ME, ONE DOWN WITH HALLOWEEN HEISTS?!

:unsmigghh:

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

New cheevo: I Survived Lab Rats on One Down and All I Got was this Achievement

Now they're just trolling us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Sorry to all those guys who were going for 100% cheevos. :rip: